Battery Corrosion?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyTamagotchi

Reaction score
Hi! So today, my lil' sis took out the dead batteries in her Tamagotchi Friends, and they were corroded (the dead batteries sat in the Tamagotchi for a few months).Then I remembered that I have a P2 I've left the batteries in, though not dead, for a while. I don't want to use the battery because of how hard P2 ones are to find. (I also just got a new Chibi, and I was planning to leave the batteries in, tag n' all.)

So the question is, will full batteries left in a Tamagotchi corrode? If yes, after how long? Thank you! :3

i searched about it because it is migth helpful

Q-Tips and very gentle rubbing. Sometimes (If you are very gentle) the Screwdriver you use to open it up will help scrape the corrosion off. But I do recommend using a flat screwdriver to scrape it off. If you are worried that might be harsh/hard to do... Get some paper towel to wrap carefully around the screwdriver head
i saved a flashligth using sandpaper (in the shool :p :lol: ) smillar like this do not try this please! i dont want to brokeyour tamas

there is some topics on tt

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/175757-best-way-to-clean-off-battery-corrosion/

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/171644-battery-corrosion/

hope to helped

Last edited by a moderator:
They shouldn't corrode, but stuff happens.

To get the corrosion away, I'd recommend mixing baking soda with water, and gently dabbing the battery compartment, with the mixture on a q-tip.

It really depends. Sometimes the batteries leak their acid, sometimes they won't.

To be safe, it's recommended that you take the batteries out to prevent the risk of them damaging your tama in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back