Gudetama Tamagotchis!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsofjudas

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, you guys!!!

https://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/tamagotchi/gudetama/

I'm a huge fan of Gudetama and I've been excitedly saving up for the Sanrio M!x but this takes the cake! Not only is it a Gudetama specific Tama BUT it appears to be a return to small pocket-sized shells. It looks like the game is the same and the only difference is the shells, which I super liked about the originals/Connections and was put off by the M!xs. Release date is December and they appear to be about $20-25 or so, if I've got the conversion right. I am thrilled! This concept looks like it will be a real winner and I'm pumped to see a return to small/cheap Tamas. After hearing rumours of the Tamagotchi line declining and Bandai selling it, I think this will have the potential to boost them. It's cheap enough to be more accessible, functions as an accessory again (and therefore advertises itself), and has a very popular character.

TM Edit: Note - 2 topics merged into one

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_inline_ovpm49Woe71toxdax_500.png

Thats right! Bandai has just announced that they have partnered with Sanrio once again to launch an all-new Gudetama Tamagotchi! The Sanrio M!X has definitely proven that Tamagotchi fans LOVE Sanrio characters, and now Bandai wants to continue the Sanrio love fest.

tumblr_inline_ovntv2FkSr1toxdax_500.jpg

The new Gudetama Tamagotchi will be very similar to the original Tamagotchi, featuring a monochromatic display, keychain, and classic egg shape. Users will take care of Gudetama’s as they become various types of Gudetama depending on the type of care provided. Meaning that there will be different outcomes of growth depending on your quality of care. If you ultimately do not treat your Gudetama well, then that little egg it might just get cooked or even eaten!

tumblr_inline_ovpm57yrbW1toxdax_500.png

The Gudetama Tamagotchi will be released in Japan on December 27th for about ¥2300 excluding tax. If you want the Gudetama Tamagotchi along with the stylish Gudetama cover that will cost you ¥3500 excluding tax. Information is still very limited, as details are released we will be sure to keep you updated!

Who else is just loving this Bandai/Sanrio love fest?

*Special thanks to @tokyodirectdiary for translations

Yay! Glad someone did a post with the graphics and am exact release date! I was initially kind of confused about the bigger styles but realized there's links on the site that shows them as what appears to be silicone covers, the tamas inside are the same two as show.

LOVE the return to small ones and Gudetama concept!

I saw Gudetama the first time in my sanrio mix :) not my favorite sanrio Character, but it's a nice idea. Will get one for sure :)

Actually that shell form looks almost exactly like the Tamagotchi Nano. I suppose this must be some sort of spin off release or something.

I hope the gameplay is closer to a connection model than a nano, as I heard the nano is a bit lacking compared to the others. I almost wonder if the Gudetama will be similar to the Usatama, which I hear is just like a nano. I also wonder if that Gudetama in a dress might not be an actual character but rather an item animation. I guess I have allot of questions :lol:

Make sure to nab one on hlj before orders close!

I believe the sets with the covers are already closed, but the individual tamas themselves are still up i believe

Nevermind, I see they do! Also a lot of speculation on the prices going way up if I wait and buy them on eBay... I assume this happened with the last releases? I've been really in and out of Tama happenings these past years. :X

I'd say it's a dice roll since some of the recent colour models that are a few years old can be cheaper than the newer ones, while some of the older ones are still expensive (like the Tamagotchi +Colour which sells for around $100) or cheaper (like the Tamagotchi ID which sells for around $30). I have seen the relaunch of the Tamagotchi mini now go for $20-30 on Ebay when during the preorder period they were selling for $50. The Usatama, however, is still selling for $50 on Ebay so I imagine since it and the Gudetama are in the same category, I'd expect them to sell for the same.

I grabbed a pre-order on HLJ, one of each plain shell for myself and one for my kid. The big silicone cover was already closed and I figure I can just put one of my many Gudetama charms on the chain if I need a decoration. They only cost ¥2,070 or about $18 each and it looks like $5 to ship (since it's a pre-order I haven't been billed yet).

I saw the first one on eBay today: https://m.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Tamagotchi-Gudetama-Sanrio-Japan-Pre-Sale-US-Seller-/263220039914?hash=item3d492310ea%3Ag%3AtSQAAOSwJwpZwvYl&_trkparms=pageci%253A20616338-9f07-11e7-9c2e-74dbd180418f%257Cparentrq%253Aa6046cc315e0aca4ad9853b2ffe52116%257Ciid%253A25

They do look like Nanos. I wonder if they will be full games or just the simplified accessory version? I really hope they are a whole game.

They really do resemble nanos ^^

I'm not really fond of Gudetama but I have to admit that I love the shell design and the screencaps featured on the site of the game. Just a little worried about the price going up like someone said since a lot of sellers are closing their preorders. (I don't get paid until next week XP)

Has anyone found out anymore information on the tama? Like gameplay, etc?

I've been thinking of getting one of these! I love Tamas & I love Gudetama. If anyone here gets one I hope they make a topic/review about how they run. :D

I hope the gameplay is closer to a connection model than a nano, as I heard the nano is a bit lacking compared to the others. I almost wonder if the Gudetama will be similar to the Usatama, which I hear is just like a nano. I also wonder if that Gudetama in a dress might not be an actual character but rather an item animation. I guess I have allot of questions :lol:
The gudetama in the dress is is basically guaranteed to be a character. If you watch gudetama, you'll see some episodes have it as a character.

tumblr_nsfa6nwaPL1uuqttlo1_400.gif

If there were item animations, it would most likely involve another food item. Like these sausages here.

0b6b4ea98dc1dce461e3066fb968cf61.jpg

Omg that first Gudetama pic is precious... ;_;

I need this tama!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back