Side by Side Log: Nano Puppy & P2 Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KujoStar64

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
I'm finally back with a new log! This is a double-log, I'm raising 2 pets together, a Nano Puppy I'll call Fred, and a p2 Tamagotchi I'll call Buckley. Fred arrived yesterday and after a brief battle with batteries, I got everything squared away and Fred was born. Today, in the mail came another small package. Lo and behold, it was Buckley! Batteries went in, and Buckley was born after the traditional 5 minutes. I will post some stats for each in the next post. Stay tuned!

Fred: 0 years old, 3 lb. All meters are currently filled. Fred had 2 naps at 11 AM and 4 PM, or thereabouts. No calls for medicine after getting sick yet, several calls for cleaning up poop (you cheeky Pup!), and one call of seemingly unknown origin. (Fred wanted a snack, of all things!)

Buckley:1 year old, 16 lbs. Happiness and Hunger meters full, Discipline bar filled one time so far. Several poops so far, and the obvious call for medicine in the Baby stage. Buckley is now at the toddler stage and doing well so far. :D

Fred has gained a pound since I last stopped in to report on progress. Nothing different to report with Buckley, yet. Stay tuned! ^_^

Happy birthday to Fred! A birthday cake just appeared, followed by a 1 YR sign. Fred just had a birthday at the very time I started him up, NICE! It's cool to know they age at the time you start them up, rather than have it be something that changes at midnight. That's a really good feature that adds an extra layer of realism to these guys. Stay tuned!

Hallo and top o' the morning, Tama talkers! Fred was up shortly after 7 AM this morning, as usual. He got a couple good poops in so far. I think the poop animation with Nano pets is actually hilarious! You see little nuggets fly from their little bums onto the floor behind them. It is a riot! Buckley is still asleep as of this writing. I'm guessing he wakes up in a few more minutes. Lazy tama! There were a couple texts on my phone from my fiancé as well. I'm rather glad to hear from him. I miss our late-night chats. That all changed once I got back into being a responsible tama owner. I love being a responsible adult, ALL the time! (not!)

Buckley finally woke up. We're off to a good start. After becoming familiar with the p2 Tamagotchi, I'm more determined to never own a p1 Tamagotchi. I like p2 better for the food choices and the game. I like the addition of the numbers for the p2's game, it's no longer a shot in the dark on which button to push, for the most. Nano pets have the same guessing game, like a p1 Tamagotchi has, but they also have a second game involving a ball or mouse that they chase. I decided to mention these things here cos I felt they are worth discussing. Part of the purpose for this log is to explain what I feel to be good features for non-Tamagotchi pets. So many people are dyed-in-the-wool Tamagotchi fans, and they won't get into the millions of knock-offs, like Nanos or Gigas, and that's fine. However, I feel it is my own duty to show people the good aspect of these countless knock-offs, cos to be honest, as a teenager, I was more familiar with the knock-off pets than actual Tamagotchi pets! With this having been said, we now return to the log! Stay tuned!

Fred: 1YR 6 lbs.

Buckley: 2YR 17lbs.

Fred's taken several poops since waking up at just past 7 AM. Nanos poop a lot, so be prepared for that! Buckley pooped a couple times and beeped for discipline as well. So far so good, we'll be back later on with (hopefully) better developments!

Yesterday I took a day-trip to visit my brother and co. in SW Michigan, so I'll share my updates with you today!

Fred has evolved into a cuter form of puppy! He looks a little like a Saint Bernard pup. He is 3 years old and weighs 9 pounds at the moment. Nano puppies look so strange in their first form, it's when they evolve for the first time that they really start to look more like an actual dog. He will turn 4 years old at 6:48 PM this evening, another reason why I adore the Nano pet series. They age on the minute of being born, not automatically at midnight. Nano pets might never have been a huge success in the virtual pet world, but I really feel they offered more unique features that offered an experience that was the closest to reality than any other virtual pet on the market outside of Tamagotchi, and Tamagotchi never really became more realistic until the connections, in my own opinion.

Talking of Tamagotchi, Buckley has also evolved! He is a lemon head with a pair of legs, now. He is 4 years old and 24 pounds at the moment. Buckley actually evolved yesterday into the teenager stage, and one more stage will bring him to his adult form, and after that, it'll be a matter of time before he finally dies or returns to his home plane, however you want to look at it.

Those are the most recent updates, I will return soon with another report once more progress is made, so stay tuned!.

The plot thickens! A box came from Italy, which means my Tama Chibi has finally arrived to join the menagerie. But until then, onto some stats!

Fred: 5YR 13LB

Buckley: 6YR 27 LBS

I'll be back with more updates as they roll in! Stay tuned!

Tama Chibi is added to the menagerie. I'll call him Afterthought. Anyhow, Fred just beeped for a nap. He pooped a few times today, already. Buckley pooped once. I know he will be the first to depart, so I'm preparing myself for that moment. Afterthought also pooped once so far, and has evolved into a Mametchi. He is easy to care for.

*On a more interesting note, my search for a specific sort of pet is finally over. I will be getting a SEGA Mushiking in another week or so. This is basically a virtual beetle that you can battle against other players. It has an infrared port on the bottom of the shell, which is a brown beetle with huge pincer-jaws. As there is very little information about this specific virtual pet anywhere on the web, I will be doing a separate log for this pet in the near future, so stay tuned for that.*

I'm adding two more odd pets to my menagerie, both were available at Radio Shack some years ago. Data-Cat and Micro-Dino are joining the rest of my little group in a week or so from now. Fred, Buckley, and Afterthought are all deeply asleep. I wonder if they dream, and what would they dream about? Fred has not changed since his first evolution into a more normal-appearing puppy. Nano Puppy is so odd to start! Buckley is still with us at this point. Stay tuned!

Since my Mushiking has finally arrived, Afterthought has been disabled and put aside for a while. And now for a brief report on Fred. He has evolved again. His 3rd form is not as cute as his 2nd form. He turns 9 very shortly. Buckley is 9 years old and still with us. When he finally dies, or returns to his home planet, I will set aside my p2 as well to focus on my Nano puppy and my Mushiking, whom I have named Ringo. I will be back with more updates as they develop. Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back