Infrared Issues with P's and Palm Treo 700w

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyaners

Reaction score
Hello! I have been lurking these forums for a while now for some sort of answer, but everything I've tried seems to not be effective.

My Palm Treo used to be able to detect my tama though the beam option, but after a single successful download, fails to even detect the tama at all.

I tried adjusting the lighting through moving rooms and placing it in different places (both day and night), replacing the batteries on the tama, and having the phone fully charged, but they cannot detect each other anymore.

It is fairly upsetting because I purchased the phone solely for getting downloads into my tama, and took the time to place many downloads into the phone for it to not work anymore.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

I will probably not be of much help with this issue, but have you tried holding them closer together or farther apart? Sometimes I have to hold the phone inches away from the tamagotchi for it to work.

Also, what are you trying to download? Maybe the download file itself is the issue?

Thank you for the response! Yes I have tried distancing the phone, angling the ports, and putting them as close to each other as possible, but still nothing :c

I am trying to download the wallpaper called "lovely tamatomo"

I was considering just purchasing another phone because the Nokia 2630i in Mr.Blinky's videos seems to work flawlessly. But if there are other methods I should try in order to get mine to work that'd be great ; v ;

After a whole week of struggling I finally got the Palm to work with my P's! I hope this helps anyone out, but I simply had to open the back and reset the phone in order to get the phone to detect it again. (how silly of me not to try that in the first place haha, but oh well ^^)

Glad you got it working! I was gonna say that maybe it was the version of the phone but I think all Palm Treos work.

Btw, you can edit posts within 24 hrs of posting them so you don't have to post 3 times... just a tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back