Somebody stop me...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucitine

Reaction score
I recently got back into playing with tamagotchis! The last time I had one was the 4U+ that I got in Japan. I couldn't read it (didn't realize there'd be a helpful community online!) so I got bored with it pretty quickly and now I cant find it :(

So I bought myself a 20th Anniversary m!x and I absolutely love it!! I ended up getting my best friend interested in it, so I bought her one too and then bought myself a spacey one, since the versions are slightly different.

And then I went and researched all of the versions that I missed since I was a kid...

I now have a Tamagotchi P with 4 Deco Pierces on the way...

My wallet is crying now.

But I'm SUPER excited to be trying the P!! I'm trying really hard not to look at the ID L.

I need help!

I know the feeling... This time last year I had a Connexion Tama from when it originally came out and then an iD LE (a graduation present) which I'd been playing with for a year and a half (with a few months gap in the middle after I lost Agetchi; I had too much on at uni and I was a little heartbroken, to be honest!), when I thought 'I'll just buy a P's, so that I can unlock all of the characters on my iD LE'... Which became a P's and a pierce... Then two pierces... Then a second P's... And so on, until I ended up where I am now (fifteen Tamas, plus another for Christmas, nine pierces, four non-Tama virtual pets, twelve books/binders plus a bunch of custom accessories such as faceplates, etc.).

Life was simpler last Christmas!

I know the feeling... This time last year I had a Connexion Tama from when it originally came out and then an iD LE (a graduation present) which I'd been playing with for a year and a half (with a few months gap in the middle after I lost Agetchi; I had too much on at uni and I was a little heartbroken, to be honest!), when I thought 'I'll just buy a P's, so that I can unlock all of the characters on my iD LE'... Which became a P's and a pierce... Then two pierces... Then a second P's... And so on, until I ended up where I am now (fifteen Tamas, plus another for Christmas, nine pierces, four non-Tama virtual pets, twelve books/binders plus a bunch of custom accessories such as faceplates, etc.).

Life was simpler last Christmas!
I have to stop myself from looking at other Tamas or else I'm going to buy even more ><

I really want a guidebook for my Tamagotchi Mix but if I get one, then I need all of the other ones....and then it will just not end xD

So now I'm crocheting covers because I wanted to buy a cover and shipping is too pricey.

I'm trying to restrain myself from buying A Tamagotchi P's and several pierces.

I will probably cave in and order soon though....

I have to stop myself from looking at other Tamas or else I'm going to buy even more ><

I really want a guidebook for my Tamagotchi Mix but if I get one, then I need all of the other ones....and then it will just not end xD

So now I'm crocheting covers because I wanted to buy a cover and shipping is too pricey.
I didn't intend to start collecting the guide books; I bought a P's bundle (as I wanted another P' to connect to) and it came with a pierce I particularly wanted; it also happened to come with a lanyard, a pouch and the guide book. I found the guide book super useful, so I decided to get it for my iD L, too, but I couldn't find any information about the difference between the two... So I bought both so I could find out for myself. =P And then my iD L 15th Anni. came with the binder and by this point I realised I was going to get them all. I'm now only missing one book (TMGC+C; but I don't actually have a TMGC+C, hence why I don't have the book. Yet, anyway!) and one binder (the P's binder; other binders took preference as they are harder to find) and then I'll have all the books/binders for the colour Tamas. Oops. =/

(Still, the books are actually kind of worth it, particularly for the iD L, P's and 4U. I didn't find the M!X one as useful, and I certainly don't need the two different iD and iD L guide books, but, hey, I'm a collector. Binders are cute, but they're intended to be used as 'log books' or 'diaries' than guides, and I really feel that I'm missing out by not being able to read Japanese; whereas the books I can understand most of what I need from the images. Anyway, I'm babbling.)

I crocheted my own covers for the same reason! I need to make some more, actually. Not made any for my iD Ls or my P's. Trying to decide what colours to use! (And whether to add any embellishments such as ribbon or cats ears... =P ) What are yours like?

