A New Beginning

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychotama

Reaction score
*ATTENTION: ALL OF THE PHOTOS ON MY LOG CAN NOW BE VIEWED BY DOWNLOADING A CHROME EXTENSION - google photobucket broken links fix chrome and click the first result. Downloading this fixes all of the broken pictures!*

I'm not quite sure how to begin. My journey with Tamagotchi began about thirteen years ago. I was nine years old when the Tamagotchi Connection came out in the US. I saw a lot of kids with them at school, so I begged my parents to buy one for me. I remember it was pretty hard to find one in stores because they were constantly selling out. After a lot of searching, I finally found one at a local department store. That day I purchased my first ever tamagotchi. It was a translucent orange V1. After hatching my first egg, my obsession quickly began. Within six months, I had about six V1s all running at once. I continued buying new tamas as the new versions came out. I discovered the original tamagotchis a bit later and of course I had to have those as well. My poor mom was constantly on ebay bidding on old tamagotchis for me. I wound up with many P1s, a P2, a Japanese Angelgotch, and a Mothra. Eventually my collection reached 36 tamas in total. At one point, I had about 20 tamas running all at once. I took them everywhere with me. They were my fascination for years. I gradually lost interest, however, and for quite some time my box of tamas was unopened. Even though I wasn't playing with them like I used to, I never got rid of the desire to hatch a tama every so often. So, during long breaks from school, or during a couple of weeks in the summer, I would open up my box and start a tama or two. I lost interest very quickly though, so I never played with them for long. This past break from them is the longest I've ever taken. Until now, I hadn't touched a tama in probably four years.

A LOT can happen in four years. Four years ago, I was a senior in high school. Now, I am a senior at a conservatory of music, studying oboe performance. Not only that, but I'm currently working on graduate school applications. There's been quite a lot of change in my life, and much more is soon to come. You may ask why I would choose what is sure to be one of the busiest times of my life to start playing with tamagotchis again. That is a very, very good question, and one that I'm not really prepared to answer. I have NO idea why I am doing this. A few weeks ago I just had an overwhelming urge to start a tama. Of course I laughed at myself and thought that I was being silly. The feeling only got stronger as the days went by. So, when I traveled home for a short break from school, I couldn't stop myself from opening up my tama box. It really made me smile to look at them all again. I have so many wonderful memories with all of them. I decided then that it was time to bring tamagotchi back into my life. I picked out a P1 and a V2. It wasn't until the eggs hatched that I realized how much I had missed my little friends. Tamagotchis were never just a casual toy for me, I was very into them and got attached to each individual tama I raised. And, that's still how I see them. So here I am, 21 years old and raising tamagotchis. Shortly after getting back to school, I decided that just two tamas simply weren't enough. I made the slightly embarrassing phone call to my dad asking him to mail me a few tamas from home...so of course my parents think I've lost my mind (which isn't really anything new) and my boyfriend, Jared, also thinks I've lost it. But I don't really care. Oh, and did I mention that I ordered another Angelgotch online?.... :) So yes, I have actually lost my marbles but it's all fine and dandy. After this rather elaborate introduction, I suppose that I should introduce you to my friends!

I was fortunate enough to get Mametchi on both my P1 and my V2! Mametchi is one of my favorite characters. I just think she is really cute. I was actually going for a Ginjirotchi on my P1, who is my favorite character from that generation. Ginji is really pretty difficult to get. I think I went wrong when I disciplined my Tamatchi to 100%. Normally, I would only do 75% for Ginji but I thought I had let the hearts drop down to 2 a few too many times. I guess I over compensated. I am in no way upset with having Mametchi though. She is a very good companion to have around. I'm honestly not sure how I got Mametchi on my V2. I don't think the evolutions have an awful lot to do with care on V2, because I definitely did NOT take perfect care of her. I filled her training bar and played with her often, but I accidentally let the hearts drop low a few times. In any case, the care that I took would have resulted in a Kuchipatchi :lol: on a V1. But here I am with two wonderful Mametchis! A great welcome back into tama life. I am excited to share with you my journey through music school with my tamas!

22264069-5c36-4ccc-9905-4d452ba01dc0_zps91a4nouy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Today has been quite a long day. I have spent most of the day practicing and making oboe reeds. My senior recital is rapidly approaching and I have to make every second of practice count. My recital will be on December 4th and will be featuring a mostly 20th century program. I'll be performing the Malcolm Arnold Sonatina for Oboe and Piano, Debussy's Reverie (arranged for oboe and harp), the Britten Phantasy Quartet, 3 Diversions for 2 Oboes by Jeffrey Rathbun (my teacher!), and the Goossens Oboe Concerto. I am very, very excited for the recital (and also terrified) because I absolutely LOVE everything about this music. I can't wait to share it with everyone.

