Pokemon Sun/Moon Competitive Teams

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asmexus

Reaction score
Hey there, I was just wondering if anyone plays Pokemon competitively?

I like training my pokemon competitively in-game and I play some on Pokemon Showdown! I wouldn't consider myself a very good player, but I'm learning all I can about the metagame right now.

I've made a pre-bank team with just the Alola-dex that's worked out pretty decently for me.

Lycanroc (midday)- basically a rock setter and suicide lead

Celesteela- stall wall

Toxapex- stall and toxic spikes setter, haze for opponents setting up

Tsareena- rapid spinner

Mimikyu- physical sweeper

Garchomp- scarfed for max speed, threatens electric types

Now that Pokemon bank is out however, I'll need to revise my team or make a new one.

I haven't played long, but I think I know a bit. 15/45 wins in the Alola Friendly, masters division.

Pokemon outside of Alola may not be tournament legal. The upcoming 2017 International only allows the Alola Dex. Keep that team.

Go here: https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/

This site is a team planner. You can put in your team, and it shows their matchups (as in what they're weak, strong, and immune to)

According to the site, your team is fairly balanced. No major weaknesses, lots of resistance.

My two cents on your team.

Lycanroc: Spikes, cool. It has great speed. The most used Pokemon you can't hit first are Tapu Koko and Pheromosa. I'd dump 252 EVs in its attack, it could use it.

Celesteela: Haven't quite took this one out. Very fine choice. You don't see too many fire attacks, sans some Garchomps. Tapu Koko again being a problem.

Toxapex: Ooh, gotta try it myself. Give it 252 HP EVs and tack on some Leftovers.

Tsareena: Mmm, if you really need Rapid Spin. I'd pick something else, but that's just me...

Mimikyu: This thing kicked me pretty hard. Don't change it.

Garchomp: I'd Dragon Claw instead of Dragon Rush, that window of accuracy is too great IMO. Nice coverage, but watch out for Ultra Beasts, they can outrun you.

Overall, great! I'd hate to encounter you. ;)

hey thanks for the feedback on my team!

I was surprised that it had decent synergy despite me throwing it together kind of haphazardly lol.

Tsareena was kind of a tack on to the team, but it isn't too bad. I run sitrus berry on it so it gets to do a little more than it would normally.

I know that electric types are a tad threatening on this team, but it can be worked around. I've got that immunity with garchomp but celesteela and toxapex suffer a bit against things like Magnezone.

I'm excited to come up with more teams in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back