Furby Connect questions!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfoutlaw

Reaction score
Okay, so I got a Furby Connect today. I bought this for half the retail price on an Amazon Warehouse Deal. As I understood it was used but almost-new condition. Like, it's supposed to just have "slightly damaged packaging" and "minor cosmetic imperfection(s)"...But I can't find a single thing wrong when it comes to the outside appearance.

I'm meaning to make a toy review on this one for my country's parents, but before I do - as this came to me used/more or less damaged - I'd really like to know if this guy is actually working correctly...

Questions:

- Is he supposed to recognise any music played or just songs from the Connect World App? I think his comments became more music and dance related when I played Michael Jackson's songs for him but I'm not sure because he didn't actually begin to dance to the beat of the songs or really move around much at all. Just mostly babbled about dancing, moves and music.

- Also, what is "talking to furby" supposed to do here? As, unlike the EmotoTronic Furby from 2005, this one can't actually understand your words. So whty talk to him at all?

- I'm not supposed to feed him every time he claims to be starving? Because he's been complaining about terrible hunger a lot and I've always fed him with my finger, but now he's throwing up a lot, sneezing a lot, and actually mentioned something about being sick and not feeling well...And I'm guessing I can't help him without the App. :(

- So...99% of the play value and function comes from the Connect World App?

(Which I can't use as it's not available in my country, for some crazy reason, so the review will have to wait. The two previous 2010s' furbies' apps are available so I'm hopeful this one's will be too.)

Last edited by a moderator:
He only recognizes the music in the app. Depending how you play with him affects his interests, which might be why he became more music focused afterwards. For an example, I enjoyed petting my Connect which made him generally more affectionate. But that is weird that he didn't dance along! The dancing can be buggy sometimes for the newer Furbys. :wacko:

Feeding the Connect is frustrating, to be honest. I have noticed when you feed him on the app he stays full longer than feeding him with your finger.

Hasbro has been really pushing that app and it makes the Connect a boring edition to the Furby line. There's additional activities you can do with your Connect with it, but the app is more of a collecting game. It doesn't help that you really don't need the Connect to even play it. He helps you unlock items faster, but usually he's making random comments and the robot itself feels more like an advertisement for the game. It's a shame too, because the Connect really has a cute design and their ideas for him were great, it just wasn't very well thought out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back