Other than the usual practicing and reed making, I spent a super eventful hour and a half sitting in a West Side Story rehearsal and only playing about two minutes. I am playing oboe and English horn for my school's production of West Side. I love the show, but there just isn't much written for the oboe. I spend most of the time sitting there bored to death. These are times when I'm really glad I have my tamas for company. My Mametchi and I played the game together for most of the rehearsal. I guess I'm just going old school but I am super into the 90's tamas right now. So, if you are interested in the tamagotchi ancestors, this log will be exciting for you! I plan to have quite a few P1, P2, and an Angelgotch running very soon. I think my attraction to them is the longer life span. You get to keep your adult (assuming you take good care of it) for a much longer time than the later versions. I like being able to spend a lot of quality time with my tamas. I am really enjoying Mametchi on my P1 and I look forward to many more days with her. I am going to try my best to keep her for as long as possible. She has been in extremely good health so far and hasn’t showed any signs of old age. She did get sick for no apparent reason today, which worries me a bit. I know I should technically have at least ten more days with her if I’m careful.

I am especially grateful for Mametchi’s company when I’m making reeds. As an oboist, it is required that I make my own reeds to play on. The casual player usually purchases machine made reeds or buys from a vendor. Serious students need to learn how to make their own. There are many benefits to making your own reeds, even though the task is REALLY frustrating. By making your own, you are never at the mercy of someone else. You can always have a reed ready when you need it. You can also adjust them to suit the individual oboe and your own preferences. So, making your own gives you a huge advantage. Mametchi watched me work on reeds for hours today. Of course, I took breaks to play with her.

3c7086fb-0c97-4c97-b0bb-9fce0ad24009_zpsyqwoa5ih.jpg

I am currently awaiting the arrival of some of my tamas from home. Hopefully they will come in the mail on Friday. I’m also anxiously awaiting the arrival of my silver Angelgotch that I ordered last week. It is due to get here sometime between tomorrow and November 15th… I’m really hoping it is here sooner rather than later. I am dying to start up an Angel. They are so much fun. Once I get a few more tamas here, there will be a lot more to write about! Mametchi went to sleep a couple of hours ago and I should really do the same.

Today was another really long day! Mondays and Thursdays are my most hectic days during the week. On Thursday, I have two classes and a double rehearsal because wind ensemble and orchestra both rehearse on the same day. Wind ensemble is from 4:15 to 5:30 and then I have a dinner break until orchestra. Orchestra runs from 7:30 all the way to 10:00 at night. We are working on Tchaikovsky's 5th symphony for our December concert. Tchaikovsky is one of my favorite composers and I absolutely love this symphony (well, for the most part). The second movement is gorgeous. No matter how many times I hear it, I never get tired of those melodies. The other movements are nice, but the last one has never been one of my favorites. It's just really loud and repetitive. Since it's probably the most famous movement out of all of his symphonies I guess I can't say anything, but I don't always enjoy playing it :rolleyes: There were plenty of moments in the rehearsal tonight when just the strings were being worked with (they need a lot of attention) so these were the perfect opportunities to play with Mametchi a bit. She definitely began showing some signs of old age today. She is now 12 years old and up until today she would only drop a heart about every hour or so. Today, she began needing some attention about every thirty minutes. I don't mind because it makes me feel more needed...but I don't like seeing her age. I know I'm going to miss her an awful lot when she leaves me. I got a really good picture of her today though! Sometimes it's hard to get a clear one.

b3a8293b-9858-427f-9c99-48e110d71aa6_zpsbn4op8mt.png
Unfortunately, my Angelgotch didn't come in the mail today...but I'm still hopeful that it might be here tomorrow. Fridays are really nice because I only have one class, and then I'm done for the day after 11. Tomorrow we are having a double reed studio Halloween party in my apartment! I'm definitely gonna have to clean a ton because it is not even close to presentable right now. I live with three other guys, so at least the mess is not all mine ;) I really don't help the problem though haha.

Loving the log! I agree, vintage tamas definitely have a different vibe. I'm running a v4.5 run and have a ura young violetchi named Kiwi ^.^

I'm what you would call a casual oboist.
imageproxy.php
I'm gonna start doubling on tenor sax on Monday though
imageproxy.php

Can't wait to see your new angelgotch! I have 2, a pink Japanese one and a white English one.

Just a tip on your log, would you mind keeping the font like your second post? The cursive is beautiful and I can read it but not as easy. Love your log, I hope your tamas arrive soon!

Loving the log! I agree, vintage tamas definitely have a different vibe. I'm running a v4.5 run and have a ura young violetchi named Kiwi ^.^

I'm what you would call a casual oboist. :) I'm gonna start doubling on tenor sax on Monday though :D

Can't wait to see your new angelgotch! I have 2, a pink Japanese one and a white English one.

