Long-Lived Oldies Hatch IV

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UMR

Reaction score
Long-Lived Oldies Hatch IV

The first Long-Lived Oldies Hatch started because of a discussion about whether Oldies can die of old age or not, I thought it might be fun to have a fourth hatch where we include all of the Tamagotchi Versions that can have Oldies and see how long we can keep them alive as Oldies. The oldest tamagotchi on a connection version died at 145, maybe we can reach beyond that! But if not, at least we've had the experience of bonding with a Tama over an extended period of time.

This could get a bit repetetive, as far as updates go, but we will have to see how it goes after we reach Oldie stage. If you are doing the Hatch try to log once a week check in to say they're still alive and I think that's probably a good idea even after the Oldie stage is reached (unless you want to post more -- go for it).

Open to: Any Connection version that has Oldies.

I will be using a V3.

I suggest we start Today or tomorrow, but I am open to other suggestions! And joining late is fine because this will be a very long Hatch.

If your tama dies then feel free to start over and keep logging!

I hope one of us will break 145!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as some advice, you should probably delay the start date of your hatch because other members wont have enough notice (some members live in different time zones, thus the dates are different while others might not check TamaTalk regularly, thus this will pass them by). I do see that you have made up for that with advice for weekly logging and encouraging late joiners, but then people will probably just jump into the group hatch log and skip this thread altogether. I'd advise you to delay the group hatch date only to collect more people, since I imagine people are more willing to join something at the start then in the middle.

Now as for myself, I don't have an active tama to join this hatch (both are being logged in the Easter hatch) and I'm not sure if I have patience for the oldie stage (got it quite a few times before and also I have a long-living Sunnytchi I'm not ready to give up). But if I had another tama I might feel convinced to try joining, after all logging with someone else is more enjoyable.

Okay, thank you for the advice. How about on Monday 1, May. Of course, late entries are welcome. Please say if you are going to do the hatch, and include which tamagotchi you are going to hatch. The more, the merrier!

I would love to join! I am not quite sure yet what I will be hatching I am leaning towards my Keitai right now (so probably my Keitai or a V3) We can do this! (Is there a rule against pausing for say big life things like a conference or my thesis defense or moving? Cuse I may need to break said rule if it is a thing)

I would love to join! I am not quite sure yet what I will be hatching I am leaning towards my Keitai right now (so probably my Keitai or a V3) We can do this! (Is there a rule against pausing for say big life things like a conference or my thesis defense or moving? Cuse I may need to break said rule if it is a thing)
Oh my gosh! Yay! Thank you doing this with me! It's not really a group Hatch without without a group!

And I have no idea, but the record was set with no pausing and no changing the time. Some people in the previous Long-Lived Oldies Hatches changed the time, but I don't know if any of them paused. I'll try to find out.

Okay, thank you for the advice. How about on Monday 1, May. Of course, late entries are welcome. Please say if you are going to do the hatch, and include which tamagotchi you are going to hatch. The more, the merrier!

Well, I was thinking a little bit more such as May 8th (a minimum week before the event is good). Also, it would be good to have some promotion such as in your signature (that's how I learned about the Easter hatch) and making a status update (Rorys_Tamas already done that, but I'd advise you also do one on the day the hatch happens). Other than that, its just waiting to see what happens.

Good luck to you and your future loggers!

Well, I was thinking a little bit more such as May 8th (a minimum week before the event is good). Also, it would be good to have some promotion such as in your signature (that's how I learned about the Easter hatch) and making a status update (Rorys_Tamas already done that, but I'd advise you also do one on the day the hatch happens). Other than that, its just waiting to see what happens.

Good luck to you and your future loggers!
I was thinking that hatch can start on May 1st and keep going from there. That way, people who are waiting for a tamagotchi in the mail, or for some reason can't start their tamagotchi on that day, can hatch whenever they have time. And what's a signature? (I know what a signature on paper is, but I don't understand what it is on tamatalk). And thank you Rorys_Tamas for putting the hatch out there!

I've broken 145 on one of my V3s already, so I certainly won't be using a Connection model again. I think it might actually be interesting to join with my +Color, the only colour model I know of that has oldies. I'm not 100% sure yet, so this is still a maybe but it might be cool if I do have the time.

EDIT: aw nevermind, I missed the part in the first post that specified it had to be a connection! (Reading comprehension = fail xD)

I've broken 145 on one of my V3s already, so I certainly won't be using a Connection model again. I think it might actually be interesting to join with my +Color, the only colour model I know of that has oldies. I'm not 100% sure yet, so this is still a maybe but it might be cool if I do have the time.
EDIT: aw nevermind, I missed the part in the first post that specified it had to be a connection! (Reading comprehension = fail xD)
Okay, what is the current record then? I think it's 155. Thanks! We'd be happy to have another person!

Oh, I just remembered that the hatch is for any connection version with oldies. Sorry, can you join with a connection version instead of your +Color?

The hatch starts tomorrow. There is no particular time because the different time zones.

Anyone is welcome to join late, or if your in the hatch and you tama dies then you can start over and keep going.

Participants: Tamagotchi Toy:

UMR (me). V3

Rorys_Tamas Keitai or V3

Anyone else want to join? Thank you!

I may join at a later date. Make sure to make a seperate thread in the group hatch logs! ;)
Okay, great! Do we have to separate it to another thread? I was thinking we can just post them here. After all, were only posting once a week (more is welcome). I am going to make a separate log about my tamagotchi because I hope to post every day, but I'll post in this group Hatch log every week or more. If that makes any sense.

The group Hatch starts today! We can log our tamas here, or I can make a separate thread, should I make a separate thread or should we just log here? I hope to hatch today if my v3 comes in the mail, and thank you Rorys_Tamas for doing a lot of publicity for the Hatch! Happy Hatching everyone!

My v3 didn't come in, so I can't hatch today. Should I start another thread in group Hatch logs or should we just log here?

I'd like to join! It's the day of the hatch for me right now so I'd love to start one up later today. ^_^ I'm going to use my V4 because it's one of my favorite versions and I just love the characters on it.

I'd like to join! It's the day of the hatch for me right now so I'd love to start one up later today. ^_^ I'm going to use my V4 because it's one of my favorite versions and I just love the characters on it.
Okay! Thank you for joining the Hatch! And, do you want to log here, or should I make a separate thread? Happy hatching!

Okay! Thank you for joining the Hatch! And, do you want to log here, or should I make a separate thread? Happy hatching!
It is customary to make a separate thread in Group Hatch Logs because it gets straight to the relevant logging. Also, it makes it easier to count page views and you wont have people asking to join in the middle of logging (I don't think you'll have that problem since you clearly stated anyone can join later). If you do make another log, it would be good to have an introductory sentence, mention those who signed up, and also state again late joiners are welcomed. I'd also recommend mentioning back in this thread about the Group Hatch Log thread, if you do choose to create it.

I look forward to reading the logs you guys write ^_^

I think an actual log thread with the other logs would be better! I will be logging all about my keitai later (after he goes to bed so everything is up to date!) Spoilers I hatched a boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back