Tamagotchi 20th.com?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't actually explain too much...

It says there is a plan for the anniversary and that something will happen that day. (The countdown will reach 0 on Tamagotchi's anniversary)

Then, there is a riddle. If you introduce the correct answer on the Tamagotchi M!X Station you will be able to download something special.

The answer is → おめでとう (Congratulations)

(Highlight to see)

I hope this helped.

Bye!

tumblr_inline_og1mlj5Bup1toxdax_500.png

Bandai Japan has just launched an all new website for the 20th anniversary of Tamagotchi! It seems like Bandai is going all out for the 20th anniversary, not only are they releasing a 20th Anniversary M!X but they’re also hosting a bunch of festivities! First is the mystery, on the new 20th anniversary website there is a countdown to November 23rd, we are not told what will happen but are teased that something will happen!

tumblr_inline_og1mlk9Dvu1toxdax_500.png
This campaign is exclusive to younger fans, elementary school or younger. These young Tamagotchi fans will have to crack the answer to the posted quiz on the new anniversary website, if they get it right then they can take it to participating retail stores starting on November 23rd to claim their prize. The prize for answering the quiz correctly is a limited edition Tamagotchi calendar and a special 20th anniversary tote bag filled with Tamagotchi goodies! Learn more about this campaign here.

tumblr_inline_og1mlkE4Rw1toxdax_500.png
Tamagotchi M!X Station’s are also being updated on November 19th with limited edition items that can be downloaded right to your M!X! Don’t wait too long these items are limited and wont be around that long!

Sadly I don't live in japan and can't have access to a Mix Station... who knows if Bandai, one day, will remember to have customers from all over the world and not from Japan only...

As much as I'd like to take it out on Bandai I don't think they're entirely to blame here. People in other countries don't seem to respond well to Tamagotchi anymore. They're satisfied with those ridiculous virtual pet phone apps. I hate those things. I'd much rather have a dedicated handheld pet device that's always on than a stupid app on a phone. Those things never feel like a pet to me just a stupid video game. But sadly American Tama fans are in the minority. Too many people are satisfied with fake virtual pet app crap. We may never see a widely released American color Tama because of that trash.

You can do the same using a physical shell... an app will never replace a real tamagotchi imho
Whilst most on this site would agree with having an actual Tamagotchi (I most certainly do!) I can understand why some folk would prefer a mobile app version, less items to carry, can check on the go, for the older virtual pet fans who get embarrassed they can tend to their pet without anyone knowing better .

Times have changed and people prefer to use a device for a wide range of things as opposed to having several gadgets that have different functions.

An app wouldn't be so bad if it was a full blown color version instead of just the old pixel classics.

But, I don't want my phone or my smart watch being blown up with notifications from my pet. It would be cool if they made a tamagotchi that could transfer from phone to egg. :unsure:

I actually would love to know of any decent smartphone app virtual pet, I only have Cthulhu Virtual Pet and I think that's the best I've seen on my iphone.

I believe most people outside Japan don't even know tamagotchis still exist (no one I talk to knows), so there's no way to know if they'd be interested.

I actually would love to know of any decent smartphone app virtual pet, I only have Cthulhu Virtual Pet and I think that's the best I've seen on my iphone.

I believe most people outside Japan don't even know tamagotchis still exist (no one I talk to knows), so there's no way to know if they'd be interested.
Dude. One of my coworkers today saw my P's and said "I didn't know that Tamagotchi's were still a thing" I wish that there was some way to raise awareness of how cool Tamagotchis have become!

^^^ Very true. A while back I was at a cafe and set mine out on the table. The waitress saw it right away and was blown away that I still had one, and even more so when she saw it was in color. It's fun to share them and try to show they still exist.

Yeah, everyone at work seems mildly impressed that I have a color tamagotchi and that I'm currently on the 6th gen. XD

I think when they tried to re-introduce Tamagotchi's a few years back they would have had so much more succes if it would have been like a P's or ID L or something like it. A lot of people were really bummed out because of the quality of the Tamagotchi Friends. And indeed, people would have known then that Tamagotchi's had become so much nicer.

I probably won't buy the tamagotchi friends anyway. Back before I knew that they had color ones I saw the tamagotchi friends and thought "wow! nothing has changed, how boring." It just felt like my v4 was much better in design and it felt like they were beating a dead horse.

I buy all of the US releases, just because I like to collect at least two from each version. Plus I figure it has to help show Bandai that we don't want to be forgotten! haha.

Chtulhu virtual pet is way better then tamagotchi classic app imho

I buy all of the US releases, just because I like to collect at least two from each version. Plus I figure it has to help show Bandai that we don't want to be forgotten! haha.
They could've left the back ground in instead of having to stare into blank gray.

Chtulhu virtual pet is way better then tamagotchi classic app imho
Meh I haven't felt like trying that app since I've always had the real classic tamagotchi :p There was something called Kawaii Pet Megu that was kinda fun but they closed it.

I do prefer having it on a different device than on my phone too cause with all the things I do on my phone I end up forgetting about the games. It doesn't seem as something important being just an app with all the other apps. And as time passes apps close, you change your phone, etc. Tamagotchis stay ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back