Just a tip on your log, would you mind keeping the font like your second post? The cursive is beautiful and I can read it but not as easy. Love your log, I hope your tamas arrive soon!
Glad you're enjoying the log! It's nice to sit down sometimes and write about my day. As for the font, I have used comic sans for all of the entries. They all look alike from my laptop, but when I look from my phone, some of them are in cursive. I am not really sure why this is, but I can't really do anything about it...it's a mystery to me haha. It's also cool to meet a fellow oboist! There aren't many of us around. Thanks for reading :)

It's been a lovely Friday. Normally I have to drag myself out of bed to get to my class, but today I woke up a couple of minutes before my alarm went off. Mametchi was there to greet me. I played a few games with her and then headed to class. I have a talent for finishing my Spanish homework minutes before it's due, and that's definitely what I did today. I couldn't care less about Spanish, I just need to finish up my language requirements to graduate. I'm not much of a language enthusiast but German is my favorite. I took a few years of it, but quit because I didn't want to put effort into the higher level courses. Anyway, after class my friend Emily and I went to my favorite Thai restaurant, Sweet Mango. I have been there so often that the owners know my order as soon as I walk in. They eventually stopped giving me a menu and even figured out that I didn't eat the shrimp that comes with my dish without me saying anything. I'm not really sure if this is depressing or if I should be flattered. What is depressing is thinking about all of the money I've spent eating there....yeah that's not a happy thought. Anyway, this was Mametchi's first trip to Sweet Mango and I think she enjoyed it quite a bit. I took some pictures of her at the restaurant. One with my wonton soup, and another of her making my favorite Mametchi face.

4b172354-df38-4d43-8f58-555316611911_zps0ihcpb6p.jpg
bc8add05-c7f0-45b0-a17f-e7f31b4b8016_zpsl2yiptkn.jpg

I'm not sure why I love that expression so much, but I just think it's adorable. Mametchi was clearly not amused at my trying to feed her an extra meal. She's very cute when she's grumpy.

After lunch, I had a chamber rehearsal for the Britten phantasy quartet and then practiced etudes for grad auditions. I think I'm going to go practice a little more before starting the cleaning for my party...maybe I'll make Emily help me clean B)

The weather was perfect yesterday! It was warm with a nice breeze and lots of sunshine. Not exactly typical Halloween weather, but I took advantage of what was probably one of the last warm days of the year. Mametchi and I went on a nice walk down my favorite trail. It's a bike trail with tall trees flanking both sides. It always relaxes me to walk there. I took some autumn pictures with Mametchi. We enjoyed sitting on a tree stump and watching the leaves fall.

94ac4661-2370-4742-9a2b-5c9da089e603_zps8macbv5i.jpg
f21dd674-421c-4f4e-912c-888de932fea6_zpseirubbkp.jpg
Last night we went to the Cleveland Orchestra concert. My teacher is the assistant principal oboe of the orchestra, so it is always great to hear him play. It was an all Prokofiev night, featuring the suite from The Love for Three Oranges, his Violin Concerto, and Romeo and Juliet. It was a great evening.

d6fe318a-5ac7-4c7f-ab33-f3ee6349e42e_zpso3cde4sp.jpg
Mametchi is 15 now and it is getting pretty hard to keep her happy. I had a 30 minute rehearsal today and in that time she dropped 2 happy and 2 hungry hearts. I definitely have to work to stay on top of it. It's getting hard to keep her weight down as well, because I'm having to feed her more snacks. I don't always have time to play the game. Right now she's at 43 pounds, which isn't awful, but I'll get it back down at some point tonight.

I am expecting to get three tamas from home in the mail tomorrow! Two P1s and my only P2. I'm really excited to start them up. Also, my Angelgotch should get here any day now, and that will be a lot of fun to write about.

I absolutely love your blog! The way you talk about your Tamagotchi and your day is just..? I dont know how to describe it, but I love just sitting down and reading about people going along with their day while having a little Tamagotchi accompany them. Its my favorite type of blog. I also can't wait until you get your Angelgotchi! That'll be so cute <3 Keep up the amazing work!!

I absolutely love your blog! The way you talk about your Tamagotchi and your day is just..? I dont know how to describe it, but I love just sitting down and reading about people going along with their day while having a little Tamagotchi accompany them. Its my favorite type of blog. I also can't wait until you get your Angelgotchi! That'll be so cute <3 Keep up the amazing work!!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it :) I'm definitely having a great time writing it!

