First time buying through an international online service

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popgotchi

Reaction score
I've been looking to get this 20th Anniversary M!X on eBay. I live in New Zealand and I don't have a PayPal account.

If I register for a PayPal account (through parents), what should I know? I quickly skimmed through this information. Would buying a Tamagotchi be considered as a goods and services purchase payment? Also there's the international payment fees that I would need to worry about.

How would I put money into the PayPal account, and will there be an interest charged to my balance?

Basically, I need a step by step guide on how to use PayPal to buy a Tamagotchi internationally that will get shipped to NZ :huh:

Sign up for PayPal using an email account link a bank account/credit card, go to eBay listing, fill out everything and click pay with PayPal and log in with email and password and pay. It's pretty easy as long as you have an email and card, and yes, that shipping will ship to NZ

Hayden sums it up well. There's no fee for transactions from what I know unless you're sending money to someone through PayPal. I definitely recommend linking a bank card to PayPal because it's simple to just walk over to a bank and deposit cash, haha

Hayden sums it up well. There's no fee for transactions from what I know unless you're sending money to someone through PayPal. I definitely recommend linking a bank card to PayPal because it's simple to just walk over to a bank and deposit cash, haha
But is there a catch for just having a PayPal account? Like a monthly charge?

Or do you input the amount of money you want to put into the account through the credit card?

There's no fee, monthly either. Basically, what I do is deposit money into my bank account. Then, I enter the card details into PayPal and link my account to it. That way, the money is taken directly from my card instead of adding it to the PayPal balance. I always thought PayPal balance was just for when receiving money from someone else, through PayPal.

There's no fee, monthly either. Basically, what I do is deposit money into my bank account. Then, I enter the card details into PayPal and link my account to it. That way, the money is taken directly from my card instead of adding it to the PayPal balance. I always thought PayPal balance was just for when receiving money from someone else, through PayPal.
Turns out that I could have just paid for the Tamagotchi on eBay with a credit card. Anyways, thank you for the info because I still needed to know the answers to the questions for future reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back