USB irda dongles compatibility with Win 10?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucitine

Reaction score
I apologize if this is an annoying question that comes up a lot.

I have been doing a lot of digging into transferring data to Tamagotchi P's using infrared devices. Problem is, it's hard to find anything with an infrared capability.

I'm trying to hold off on buying a phone and trying to work with a dongle.

Does anyone know if there's a compatible one with Windows 10?

Unfortunately, i do not. What i do know is that phones are much more reliable and work better than the usb irda devices, and i also believe that quite a few of us have this phone on ebay that works pretty well with the irda data transferring and it is the same price as a usb you can find on ebay. (15$ USD) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Palm-Treo-650-Verizon-Cell-Phone-PDA-video-camera-bluetooth-keyboard-touchscreen-/400844349221?hash=item5d542f5f25:g:DVkAAOSwiCRUdk4L Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for and you are dead-set on a usb, i just know of this and that it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm that really, getting a cheap old phone (even broken) works best and is often cheaper than an USB dongle. And it doesn't need to be compatible with anything.

I think someone has even used their old camera to transfer stuff to their tamas?

Be careful when buying older USB to IrDA dongles for use with Windows 7 or later. My old one that worked great with Windows XP just about completely bricked my Windows 8 computer and I could barely even get it into Safe Mode to delete the driver. Turns out it was recognizing the dongle as a bad extra part added to the motherboard. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back