Happy Halloween everyone! My trick or treat was finding a package from my parents in my mailbox today. I'm really glad I checked the mailbox, because normally packages are left outside the door. This one was so small that they just put it inside the box. I was so happy to see my three tamas inside and a new pack of batteries. I hadn't even asked for the batteries, so I was very happy about that. My mom also wrote me a note and drew a little Masukutchi on it. She's so adorable.

a99437ca-b2ed-4af9-838d-239310db31ac_zps8wl3dpnn.jpg

I had to wait for a break in my day to start them up. Around 3:30 I finally had a spare hour so I put batteries into the three new tamas. It was madness trying to keep all of the babies happy at the same time. Mametchi wasn't too much easier to care for. She's been extremely needy all day. I was very relieved when they all changed into toddlers. Also, during this time I was sharpening my reed knife and it slipped and sliced a nice hole in my pants. So that added to the fun.

29944978-1524-41c6-bc67-18b5d01e14a4_zpsdj2ylnxl.jpg

The yellow clockface and the green clear ones are both P1 and the camo is my only P2. The green one may be my favorite shell design that I own. I think the color is so nice. I'm going to try for a Ginjirotchi on the green one and a Masukutchi on the yellow one. Those are two of my favorite characters. I'm definitely going for Mimitchi :mimitchi: on the P2. It has been way too long since I've seen Mimitchi's cute little face. I have learned everything I know about getting specific characters from mimitchi.com. I have been visiting that site since I first got into tamagotchi and it is a wealth of information. I highly recommend it if you are into vintage tamas. Anyway, both Marutchis and Tonmarutchi have been disciplined 25% and I've taken perfect care of them so far. I'll keep doing this until they change into teens and hopefully I'll get the details right for each adult. We shall see.

As for Mametchi :mametchi: , she has been more needy than my toddlers today. I had to pause her during orchestra because she needed attention every 10 minutes and I just couldn't keep up with it. I set the clock wrong afterwards so I could spend some time with her before she went to bed (ssshhh... ;) )

I've been really bad and just won two auctions on ebay...I told myself not to do it but I did anyway. I now have a blue and pink Japanese P1, blue Japanese P2 with Mimitchi on it, and English orange and black P2 coming in the mail. I know this sounds like a lot of money, but I actually got both Japanese tamas for only $31 (including shipping) and that was just an incredible deal. They are new and sealed in package as well. I couldn't pass it up. And the English P2 is being bought as my Christmas present from Emily. That one is also new in package. So, I'm pretty excited for all of this. I don't plan on having any more than 5 tamas running at once, so I'll probably switch one of my current ones out for a new one later on. Still waiting on the Angelgotch, so hopefully that will be here soon as well. It's most definitely time for bed now.

I'm not really sure how I feel about today. I've had a lot of trouble with my reed knife and despite spending an hour and a half trying to grind it down on a diamond stone, it is still not sharp enough. This is making me really anxious because I'm not able to work on reeds without a sharp knife. I have a church gig this weekend and some other rehearsals and things that I really need to sound good for. I ordered a new Jende knife, but that won't be here for another week or so. I'm just really frustrated and it has had me down today. On a positive note, I did wake up to a really, really nice email from a former conductor commenting on a recent performance I did. I played the Poulenc Sonata for Oboe and Piano on my school's convocation recital last month and I sent him the link to the recording. He said some very nice things and it boosted my confidence a bit. I will try to stay positive and hopefully fix my knife tomorrow.

I managed to keep my tamas unpaused all day. It is definitely a lot trickier now that I have 4. They aren't as easy to carry around. It didn't use to be a problem just having Mametchi sitting on my lap during class. I know I should really pause them during class, but I just hate Spanish so much it's nice to have a distraction ^_^ Other than that, my day was pretty open. I didn't have any rehearsals or anything, so I spent a lot of time practicing. It's kind of hard to balance all of the things I need to work on because a lot of grad school audition stuff isn't on my recital. So I'm trying to have my recital rep ready while also staying on top of the other things. It'll all be ok though.

I had to work off the weight of my three toddlers because I'd been feeding a lot of snacks while I was busy. I took about 20 minutes and played a lot of games with them. I like the number game on the P2 a lot more than the P1 game. While it's still a lot of chance, at least you have some kind of logic to base your guess off of. Tonmarutchi was really mean though and repeatedly made me lose even though the odds were highly in my favor. He's pretty sassy. I think he looks like a shark when he's angry and it's really cute.

77980355-8e34-4be5-9aa8-b72e8fcaa425_zpsfkbtfhub.jpg

While I was in knife hell, my three little guys changed into teens. I had forgotten how adorable Tongaritchi is. I love his little feet. He has a lot of personality. I like my two Tamatchis too, of course. I am finished disciplining the yellow Tamatchi, and I have been letting him drop to two empty hearts before caring for him. I really don't like neglecting him, but that's what it takes to get a Masukutchi. The green Tamatchi only needs one more discipline for a Ginjirotchi and of course I'll discipline Tongaritchi all the way for Mimitchi. Things are going according to plan so far.

