Mesutchi and Osutchi Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fida

Reaction score
It's been close to two years since I had a Tama running. I'm always coming back to them...and always logging. It feels too weird to run a Tama and not log about it, I don't know why. :p

About a month ago, I felt like it was time to hatch again. Deciding which one to hatch took a few weeks. I'm very busy these days, between work and getting my college degree, so it would have to be a low-maintenance pet. That was just as well - I honestly can't say I care for the newer versions very much, there are just too many features that make it feel more like a video game than a virtual pet. I almost decided on my Angel, but they can be a little TOO low-maintenance...

In the end, I decided to buy a pair of Mesutchi and Osutchi online. I've run these types of Tamas before, and they have just enough features so as not to be overwhelming or boring. The pair I have is translucent orange and green. Here's an image I found online of the same shell designs. The orange is the Mesutchi (girl) and the green is the Osutchi (boy).

Here's a quick rundown of what these Tamas are like, so those who don't have a pair can understand my log. If you're familiar with Mesutchi and Osutchi, feel free to skip all the red text!

Mesutchi and Osutchi are a bit of a cross between the early Connection Tamas and the original 1997 Tamas. You run a pair and they grow up separately, then when they're old enough you can mate them and raise the next generation. These Tamas are entirely in Japanese and have never been released in English.

Most of the icons function the same as other Tamas. The first is the health meter, which has screens for Hungry hearts, Happy hearts, Discipline, and Age/Weight. Next icon is food (Meal or Snack). Third is game - there's just one game where you guess which flag they're going to be holding up by pressing A or B. Fourth is toilet, to flush the screen.

The fifth icon is discipline, which is almost the same as any other Tamas. On Tamagotchi Ancestors (like these two), one discipline fills up 25% of the bar. The unique thing about Mesutchi and Osutchi is they will call for discipline many more times than you need to fill up the bar, so you may be able to discipline them to 150-200% of the bar even though it won't show on the health meter.

Next icons are medicine and lights, they work the same as any other Tama.

After this is TMP Meter. This has two screens - one has the letters "TMP" and one crown on it. It stands for Tamagotchi Mating Power and determines which characters you can get. This is based partly on generation and partly on how good your caretaking is (it can be between 1-4 crowns). The second screen shows the generation number.

The last icon is to mate them. This only works when the Tamas are adults, and there is no other time you can connect them. If they're not ready, they just shake their heads no.

Now that that's done, here's a bit on what's happened with my Tamagotchi pair so far. :)

I hatched them just before 9am on Monday the 3rd. After five minutes in the egg stage, they hatched into Kuritchi - both of them look exactly the same in this stage. Each Mesutchi/Osutchi character has a little description translated from Japanese, so I'll be including those here.

"One minute he's laughing, and the next, he's throwing a temper tantrum! Kuritchi ("Chestnut") sure is a moody guy! His little yellow body may turn red with rage, but his sunny side and angry side just show his wide range of emotion."

They spent a little over an hour in this stage, needing lots of attention, and then both changed into the child stage - Mohitamatchi.

"This laid-back guy doesn't worry about the little things in life. His purple mohawk-style hair-do may look cool, but when he gets mad, all his hair stands on end!"

This character is probably familiar to most people who have run certain Connection versions. A lot of characters from Mesutchi/Osutchi were recycled to use in V3 and later versions, but what's interesting is the animations are completely different. Everything from the idle animation, to eating, to playing the game...it's completely unlike the Connection version of the character. That's enough variety to keep me happy! :)

I've been giving them both average to good care. Right now I'm treating the Osutchi a little worse than the Mesutchi, not really wanting a matched set of characters. I will be happy with whatever I get though. Today they're 2 years old (neither have been paused, so the age is accurate). Mesutchi is 26 lbs, while Osutchi is 29. They both called for discipline at least six times (it might have been more, I'm not sure whether I missed a call or not). I disciplined Mesutchi four times, to 100%. Osutchi has been disciplined twice, to 50%.

They should be changing later today. Both of them got sick as I was typing this, which usually means they'll be changing into the next stage soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
They both changed about an hour after my last log. Even though I had been trying to treat them differently, I got the good-care teens.

Osutchi became Obotchi. Again, same character as on V3, but very different animations. :)

"A fashionable little gentleman who spends all his time worrying about the little curl in the middle of his forehead. He's really quite a mischievous little guy, but in front of the 'grown-ups' he acts like a well-behaved little 'Student Council President'-type."

