P1/P2- Cheat Death?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBlade

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I somehow managed to "cheat death" on my P2. I had Tongaritchi, and he started to do the dying beeping. Then I did some button pressing (no clue what though), and he stopped beeping, and went back to normal, hopping around the screen without a care in the world. Anyone know what the heck happened here?? Very curious, as I'd like to try this on Kusatchi!

Did you by any chance press the center button? I was curious if you did that since the way you described it sounds like you were crazily pressing button, and I'm sure you would have said if the clock popped up. If you do remember pressing the center button but not the clock coming up, that may be a clue to cheating death. I myself haven't experienced a death on my vintage Tamagotchi due to them resetting accidentally, but from what I've read it seems like the A button would fast-forward the animation. It would be interesting to try button combinations on dying tamagotchis in light of what you've found.

Did you by any chance press the center button? I was curious if you did that since the way you described it sounds like you were crazily pressing button, and I'm sure you would have said if the clock popped up. If you do remember pressing the center button but not the clock coming up, that may be a clue to cheating death. I myself haven't experienced a death on my vintage Tamagotchi due to them resetting accidentally, but from what I've read it seems like the A button would fast-forward the animation. It would be interesting to try button combinations on dying tamagotchis in light of what you've found.
If I remember right, he was doing the dying beeping/animation, and I managed to glitch it into a state where I could cycle through icons while dying. I then franticly fed him, and he was like "ok I'm good now". But maybe the clock DOES have something to do with it.

In that case, it sounds like you either did something unexpected and thus bypassed programming restrictions, or the frequency of your commands may have overridden something in the programming. Glitches are really just programming working with different information - hence how everything follows a pattern despite seeming unexpected. My hypothesis is you might have unintentionally stalled the programming and by the time it resumed control, it had no reason to continue the death process. As for how that happened, that still needs to be figured out by experimenting but a good place to start would be trying to access the clock and then attempting to access the icons, likely in quick succession (as you've demonstrated).

In that case, it sounds like you either did something unexpected and thus bypassed programming restrictions, or the frequency of your commands may have overridden something in the programming. Glitches are really just programming working with different information - hence how everything follows a pattern despite seeming unexpected. My hypothesis is you might have unintentionally stalled the programming and by the time it resumed control, it had no reason to continue the death process. As for how that happened, that still needs to be figured out by experimenting but a good place to start would be trying to access the clock and then attempting to access the icons, likely in quick succession (as you've demonstrated).
Sounds good, I'll try it when I get Kusatchi, as that's who I'm aiming for! Mind if I add you as a friend to report my findings to ya? :p

Well, I've already answered your question by accepting your friend request, so yes. Also, I was planning to run quite a few extensive experiments on my P2 with the goal of finding a method to keep the bad care characters the longest. So far I've found that Mimitchi does not need perfect care to be obtained but only 100% discipline (I didn't get any care mistakes, so still some experimenting left). It seems like we're of the same mind ^_^

You can always cheat death by resetting your Tamagotchi during the death scene (falling down). I have yet to try it, but I have seen it being done!

The Tamagotchi models we were referring to are the original 1996 Tamagotchi which, like all other vintage versions, loses all data once it has been reset. The death cheat you are referring to only works on the connection Tamagotchi models due to them recording data for significant events. But being reminded of a death cheat is always useful and if the original models had the download technology of the connection models, it would certainly have been less of a headache for me (my vintages came missing their back covers and I have yet to perfect them).

OK, that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know, Knighttchi's Ballad! I still think it's really cool how the cheating death thing worked for you, Star Blade.

You're welcome and, since you've mentioned it, I might as well give an update on StarBlade's death cheat. By personal messenger, StarBlade ran a couple of experiments on his P2 (second version of the original Tamagotchi) and wasn't able to replicate the glitch. We thus concluded it may have been a one-time occurrence and, if otherwise, it may be impossible to replicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back