Mametchi has had to be paused quite a bit throughout the day. I can't leave her alone for more than a couple of minutes before she loses a heart. I'd rather pause her when I need to than risk letting her die while I'm busy. It's really sad to see her like this, and I know we don't have much more time together. She is sitting here with me while I type this. All of the others are asleep. It's impossible to keep her weight down now because I'm constantly having to feed her meals and snacks. I am doing my best to take good care of her though.

Here is a pic of the whole gang watching me practice.

8a83c5a1-5b45-414a-ac08-7436867f3a42_zpsypnypmlg.jpg
It's hard to have too bad of a day when you have these little guys with you. They always make me smile and help me to not completely lose my mind.

man the intro made me go to a feels trip. sometimes people will really think that you have lost your mind for tamas hahahaha but i love how you thought. you didnt care about what they think as long as you have those tamas⭐⭐⭐⭐️ awww

COLEY MOLEY. YOURE GOING TO PLAY DEBUSSY'S REVERIE. MAY THE HEAVENLY HEAVENS BLESS UR SOUL.

You can do itttt. Thats so awesomeeeee

Your mom is so sweet ⭐⭐⭐

It was certainly a much better day today. I forced myself to get up for my early class, which was super boring, but after that I went to Sweet Mango for lunch! I went with Emily and her new boyfriend, who I had to interview to see if he is a good match for her. I asked him lots of very important character judging questions, like what type would he be if he were a Pokemon (and yes, there are wrong answers to that question), if he has seen the Phantom of the Opera, and what his favorite breed of dog is. I'm sure it was a very grueling process for him, but he managed to earn enough points by the end of the interview to pass the test. I gave him my blessing to date Emily, but that was on the condition that he see Phantom within the next six months, preferably the 25th anniversary concert starring Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess. I suppose he's an alright guy as long as he does that.

It seems as though the knife drama has ended for the time being. I was able to get a decent edge on the blade today, but I fear that it won't last for long. I pretty much just used a lot of pressure and increased the angle of my sharpening, which got quick results, but that usually wears the blade out fast. I'm just hoping it will last until my new knife gets here.

I had to pause my tamas during my rehearsals today. Since I have four running now, it's not feasible to have them in rehearsal. I try to make up the time with them though, so I don't set the clock at the correct time. It's almost 1 A.M. here and they are all still up with me. I'm hoping this will balance out the time that they need to be paused during the day. Poor Mametchi has had to be paused the most. If I can't be actively involved in watching her, then I have to pause her because she's so sickly now. I am really happy that I got her weight down though! I was feeling horrible about her being so overweight (she was up in the 90's) so I just played a LOT of games with her while I was waiting for some cane to soak. She is now down to 32 oz ^_^ I feel so much better now (and I'm sure she does too).

My green Tamatchi got his final discipline today. He is at 75% now and I have let his hearts drop down to 2 empty twice in both hunger and happiness. Now I'll take perfect care of him and hopefully end up with Ginji. I've been taking somewhat bad care of the yellow Tamatchi, always letting him drop to at least 2 empty in hunger and happiness before caring for him. I don't think there will be any issue with getting Masukutchi. That brings me to Tongaritchi. I really can't accurately describe how much I love Tongaritchi. He is just so darn cute. I don't even know why. I really think it's his cute little feet. It's like he's pointing his toes during the game. I had meant to take a picture, but he just went to sleep. I'll have to post one tomorrow. I just think he has a lot more personality than Tamatchi. Tongaritchi is also at 75% discipline, so we just need one more. I've successfully taken perfect care of him so far, so we are on the right path for Mimitchi. I can't wait to have a Mimitchi again.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I'll have so much time to practice (and of course spend time with my tamas). I've also got a Skype date with my boyfriend tomorrow evening. Long distance relationships are not fun at all. It's not as bad as it could be I guess, because we live in the same city and get to spend the summers and breaks together, but while I'm away at school I miss him so much. We've been together for over a year now and It's been absolutely amazing :wub: I just wish we went to the same school. But, then I'd never get anything done so I guess it's best this way ;) I should really go to bed now, since everyone went to sleep on me already. Tomorrow will be Mametchi's 20th birthday....It doesn't seem possible that she's been around that long. She's definitely made the past few weeks very memorable.

20161104_141916.jpg

20161104_141916.jpg

The computer was being weird last night, so sorry for the obnoxiously large double picture of Tongaritchi up there...I can't edit it now so it must stay that way. Anyway, there is a LOT to write about today! Yesterday, I received a very special package in the mail. My Japanese silver Angelgotch has finally arrived!