Mesutchi became Ojotchi, who looks almost exactly like Obotchi, but with a bow in her hair.

"She may seem well-mannered and charming, but she's still at that mischievous stage, so go easy on her! She thinks of herself as a proper little lady, however, so if you don't treat her as such, she might get upset and sulk!"

Since they changed, I've been trying to treat them both really badly. I really don't want the best characters on the chart, because they're Pyonkotchi and Pyonchitchi, and I used to get those characters constantly on the V3 and V4. :p I'd be happy with any of the other adults, though. There are four different TMP 1 adults for each Tama.

They're both sulking right now because I'm not treating them well. (They kind of sink into the corner and do an "angry" animation, poor kids.) Since changing into teenagers, they have called three more times for discipline and I ignored all three calls.

Current stats: both are 3 years old and 0% discipline (it went down to 0 when they changed). Mesutchi is 39 lbs and Osutchi is 50 lbs. They now sleep from 9pm to 9am, unlike Mohitamatchi who slept from 8pm to 9am.

Generation one has reached adulthood!

It's been a mostly quiet couple of days. I wasn't sure who I'd get, because I've been treating them badly, but not too badly. Yesterday Osutchi reached 99 lbs, and while on most Tamas this doesn't really mean anything, these two have a unique feature. He turned into Debutchi - a big puffy face filling the entire screen!

In this state it's important to get the weight down pretty quickly. You see, as Debutchi, the only functions you can access are the health meter and game. Even though they keep dropping hungry hearts, you can't feed them or anything. I played the game with him a bunch, and once he was down to 89 lbs he turned back into Obotchi. I spent a fair amount of time last night playing the game with both of them to try and get the weight down.

Anyway, around 10:30 this morning Mesutchi got sick. Osutchi followed suit about half an hour later. They didn't change until about 12:45, but when they did, they became a pair of matching adults!

Osutchi became Bunbutchi.

"He's a little shy and bashful, so even if he wants to say 'I love you' to that special girl that he's got a crush on, he can't quite work up the courage to do so. Sometimes, he somehow manages to end up fighting with her, even if he doesn't really want to... If only he could learn to be truer to his feelings!"

Mesutchi became Bunkotchi.

"She tells all her friends that she doesn't need a boyfriend, but in reality she's really quite curious! She hopes someday to have a relationship with a handsome, wonderful guy that she can brag about to all her friends."

These two are the characters on the packaging of Mesu and Osu. :) Out of 4 adults, they're the 3rd down on the growth chart. I think they're awfully cute.

Stats: 5 years old, 50% discipline (I didn't give them that, they got it when they changed). Mesutchi is 75 lbs, Osutchi is 45. They aren't ready to mate yet, but should be either tomorrow or Monday.

One interesting observation from yesterday...I looked at Osutchi yesterday afternoon and he was calling for discipline! I don't remember ever having an adult Tama call for discipline. Later on they both called again, bringing Osutchi's meter to 100% and Mesutchi's to 75%. That was new for me. I wonder if it's because I skipped so many disciplines with them growing up, or because they're unhealthy adults.

Anyway, today when they got up they were ready to mate. When I select the mating icon, they bounce around the screen instead of shaking their heads...pretty cute. Unfortunately, the big day will have to wait. I've been trying to connect them, and whether it's the Tamas or something else, the connection keeps failing. :(

I posted in the help forum, and I've been trying a few different things, but for right now they are on pause, waiting until I have a solution. Hopefully I'll be able to update with good news soon.

Generation two has almost begun!

After a bit of trial and error, I was able to get the two to connect. I removed the tops and connected the two eggs, then selected the mating icon. The two began to dance around the screen to show they were ready. I pressed B on each Tama, and they went still, then slid off the screen and slid back on with "OK" next to them. I pressed B again and the screen blacked out for a few seconds. When the lights came back on, they were bouncing around with the happy sun next to them.

The bouncing got faster and faster until Mesutchi stopped, and a few short moments later, two babies were born. They all did a happy dance and the boy was sent over to Osutchi's side. At this point the process was over. I disconnected the eggs and put the tops back on.

It's a very cute animation. Here's a video (not mine) for those who are curious but may not have access to a pair. ^_^

The babies are Tsubutchi. They both look exactly like the V4 girl babies (even though they're two different genders). At this point, things behave much like the Connection Tamas. Parent and child are together on the screen and I'm taking care of both of them for now. In a few days, I'll be left with the babies, and can begin raising generation 2.

They go to bed at 10pm now, and wake up at 9am.

