Ice Blue Tamagotchi P2

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how common/uncommon the P2 tamagotchi in ice blue is? I bought one off of eBay, brand new in the box, never used. I really want to take the battery tag out of it and run it and buy another for display later on, but if it's an uncommon color then I'll be more hesitant to do so.

Here is a picture for reference. It's a clear light aquamarine color with silvery-blue buttons.

s-l225.jpg

I found that shell design on Project TamaShell (may or may not prove its rarity) and after doing a search on Ebay under both "clear tamagotchi" and "transparent tamagotchi", I didn't find another version of it selling. In my past browsing of Ebay I haven't seen that shell before and it seems that the similar clear blue P1 with yellow buttons is more common. I did another search, this time under the sold listings, and found 4 matching models (somebody labeled it as "extremely rare" but everything they've sold was labeled that). That was on the Canadian Ebay and I did go over to the US Ebay and do the same searches (it seems things are cross-listed). I found 4 models again in the sold listings, but I recognized some so they were probably cross-listed on both Ebays.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this and a brief search on the forum didn't bring up any guide for rarity (if there even is one). I know for a fact that special edition shells are definitely rare and have found by this website that the clear pink clock face shell and white with pastel swirls are rare. But, if you plan to buy another of the shell you have, I imagine you'll have to wait awhile, and in that regard you could deem the shell "rare". Personally, I feel that clear shells are rarer than the standard solid shells.

I found that shell design on Project TamaShell (may or may not prove its rarity) and after doing a search on Ebay under both "clear tamagotchi" and "transparent tamagotchi", I didn't find another version of it selling. In my past browsing of Ebay I haven't seen that shell before and it seems that the similar clear blue P1 with yellow buttons is more common. I did another search, this time under the sold listings, and found 4 matching models (somebody labeled it as "extremely rare" but everything they've sold was labeled that). That was on the Canadian Ebay and I did go over to the US Ebay and do the same searches (it seems things are cross-listed). I found 4 models again in the sold listings, but I recognized some so they were probably cross-listed on both Ebays.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret this and a brief search on the forum didn't bring up any guide for rarity (if there even is one). I know for a fact that special edition shells are definitely rare and have found by this website that the clear pink clock face shell and white with pastel swirls are rare. But, if you plan to buy another of the shell you have, I imagine you'll have to wait awhile, and in that regard you could deem the shell "rare". Personally, I feel that clear shells are rarer than the standard solid shells.
Wow! You practically sound like a Tamagotchi sleuth! Haha, I am very familiar with what is on the US ebay, but I didn't even think to try the Canadian one.

I'm really glad I purchased it then. When I saw the design on the Project Tamashell website I fell in love with it and found it on Ebay only just two days after and decided to buy it. Only one other person bid on it so I thought it must not be very uncommon.

Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into your research on my behalf.

Oh, thank you ^_^ I was delayed in responding to this but I wanted to say that the little comment actually made my day and sorta kicked me out of my slump.

Yeah, it seems like allot of things are cross-listed on Ebay and also prioritized for one country, but chances are your US dollars would go along way (the exchange rate bugs me, but oh well). Additionally, it appears shipping to Canada and also the US goes in pairs, so even though it is the Canadian website you can still use it (reminds me how the US website thinks I live in New Zealand XD) I remember I found listings on the Canadian Ebay that wouldn't actually ship to Canada, which was rather odd.

Your welcome, it was a pleasure ^_^

Oh, thank you ^_^ I was delayed in responding to this but I wanted to say that the little comment actually made my day and sorta kicked me out of my slump.

Yeah, it seems like allot of things are cross-listed on Ebay and also prioritized for one country, but chances are your US dollars would go along way (the exchange rate bugs me, but oh well). Additionally, it appears shipping to Canada and also the US goes in pairs, so even though it is the Canadian website you can still use it (reminds me how the US website thinks I live in New Zealand XD) I remember I found listings on the Canadian Ebay that wouldn't actually ship to Canada, which was rather odd.

Your welcome, it was a pleasure ^_^
I'm always happy when I can brighten someone's day, so I'm glad that I said it. :wub:

That's interesting. Who knows how ebay really works, it seems like a bunch of nonsense to me for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back