36b637b3-d611-479a-a9bb-f5e2af3eaf98_zps7owvgsfm.jpg
c66430b9-1dc0-4039-a430-97e054f35638_zpshsstgapc.jpg

I was going to put new batteries in it, but I was really struggling to get the screws out and I was afraid I would strip them. So, I went ahead and pulled the tab. What do you know? These twenty year old batteries are working just fine. I was greeted by a nice friendly spirit, Obaketchi, which soon changed into the adorable Obaketchi 2. I honestly love every aspect of the Angelgotch. All of the characters are really cute, the game is fun, the touch feature is interesting, and there are an abundance of secret characters. If you have never gotten the opportunity to play with one of these, I highly recommend getting one.

520f6335-d36c-4233-bec7-ca66f70b5b91_zps6jynvyva.jpg
1c9fbf51-2662-4a1a-b11f-4be5b76c1c67_zpsj1tok7oo.jpg

After about an hour with my Obaketchi 2, he turned into Maruten. Currently, Maruten is 2 years old and is due to change into his next form any time now. I am not trying to get any specific character this time around, but I'll probably end up with Kuriten because that's what I usually get. Maruten has been caught doing 2 good deeds so far, and his Angel Power is nearly maxed out. I'll definitely get a Kodoten for the next form.

2f8273d6-649e-4d13-8ea4-def6632ff53d_zpsv0qafylj.jpg
b3bfea81-7a27-48be-87e1-c528b3d8835c_zpseeqtr8eg.jpg

My Tamatchis are doing well. They are both 6 today, so they will hopefully change before the night is over. I'm really hoping I end up with Ginji and Masukutchi, but only time will tell. Tongaritchi got his final discipline this afternoon, and I have taken perfect care of him, except for accidentally letting his hearts drop down to 2 empty in hunger once. I doubt this will affect my chances of getting Mimitchi though.

Mametchi is 21 today, and I'm getting sad thinking about her leaving me. It will happen anytime now. I've managed to keep her weight down and keep her happy for the most part. I've had to do a lot of pausing, but I let her stay up late with me in the evenings. After everyone else had gone to bed, Mametchi spent a fun evening with Emily and I playing cards and drinking wine. She also stayed up with me while I talked to my boyfriend. So, if this is her last day with me, I'm happy that we spent some quality time together last night.

This morning, another package arrived! It was my early Christmas present from Emily. New P2 in black and orange ^_^ Now I have 2 P2s in my collection. When Mametchi leaves me, I'll probably switch them out. 5 is already a bit much to handle at once, so I'm definitely not going to try 6.

cbf30136-58ad-4db0-8f36-e36b497c5ddf_zpsg6ukiywo.jpg

Now I should head over to the reed room...I ran out of cane so I need to gouge a few pieces. I need to make sure I have a good reed for my gig tomorrow. If anything super exciting happens, I may update again since I definitely won't have any time tomorrow.

I've been too busy to write the past couple of days. I have barely had a spare moment to catch my breath. There's so much to write about and I'll try to keep it as organized as possible.

First of all, Sunday was quite possibly the longest day of my life. I woke up at 6:30 A.M. and got ready for my gig. I showered and got all dressed up in a nice pink shirt with gray tie and gray pants. I was thinking that I was looking really good and was about to go out the door when I realized that I was kind of hungry so I decided to eat an Uncrustables peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This was a bad mistake, because when I bit into it, the jelly shot out all over my clothes. I was so upset. I managed to get most of it cleaned off without a stain, and what I couldn't get off was covered up by my tie (thankfully) ;) That was honestly the only disaster of the day, which is incredible considering how much went on. At this point, the only one awake with me was Kodoten (Maruten changed the day before) so he got to watch this whole scenario and also watch me freak out trying to find my way to the church. I pulled in right on time and rushed in, only to find that the music director and the choir weren't even there yet. Here is a picture of Kodoten when he went out for a stroll.

fde9180d-98a7-440e-8755-3ffd8312f49f_zpsvjqgglel.jpg
fe729b15-0364-49f4-99b6-df0fabf8764a_zpsjzuin33v.jpg
When he came back, he was lifting weights!

I played two services, one at 8:30 and one at 11. The music was actually pretty nice. It was The Lord is My Shepherd by John Rutter. Very nice oboe part. Conveniently for me, I played right at the beginning of the service, so I could leave when I was done. In the break between services, I went to McDonald's for breakfast and to kill a little time.

ea656935-32d3-4645-b481-3b21426d3055_zpsy0rzayaw.jpg
After I finished eating, I was just sitting there when I heard a familiar sound coming from my yellow tama, then my green, and then my camo. They were changing into their adult forms!

