Tamagotchi m!x - how's it looking?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you pleased with yourself for getting your Tamagotchi m!x?

• I don't know... to be honest, I just buy whatever new Tamagotchi comes out.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really, this version just hasn't sparked my interest, unfortunately.

• What?! If I hear the word "Tamagotchi m!x" again, I'm gonna go absolutely nuts

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YURIA★CHARMAINE

Reaction score
A year ago on 16 October 2016 - the day I became 17 - I got my Melody ver. Tamagotchi m!x, and so far the thing I can honestly say about it is how this version is very... unique. It's one of those versions that makes you realise that Tamagotchi is taking new turns - kind of like how Pokémon is taking new turns, as evident with Generation VI - and so far, this version has really got me back into the franchise again.
So for those of you who own your m!x, be it Spacy, Melody, 20ani or Dream, I want to know what you think of this compelling new version.Please vote in the poll and make any extra comments by replying to the topic.

Malfoy Edit: Changed font to something more eye-friendly due to complaints and feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own a M!X yet, but I definitely intend to get one because the idea is so brilliant and fits with Tamagotchi's concept. I'm not sure which one I'll get so I'll have to do some research. One comment I would add is that there really isn't any need to add an option for those who don't have the version, as it is already directed at owners of the M!X and 4U/+. If you were asking a broader question, then an option for not having a version would be reasonable.

For most of the poll options... I can't pick one cuse they don't fit my opinions so here they are:

What I think about the mix?

Well I like it. I have three. I don't think it's the best version ever because you can't compare the vintages, the connections and the colours altogether that's like comparing an apple tree seed, to the apple tree to the apples. It's juts not reasonable or fair. Yes I love the mixing aspect of the mixing and the genetic aspect that some traits stick around for generations. I think it is a solid idea and the mixing part is perfect. But there are things that are less perfect. So it is one of my favourite versions.

Mix 4U and 4U+?

The mix hands down. I like the 4U+ and all, but the limited adults, the misbehaving thing when you go to feed them... the hey I woke up I want to talk to you even though you are busy and need to shove my whiny butt in daycare so I don't die while you have a life. And the School thing... It takes so much time to get the skills to get the post adult forms. And the dependence on the app kills it.

What do I like the most about the mix?

Well I love the shells the shape and the overall design the colours/ face plate combos for the melody I like the spacy one looks like a cheap easter egg. I love the Pink anniversary shell the white one... didn't match well with the face plate. And I dislike yellow and really dont get the sanrio hype. I also dislike the dream mix (a bow? really?) And I like the mixing, and the family pictures at every evolution step and the two types of daycare that are present, the colour change items awesome touch, the different destinations and just how on point they are. I like how the characters move in the screen giving it depth. And I am sure there are other things I am just blanking.

What do I dislike the most?

The whiny pouting face and the stupid happy meter. I don't have the time to spend hours upon hours playing games giving snacks and visiting people and playing with toys alternating everything so that they don't get bored as repeating actions seem to have an exponential decrease in how the meter fills. And The stupid pouty face. And just how long it takes to get a proposal. I like it and all but a cheap easy match maker option would be so nice. And what happened to dating in the park? why even have characters in the park if they are ones we can't even marry them. And I hate how for the most part each "new version" is really the melody or the spacy just trade melody land for X land. and three whole new characters is all you get. Stupid. The racing game in akai land to get the conch shell. How we unlock mermaid palace. And people's reactions to their mix "ew" or "why are all the boys feminine looking" or "why won't these genes die I am restarting" or "how can I make sure it always looks cute" or the many many many manipulation theories about making sure the mix looks exactly like you want it to. It ruins the fun of the mix! What's the point of mixing if you aren't open for the possibilities of what they look like? And if you only mix the cutsie characters then of course you will get cutsie offspring no matter the gender.

I do miss the planting feature from the IDL, and a wider range of wallpapers. And I miss the the wider range of items and clothes and such. Not everything has to have anything to do with mixing. I liked the skills from the 4U so why drop that? And why not have some sort of unlocks for achieving a certain number of generations as that is what the mix is all about right?

Am I happy i have a mix?

Yes. It is not something I regret buying. Will I jump out and get every new version? Nope. Will I get all excited for bows and glitter and three new characters and 2 are mateable? no. It's not worth it. The anniversary was the best version they made and the gift one? three different characters and that's it. i am happy with the mixes that I have and I will sit and hope that they can make a new Mix that is original.

Thanks for the review Rorys_Tamas :^) I know you didn't intended to but that's quite allot of useful information. I was planning to get a pink Spacy M!X solely because the shell looked so appealing and reminded me of a sunset. Actually, all of the Spacy M!X shells remind me of sunsets at different times of the day (although the purple one doesn't exactly match a time). Although most of the M!X shells/faceplates are rather appealing, the Spacy and Melody M!Xs really stand out from the rest because of how colorful they are. I prefer the stripes of the Spacy versions over the polka dots of the Melody versions, and I don't like either of the Dream M!X designs (if I had to choose I would pick the pink shell because it looks better). Actually, the Dream M!X doesn't fit with my aesthetics either since it is too pastel.

I doubt that when I get a M!X I'll put allot of effort into deciding on a combination since, as you implied, there is an extra surprise in seeing what the evolution will be. I also wouldn't mind getting a feminine male character since I like it when male characters have a bit of a feminine appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back