How should I translate Japanese tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello people! So I am planning on getting a tamagotchi M!X for christmas! I have never had a Japanese tama before (actually only my second tama ever lol) and I was just wondering with you other people out there with Japanese tama how is it that you go about translating all the words? Like did you have to learn Japanese or maybe use google translate some how? Thanks!

There is a guy called mister blinky that makes what are called "english patches". However these are only available for the 4U and P's. He has not posted anything about the M!x. If he does make one he always posts the tutorials on his youtube account as well as his website. You can just google mister blinky or type in on youtube or google tamagotchi english patch. The easiest one to do is the 4U. For the patches you have to have special cell phones or computers. For the 4U I had to have a phone that had NFC. So I used my moms Samsung Galaxy because the iPhone does not have NFC. For the P's you have to have a device that uses infrared which is more difficult. If there will be any way to translate the mix to english mister blinky will post it. However, watching youtube tutorials will help. The icons are pretty much the same with the same contents. If there is something you dont know just press it and see what happens. Eventually you learn the order of things. Also, many times people will post english guides on the internet that lay everything out in japanese and english with pictures. I just ordered 2 mixes today and I also ordered the mix guide book. The guide book is in japanese but they always have helpful charts and pictures. What we need to do is make the english speaking world get on board with the tamagotchis again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back