7ea157d1-46e7-43dd-9a0e-11c286bb9a87_zpsnqad2nbj.jpg
I was so happy to see all of the characters that I had been hoping for. There is Ginjirotchi on the left, Mimitchi in the middle, and Masukutchi on the right. These three are some of my most favorite Tamagotchi characters. Ginji is really adorable in every way. His smile is so endearing and I love the way he twirls around on screen. Mimitchi is probably the cutest tama ever. Every face he makes is just so cute. Masukutchi is also really cute in his own way. Even though he isn't one of the most "desirable" characters, I find him to have a lot of personality and I really enjoy having him around. He looks completely different from the front, as Ginji looks super different from the side. In fact, I plan on focusing on each of them separately in future logs so I can really show their personalities and different expressions.

Needless to say, my morning was definitely an exciting one. I was really happy to have their company as the day went on. After the gig, I headed straight to the theater here at school to start tech week rehearsals for West Side Story. I was in rehearsal from 12 in the afternoon until 11 at night. It was horrible. I did have an hour and a half dinner break somewhere in there, but that was it. I really don't play much in the show, so I was just sitting there for most of the time. I brought my laptop and did some homework and worked on grad school applications during some of it. I also played a lot of games with my tamas. Here's a picture of us sitting in the pit.

08be025d-f908-4e65-b945-3481a54157d9_zpsrbbue0xc.jpg
It was a really long process. We went through the show from beginning to end, and worked out all of the kinks. Rehearsing things over and over again. I have a couple of English horn solos and an oboe solo here and there, but the parts are sparse. I think my tamas enjoyed themselves though. They got plenty of attention from me. During this time, Kodoten changed into Kuriten. Kuriten is the healthiest character on Angelgotch. I get Kuriten most of the time because I just find it really hard to neglect the Angelgotch...I like playing with it too much to leave it alone. I have to really commit if I'm going to get something "bad". I'm happy with Kuriten though. He is really cute and he also can turn into the secret character, Futagotenshi. I'm actually well on my way to getting Futago. Kuriten has already done 3 good deeds (he was doing one in this picture) and I have taken near perfect care of him. So, we'll see what happens with that.

3d5ca334-2d7a-4d10-b1e8-0987b90d9f51_zpskcouduj1.jpg
I suppose it is time to talk about Mametchi. She is still 21 years old due to the amount that I have been pausing her. If I have to focus on anything that isn't her (which is most of the time) she has to be paused because she's so needy. I have left her on pause the last couple of nights because I didn't want her to age any more since I hadn't gotten to spent much time with her. Today, I decided to give up on keeping her weight down and just constantly feed her snacks. I figure at least that way I can spend time with her even though I can't play the game every time. She was able to stay unpaused for a good amount of time today because of that. I will leave her unpaused tonight so she will be 22 tomorrow. I know the end is very near, and it makes me really sad. I don't want her to leave me, especially if I'm not watching. That's a lot of the reason that I keep her paused a lot. I don't want to miss her leaving. I know it's going to have to happen though, so I am trying to prepare for it.

I still have a lot to write about, but I am exhausted so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Everyone is asleep now except for Mametchi and Masukutchi. It's 1:23 in the morning here, but their clocks are wrong from when I had to pause a bit during the rehearsal tonight. I'll put them to bed and then I'll do the same.

Life in the USA has changed drastically since my last entry. I will say nothing about it here, but I am so disheartened by the amount of hatred being spread in this country right now. I have a feeling that it's going to be this way for a long time. I am just trying to stay positive and focus on music as much as possible. My tamas and I went to vote on Tuesday, so we did our part. They won't tell me who they voted for, but I'm hoping that they took after me ;)

West Side performances are in full swing. Opening night was Wednesday, and there are performances every night through Sunday. Then, it all starts over next Wednesday. Ten performances in all, so I'm definitely going to be very familiar with this show.

Mimitchi, Ginji, and Masukutchi are all 12 years old now. Ginji and Masukutchi got sick a couple of days ago, and Mimitchi just got his first sickness today. They are all doing very well. I've gotten all of Masukutchi's disciplines, but I haven't exactly taken perfect care of him. He is a bit more needy than the others so I sometimes forget to check on him. I'm not really trying for the secret character, but I would be ok with getting Bill. I'm not expecting to, but we'll see.

