Will the P's pierces lose value due to vdp?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamiko

Reaction score
With Mister Blilnky's new VDP+ do you think that the physical pierces will lose value? The only one out currently is the sanrio pierce for the P's but, it's completely in English. I'm not trying to complain because the physical pierce is like 90$ and in Japanese but I have been wanting to play with it for like, forever and I can completely read everything. But do you think because we can download the VDP+ for free that people will stop buying the pierces?

https://mrblinky.net/tama/vdp/

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Let me know your thoughts.

Let me know your thoughts.

I don't think they'll lose value altogether. I mean, people still own angelgotchis and p1's in spite of there existing an app for it. I guess it'll come down to whoever wants to own the pierce physically as a collection piece.

It will probably end up being a mixed bag. Being an older product, the P's has probably already lost enough sales in Bandai's eyes that whatever depreciation there is from the Download won't hurt it. Most likely the people who would be downloading this are those who can't afford to pay $90 for a mini-game add-on anyways. I doubt it will effect the market much if at all- besides perhaps causing a slight lowering in price of the physical unit over time.

I just wanted to say that I' m new to tama collecting and playing and that I'd still prefer to own the physical pierce itself because I think its just nicer to know I took my time saving the money. Also I think they're cute :)

I have bought pierces that are pure decoration due to the vdps (a bear, a bee, and a rabbit-bear thing). And a lot of people would prefer a free download than to pay for a physical copy.

I don't have an infrared device so I can't use virtual deco pierces. Moeover though, I just prefer to have official tamagotchi things. While the pierces aren't high priority for me and I already have a lot of other things to spend money on, I do think it's interesting but still don't have a way to use it, and if I did possibly I can't be bothered to xD And would still prefer to use official things. I've never completed a tamagotchi (unlocked everything to unlock). Not even close. So I think I still have lots of things to do in them as it is.
This is just my personal opinion.

I don't think it will impact it that much. I'm still personally getting the Pierces when I can as the VDP's can only be stored for so long. Using the infrared dongle to patch my P's into English took a while and was fiddly. I feel like having a Pierce I can simply take on and off will be a lot easier for me.

On top of that they look pretty. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back