What do you want a new tamagotchi to be like?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaughterDevil

Reaction score
Hi tama-friends

I have a question. If bandai releases a new tamagotchi how does it needs to be like in your opinion?

I'll start:

First of all the tamagotchi would need a bluetooth connection instead of an NFC conection because bluetooth is way more common.

Second, I should make a good mobile app for the tamagotchi. An app which you can transfer your tama temporarily too so you can play games (alone or with other tama's) and talk to other tama's all over the world via internet. Bandia could charge like 5 to 10 bucks for it. I also would give it more memory so that their can fit more games, items ect.in it. I also saw an idea here in tamatalk about that you can cook for your tama which is a really good idea either. Then there could be a market in the tamapeda where u can buy vegetables and meat. Maybe aslo that you can cook the difficult recipes in the app and the simple ones on the tamagotchi. I also tought of school now in school on the 4u there is just an animation what if you need to do certain exercises for earning a skill, for example for you need to play a jump the rope-game (where u press B to let her/him jump) 5 times to obtain the sport skill. I wouldn't change the tamagotchi itself to much because otherwise it would become to costly but with an app where you can do many fun things on maybe tamagotchi become attractive again.

I'm starting this topic because like we all know Bandai is taking its hands off tamagotchi. I don't like it and I know you guys don't like it either. So maybe if we can collect enough ideas we can sent them trough to bandai and they will maybe reconsider. I know I'm maybe a little too ambitious but we have a proverb here in Belguim. You have a no but you can get a yes ( sounds beter in dutch). If we don't try bandia would probably stop producing tamagotchi's completly in a couple of years an I don't want that happen. So if you have good ideas, post them here, discuss this ideas, share this question with every tama-parent/fan you can find.

Give tamagotchi the push in the back it needs.

What I personally would love to see in a new Tamagotchi release:

- Dream Growth Mechanic, events that happens in dreams affect your tamas evolution. I have not thought exactly how it would play out but think it could work and be a interesting twist and make sleeping a fun & unique mechanic for us.

- More unique shell designs upon release and not endless 'versions' which are ultimately the same virtual pet with one or two differences in items, evolutions & locations.

- Something similar to TamaTown to interact further in the world (I know this would be extremely unlikely but a man can dream!)

I'd strive for simplicity.

• Go back to basic, gender neutral shell designs. I'm tired of the exclusively frilly-girly-pinky-doily thing they've been doing lately.
  • Return to pocket-sized devices. "But I want my Tamagotchi to be as big and round as a softball," said no one.
  • More classic styled characters, or at least some new characters that aren't just variations of Mametchi with clothes and a hairdo.
  • The option to choose a difficulty, like picking an egg on the Tamagotchi Garden/Morino.
  • Keep NFC, because that's still pretty cool!
  • Avoid physical add-ons like the Tama-Go figures and the P's pierces. It's a lot more fun to earn bonus stuff on the device itself.
  • Avoid phone app connectivity features. Why make Tamagotchis rely on phones, when you could just install Tamagotchi LIFE/Classic which is simply a Tamagotchi on a phone?
  • Re-introduce regional variants in shell designs, functions, and/or available characters, since they're fun to discuss and collect!

Those are just a couple things that I could think of off the top of my head.

@CTF@

Last edited by a moderator:
I"ve played both the 1997/8 originals and the Connection series. I've played Angels and Ocean (Japanese) Entamas, K-Tamas, and I can honestly state ...

What I like to see in the new Tamas be those of the Connection series just....updated in pixel art and color : ) v1 through v4 had a good thing going for them with amount of things to do based on what the person liked. v1s for basic care and beginners (hard to not get Mimitchi/Mematchi), v2 with the shop mechanic and alot more characters to get, v3....honestly I don't really care for v3s, V4 introduced schools.

Updated versions of the previous Tamas would be amazing, like an updated Angel/Devil gotchis with connection function and color pixel art. That would be amazing. Keep them pocket sized with a wide verity of colored shells and designs like they had before so you could customize how you tama to look.

Another idea would be that devils and angels would have fold in wings, I know that sounds silly, but think of it, the wings fold in for play or no play and fold out for aesthetic looks

All I really want is a US color model that's at least as good as the P's. But, pessimist that I am, I won't hold my breath.

i totally agree with complete_tama_fanatic. to be honest, the main thing i really miss is the aspect of mostly gender neutral little blob characters without all the clothing/accessories and detail that many of the newer characters have. even though the characters are still pretty cute and everything, it seems too specifically feminine based to appeal to many of the audiences that once really enjoyed the simplicity of the v1 through like the v4.5 or the familitchi.