I didn't intend to start collecting the guide books; I bought a P's bundle (as I wanted another P' to connect to) and it came with a pierce I particularly wanted; it also happened to come with a lanyard, a pouch and the guide book. I found the guide book super useful, so I decided to get it for my iD L, too, but I couldn't find any information about the difference between the two... So I bought both so I could find out for myself. =P And then my iD L 15th Anni. came with the binder and by this point I realised I was going to get them all. I'm now only missing one book (TMGC+C; but I don't actually have a TMGC+C, hence why I don't have the book. Yet, anyway!) and one binder (the P's binder; other binders took preference as they are harder to find) and then I'll have all the books/binders for the colour Tamas. Oops. =/

(Still, the books are actually kind of worth it, particularly for the iD L, P's and 4U. I didn't find the M!X one as useful, and I certainly don't need the two different iD and iD L guide books, but, hey, I'm a collector. Binders are cute, but they're intended to be used as 'log books' or 'diaries' than guides, and I really feel that I'm missing out by not being able to read Japanese; whereas the books I can understand most of what I need from the images. Anyway, I'm babbling.)

I crocheted my own covers for the same reason! I need to make some more, actually. Not made any for my iD Ls or my P's. Trying to decide what colours to use! (And whether to add any embellishments such as ribbon or cats ears... =P ) What are yours like?
What's in the guidebook for the P that makes it useful? I really want a guidebook, but I held off on the Mix one because it seemed like info that I can just get online.

I was eyeing the binders! I thought it'd be a great way to hold all of the pages for the pierce but I was kind of like, I can just put it in a folder.

My cover is quite simple. I only just worked out how to crochet it (took me a whole day to figure out what the instructions were saying xD). I'm really satisfied with my second attempt though! I am planning on making my own charms to sew onto my cover.

(I cant figure out how to get my image to post, so heres a link: https://imgur.com/a/eZcn4)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought myself a 20th Anniversary m!x

I now have a Tamagotchi P with 4 Deco Pierces on the way...

My wallet is crying now.

But I'm SUPER excited to be trying the P!! I'm trying really hard not to look at the ID L.

I need help!
We all need help here I think :D

Haha I'm in the same boat! I have the iD L and the 4U+ (both Anniversary edition) sitting in my shopping cart right now because I don't want to spend so much!

Haha I'm in the same boat! I have the iD L and the 4U+ (both Anniversary edition) sitting in my shopping cart right now because I don't want to spend so much!
Oh noo. Im still deciding whether or not to get a 4U+ because I threw mine away T_T I have NO idea why I did that!!

But I also need to buy an IRDA..which, I cant seem to find anywhere for less than $50........

What's in the guidebook for the P that makes it useful? I really want a guidebook, but I held off on the Mix one because it seemed like info that I can just get online.

I was eyeing the binders! I thought it'd be a great way to hold all of the pages for the pierce but I was kind of like, I can just put it in a folder.

My cover is quite simple. I only just worked out how to crochet it (took me a whole day to figure out what the instructions were saying xD). I'm really satisfied with my second attempt though! I am planning on making my own charms to sew onto my cover.

(I cant figure out how to get my image to post, so heres a link: https://imgur.com/a/eZcn4)
Most of the information in the guide books is online, but I like having it in book form. I can just pop it in my bag, or keep it on the sofa and it's just there when I need it! Nearly all of the guide books have the same sort of information; growth chart, character sheets (which will have their favourite/least liked items, birthday, etc.) and an item list at the back saying what stats the in built items have (e.g., a certain food will fill up two on the hunger meter, a certain toy will fill up one or three on the happiness meter).

I was originally going to store my pierce papers in my Filofax (as I printed off growth charts to keep in there), but seeing as I'm now collecting the binders, well, in there they go!

I like the colours on your cover! Kind of reminds me of the Earth. ^_^ I think I might make some more tongiht; one for my P's and one for my iD L 5th Anni.

Ahh, I have the Anniversary editions of both! I think the Anniversary 4U+ is one of the nicest looking modern Tamas, and I just adore my Anniversary iD L (I'll be running Rednosetchi for Christmas!) Which colours will you go for if you do buy them? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back