Kuriten changed into Futagotenshi a few days ago! I was very happy about that. I really love the twins. They have gone on quite a few strolls, but they don't really do anything interesting when they come back, so that's kind of disappointing. I keep their AP maxed out at 90, even though it really doesn't matter anymore at this point. They are 8 years old today and have a (hopefully) long life ahead of them. I'm not sure what character I'll try for next, but maybe Pukuten. I also really want the secret character, Otonoten....but I'm not ready for that much neglect yet.

d4ba24fd-b727-427c-be9b-8314240f69c0_zpspidrhcko.jpg

It is with the utmost regret and sadness that I disclose the death of my beloved Mametchi. I knew it was coming, but it didn't make it any easier. We were sitting in the reed room last night and she was watching me work on reeds as usual. I stopped periodically to check on her and play a game here and there. It was around midnight when I heard her beeping. I looked up and a skull was flashing near her head. I tried to give her medication, but none of the buttons worked. So, I knew it was all over then. I had never witnessed the death scene on an original tamagotchi so I wasn't really sure what to expect. It seemed like a horribly long amount of time...she just kept beeping and beeping and the beeps gradually slowed down which sounded like her heart stopping. Then she left me an egg and was gone. I was left staring blankly at the angel death screen. It really was super upsetting and I'm still sad about it today. Every time I look at my tamas and see her missing, it makes me miss her a lot. We had been through so much together. She was even with me in a really bad car accident I was in last month. I guess I kind of unrealistically hoped that she would just never die. She died happy though, at the age of 23. I will miss her dearly, but I'm sure she will come back to me some day soon. I plan to get her back on that same tama in the near future. For now, I have put the tab back in it and will just focus on my other four. Here is the last picture I got of Mametchi. This is where she sits when I work on reeds.

f05bd3e0-2cfe-4e0e-8e0f-c425dfead467_zpsdrflxcq1.jpg

Not much has really happened around here. Finally get a break from shows until Wednesday night, but still have orchestra rehearsal tonight. I've been kind of depressed lately and have been struggling to motivate myself. I'm not really sure what is wrong with me, but I hope it passes soon. I've been sleeping a lot more than usual, which is strange, but makes sense with the depression. My mother has been in very bad health for most of my life and has recently been put on strong pain medication. I normally talk to her daily and tell her about what's going on in my life, but for the past week I haven't been able to have a real conversation with her. When she's not completely knocked out from the meds, nothing she says makes any sense. She also hallucinates while I'm trying to talk with her, and that's very disturbing to me. The doctors claim that they need time to figure out the correct dosage and that she will be fine soon, but I'm skeptical because I remember when she was on these meds before and she wasn't ok until she stopped taking them. It's really hard for me because I'm so used to talking to her everyday and she's always been so supportive and encouraging. It's hard not to have that. I can still talk to the rest of my family, but it just isn't the same. They don't get me like she does. If this wasn't already bad enough, I called today and she is in the hospital because she fell and broke her leg in two places....they will have to do surgery soon. The woman could barely walk to begin with, so now I don't know if she'll ever walk again. I'm just really down about all of this and I don't know what to do. I'm grateful that she's alive, but I fear that with her illnesses I won't have a lot of time left with her. I'm sorry for being so morbid. Writing helps, even if no one reads it.

Enough of that. My tamas are all doing really well. Mimitchi and the twins are still very easy to care for, but Ginji and Masukutchi are a bit on the needy side. They have both gotten sick twice. I'm not really sure how long they will stay around, but I'm assuming it will be a shorter time than Mimitchi. The twins are 10 years old and the others are 14. I'm not entirely sure how accurate these ages are because I've had to do a lot of pausing during the shows and some classes, but I think I'm able to make up most of the time. I have been staying up really late (something I need to change) and I keep them up with me.

I had a dream the other night that I got Debirutchi on my Angelgotch....I know, I can't believe I had a dream this nerdy either. But, it was really awesome to have a Debirutchi for a while, even though it was completely fictional :)

I guess I will take this time to showcase Masukutchi a little bit. He looks really different in all of his faces, so I wanted to show that.

587347b9-3edc-4cbc-b33e-84a1a863cef4_zpskcozpov9.jpg
c2463276-d697-4765-8a32-562e80cac7ae_zpsfc0woy4t.jpg
9dc08988-ad29-4646-9c14-f7e6b353545e_zpsnmtgkqrk.jpg
87d7bfb4-54e6-4ec7-aecd-fca53dec0f98_zpszk1z46th.jpg
These are all of the different faces of Masukutchi. I think he is so cute and has a lot of personality (especially when he's angry). I also think that from the side he looks like a bird with a beanie on. It really looks like he has a beak. I don't know, I just really love him.

I forgot to share what came in the mail last week! Or a couple of weeks ago...I don't really know. My new Japanese P1 and P2! I love both of these designs and I'm excited to have the Japanese versions. I hope to start them up sometime soon.

89033f8b-fc27-4acd-8f30-7bf63531d624_zpssfrohnlz.jpg
In other news, I found a set of two Morino Tamagotch on ebay for a REALLY good price. Both were unused and still had the tab in. I have never played with a Morino before so I'm excited to try it out.

Latest posts

Back