ALSO! an aspect of some versions of tamagotchis that i really like is the shop. in some non color older versions it changed like twice a day, and you could never really know what was going to be in stock. on many of the new versions now the shops always have everything in stock. its not necessarily bad, its just that element of surprise that was involved with the shop changing is gone. i wish there were more little surprises than just evolution. i know there are, but the randomization of it all daily made it more exciting in my opinion.

there are a couple aspects of the 4u+ that are kind of similar, i would say, and still pretty exciting: gardening and gashapon! it takes like 3(?) days to water your plant daily in the garden and then you get a random food item! and with the gashapon, you just bump with NFC and it gives you something random. i think those kinds of things are important to keep people interested rather than just having the same options for items and foods day after day.

and i would much rather carry a smaller tamagotchi rather than a tennis ball sized one lol. :)

Something simple I'd like is a tamagotchi that vibrates slightly. I mean I'm no tech savvy person so don't even know this is possible but my cousin who is deaf, always had issues with his tamagotchi when he had one. Either by losing it, the sound being on and he hasn't noticed it and being embarrassed when someone pointed it out, care calls where obviously not heard, and so certain characters where near impossible to get unless he was always watching it, and it was more of a casual thing for him. Mostly because of the issue with hearing.

It's interesting to read that most requests are a variation of vintage model like Tamagotchi Connection. I'm playing with them since 2004 (with some pause of course) and they're still enjoyable, pretty fun, basic tamagotchi. I like Tamagotchi Friends as well, but from V1 till V6 are still entertaining for me (it's still funny to see them make their own things!). Music Star is a totally different tamagotchi in the Connection series, but with the same concept: growing a tamagotchi, your little pixelize friend.

My dream new Tamagotchi:

Tamagotchi: Retro

60 returning characters plus 14 new characters

Tamagotchi: Retro celebrates the best of Tamagotchi from the vintage Tamagotchis to the connection series. There are several new features in this Tamagotchi – the first being that the Tamagotchi will now vibrate if attention is needed and the sound is off, there is also an option to turn on a back-lit screen, finally it features all new games which remixes old games and turns them into new variations.

Slot Bump: Your Tamagotchi will fight against another Tamagotchi and must win. To build up your power you must get the best result you can in a game of slot.

There are 3 different shapes you can get in slot – Circle, Triangle and Cross. The better you do the higher chance you have of winning. Circle is the best shape, Triangle is average, and Cross is the worst.

Left or Right – Jump! First you must select left or right. One direction has nothing, so the game will immediately end, and you will lose. The other direction will have a long jump pit and you will be able to attempt the long jump – then to jump there will be 3 buttons on the screen (representing the A, B and C buttons on the Tamagotchi), when the button on screen lights up you must press the corresponding button on the Tamagotchi as fast as possible. The faster you press it, the longer the Tamagotchi will jump.

Get Heading: You must use the A button to move left, the C button to move right and B button to jump. Sometimes a ball will fall from the sky and you must jump to bop the ball back into the sky, other times a poop will fall from the sky and you must avoid the poop otherwise the game will end.

14 New Characters:

fnLorCA.png

Growth Chart:

pX1VDMD.png

Shell Design:

YlBJd0d.png

ALSO! an aspect of some versions of tamagotchis that i really like is the shop. in some non color older versions it changed like twice a day, and you could never really know what was going to be in stock. on many of the new versions now the shops always have everything in stock. its not necessarily bad, its just that element of surprise that was involved with the shop changing is gone. i wish there were more little surprises than just evolution. i know there are, but the randomization of it all daily made it more exciting in my opinion.
OMG! I'm not alone! I'm honest, when I first started with the color ones, after all this years (4U and M!x) I really thought it's still there and checked the stores a couple of times a day... but sadly it didn't change :( I'm really missing that feature! That was great! It's nothing special, indeed, but it was a nice little surprise. That's something I'd love to have back!

Something simple I'd like is a tamagotchi that vibrates slightly. I mean I'm no tech savvy person so don't even know this is possible but my cousin who is deaf, always had issues with his tamagotchi when he had one. Either by losing it, the sound being on and he hasn't noticed it and being embarrassed when someone pointed it out, care calls where obviously not heard, and so certain characters where near impossible to get unless he was always watching it, and it was more of a casual thing for him. Mostly because of the issue with hearing.
I'm honest, I thought about that too. But I think/believe, to add something like that to a Tamagotchi, they'd have to use a recharable battery. What's not bad! I'd love to see that! The battery change with the AAA batteries was quite a step forward, I mean... those little (button)batteries were expensive. I remember hunting them on eBay for a suitable price. With the AAA's it's much esier, but a recharable opportunity might be interesting, too.

Also:

Do you know what would be an awesome idea for an anniversary Tamagotchi? If Bandai would make a "character contest" and add like the 20 best of to the others/old ones. With "chracter contest" I mean, that they may ask the fans, how they're imagine a brand new character, how they have to look, what's their pro/cons, skills, likes, etc. just to give it an exciting new twist :3

I would like a semi-cheap Tamagotchi that could come to markets all over the world.

A color screen would be nice, but the price probably wouldn't.

I wouldn't mind if Bandai said "nope I'm done" and started cranking out something with bazillions of new features like fully customizable houses a la The Sims, a refined pixel art like we see in all these hip indie games, multiplayer, a shared world between all users, and who knows what else, all ok modern

(on mobile accidentally pressed post and there's no edit)

all on modern devices with the old egg shaped ones as a niche.