Not much new in the last few days. I was expecting the parents to leave last night, but they stuck around, so tonight will probably be the night they depart.

One thing I've noticed: the babies have gotten sick multiple times a day, every day. Sometimes it seems to be tied to poop schedule, but sometimes it's completely random. I have no idea why this is happening, since I never let them get empty on hearts and the adults never get sick. It's just the babies, and it takes two shots to cure them every time. Weird.

Last night at midnight I watched Bunbutchi and Bunkotchi get out of bed and stand next to their children for several minutes. They just stood there doing their usual animation for about 5 minutes...then at 12:05 they vanished off the screen, leaving the sleeping babies behind. The Tsubutchi woke up at 9am this morning with all hearts empty.

"No matter what happens, this laid-back guy never worries or panics. He may look like a tiny little speck, but he's strong enough to lift the heaviest of objects without even breaking into a sweat!"

I was expecting the usual needy baby stage followed by changing an hour later, but that's not what happened. It's almost 11:30 right now and they're still in the baby stage. It's been a while since I ran Mesu/Osu, so I don't remember what to expect. At least they're not as needy as regular baby Tamas. They need some food and a game every hour or so.

Oh yes - they were 2 years old when they woke up this morning. TMP has changed to two crowns, and the food they eat is different as well.

Yesterday was very busy, and my Tamas were on pause for most of it. I decided not to advance the time, so this two days' worth of real time has just been one day to them.

They spent a full day in the baby stage. During this time I disciplined them to 75%. Soon after waking yesterday, they changed into the child stage, Hyuruchi.

"Hyuruchi is a strange little guy who just sort of sneaks up on you and sits there, smiling and not doing anything in particular. If you find him close to you, be kind to him. If you tell him that he's not very noticeable, he might be hurt!"

They both look exactly the same in this stage. They're really cute. :) I have disciplined them twice more so far and am taking good care of them both.

Stats today: 3 years old, 125% discipline, Osutchi is 30 lbs and Mesutchi is 25. The reason for the weight differences is sometimes I'm playing the game with both of them together, and the animations aren't perfectly in sync, so I win a game with one Tama and not the other. Then I need to play extra games with the one who did not win in order to fill those happy hearts, so one ends up having a lower weight than the other.

A few days' worth of events to catch up on here...

4/17 was a quiet day where not much happened. I disciplined the pair to 150%, and otherwise there wasn't anything noteworthy to report.

4/18 began with them getting sick early in the morning, in preparation to change. They changed into the teen stage in early afternoon. Osutchi became Hikotchi.

"Hikochi is very proud of how quickly he can speed around using the jet flames that shoot out of his feet. Whether chatting with someone or just having fun, he always bursts in and out of the action; as a result he often jumps to the wrong conclusions and makes mistakes."

Mesutchi became UFO-tchi. (This character is on newer Tama versions, too, but on Mesutchi, she doesn't have the black stripe under the first "ring" around her waist. Small but interesting difference.)

"A flying tomboy who's always full of energy and pep. Sometimes she flies too high and hits her head on the ceiling. People call her a silly klutz, but she doesn't seem to mind."

Their discipline went down to 25% when they changed, and they called three times for discipline that day. So I ended up disciplining them both to 100% just over the course of yesterday. Since then, they haven't called for any more.

As for today, 4/19, things have been quiet again. They're pretty low-maintenance, and should change into their adult forms in the next day or two. They're sleeping now, 6 years old, 100% discipline, Mesutchi at 41 lbs and Osutchi at 46. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Yesterday I was excitedly waiting on the pair to get sick so I'd know they were about to change. As it turns out, when I checked on them around 11am, they had gotten sick and changed pretty much immediately after. I cured them both of their illness and got to playing with the newly-adult Tamas.

Osutchi became Hiratchi.

"A playboy and social butterfly who floats around and chases after girls. He always says "Love's gotta have a little spice to it" and is constantly looking for a new love."

Mesutchi became Piratchi.

"When this tam falls in love, she falls hard!!! No matter when or where she is, she can't stop thinking and worrying about him, so she'll follow the guy around all day long. But if she's too persistent and pushy, he might not like her anymore!"

They are both really cute, especially when they win a game and get happy! Since changing into adults, they have called for discipline twice more, bringing them to 150%. They are 9 years old today and their weight is in the 40s.

Today they're ready to mate, but I'm putting it off...I really like these characters, and would like to keep them around for an extra day before marrying them to reach the next generation. I will go ahead and mate them tomorrow, i think.

Latest posts

Back