Feature and appearence-wise, like a V1.

But I want backlit screen, UFOtchi included, and limited lifespan of the elder characters (maybe a month or two or three why not).

Not a lot to ask for. :p

I'd like to see something like a Connections maybe, but with new characters and shell designs. The size of the Connections are perfect in my opinion, and they'd probably be cheaper then a colored version. One feature I'd like to see is an ability to stretch out your Tama's life span. I usually get attached to certain characters and it always feels like they leave too soon. It could maybe be as simple as having the characters stay in the adult stage longer, but still being able to marry them off after a few days. I doubt Bandai would do any of this, but it's just fun to think about I guess.

Reactions: Iza
I prefer the Connection models, so I want something like those.

I want care to have a stronger impact on your Tamagotchi, and for them to eventually die of old age instead of living until you marry them off or neglect them to the point of death, based on both the character and your care.

I would prefer to have many characters and shorter games, because the games get repetitive once you've had your Tama for several generations. I prefered the older designs, where characters were more gender-neutral, did not have clothing, and had more varied body types, and not just the anthropomorphic kind.

Hiya! If Bandai made another tamagotchi I would want it to look kinda simple with changeable faceplates (like the 4U). I think it should be able to connect with WiFi too. :D I'd also like it to be in colour and English (because all the colour ones have to have an English patch otherwise they're in Japanese). Just my opinion. ^_^ ~Berry

I would very much like bandai to make a tamagotchi that had a stepomiter in it, so people like me would actually want to do some exersize. It would be cute if they added a cute animation for when you ran or maybe they could make some sorta water proof tama that when you swam it swam with you! They could make it a kind of Apple Watch mush mash tama, it could maybe work.

I would very much like bandai to make a tamagotchi that had a stepomiter in it, so people like me would actually want to do some exersize. It would be cute if they added a cute animation for when you ran or maybe they could make some sorta water proof tama that when you swam it swam with you!
They actually did make a pedometer Tamagotchi pet - I think it was called the TamaWalkie! They're pretty rare and expensive nowadays though from the looks of it. There are other, more modern pedometer pets out there though, the one I can think of off the top of my head is the Himitsu no Cocotama virtual pet/pedometer. Not nearly as expensive, and not Tamagotchi characters, but still pretty cute!

A waterproof Tama would be everything I ever needed in my life. Swimming and baths are basically two of my favourite things. I'd love a waterproof Tama that could accompany me to swim practice - it would be even more amazing if it could also be used as a stopwatch to time my laps in the pool :D

But, since I have the change to dream about what else I'd like to see in a Tama - I'd actually really, really like a superhero-themed Tama, of all things! I enjoyed the post-adult stages in the 4U/4U+ and the Henshin Jo transformations in the iD L, and this kinda plays on that concept. Depending on how you raise your character, and how it reacts to events you encounter while taking your character to visit certain locations, it could end up turning into a hero or a mischievous villain! Help the citizens of TamaTown out and you'll earn your cape, but participate in prankery, shenanigans, and petty mischief, and you're on your way to becoming someone's arch-nemesis!

Some of the "super" alter-egos from the Tamagotchi anime would certainly be part of it - hero Mametchi would become MameGotchiman, villain Mametchi would be Naughty Mametchi, hero Chamametchi would be Super Chama Girl, villain Lovelitchi would become Thief Papillon...but of course there would be lots of original costumes and forms (Space Cowgirl Himespetchi vs Evil Space Empress? Fearless Warrior Kunoitchi vs Cat Burglar Kunoitchi?)

I would very much like bandai to make a tamagotchi that had a stepomiter in it, so people like me would actually want to do some exersize. It would be cute if they added a cute animation for when you ran or maybe they could make some sorta water proof tama that when you swam it swam with you! They could make it a kind of Apple Watch mush mash tama, it could maybe work.
If you want a really inexpensive equivalent, pick up one of the Dragon Quest Slime virtual pets on JapanYouWant. They have a pedometer and are usually super cheap. They're not terribly complex, but you actually explore a large map as you walk and the screen changes based on what terrain you're on. I've had a lot of fun with mine.

As for what I want in a Tama.... I'd like to have growth be care based, but no punishment for pausing. I'd like there to be the trait mixing of the M!x, but the ability to encourage or discourage certain traits like color or hairstyle/ears/whatever.

Keep the traveling from town to town from the M!x, but make it so you can unlock all the towns with just one (I mean, you can make unlocking them hard, but don't make people have to buy 2 tamas)

Give me more old-school tama designs. If they just look like little chibi people, meh. Make 'em look like whales and duck plants and ghosts and dogs and cats and all manner of old-school tama weirdness!!

Use NFC so there's a sort of DS-esque street pass feature that lets you know when other tamas are nearby or just exchanges gifts/info.

Let it pair somehow with the app so that you can send money back and forth or maybe unlock new characters and items.

....that's all I can think of this late. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back