Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Bandai America Releasing the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini This Fall

• Please log in to reply

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:50 PM ( #1 )

tumblr_inline_oxn3jxQ59O1toxdax_540.jpg

Following in the footsteps of Bandai Japan, Bandai America is bringing the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini to the United States! We couldn’t be happier, but we must say we are not surprised. To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original Tamagotchi here in the United States Bandai is releasing the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini and bringing Tamagotchi back to America.

Placing their bets on nostalgia Bandai America is hoping that fans that nurtured the original virtual pet in 1997 will purchase the new 2017 Tamagotchi Mini decorated in the original 6 Japanese shell designs. The 2017 Mini is identical to the one just recently released in Japan, with the ability to raise 6 characters, however the packaging is a bit different. The 2017 Mini will feature unique packaging resembling the original packaging to pay tribute to the original version released in the United States. We can definitely see ourselves purchasing more than one for our collection!

tumblr_inline_oxn3nfpHCO1toxdax_540.jpg

“For many Generation X kids, the Tamagotchi device can be considered America’s first and favorite digital pet,” says Tara Badie, marketing director for Bandai America.  “The enduring power of Tamagotchi is its clear expression that nurturing and love never goes out of style. It’s such an honor to bring back one of the most beloved toys in a way that captures the magic and joy of a generation while embracing the sensibilities of new generations.”

The device is definitely being marketed for its nostalgia, hoping that fans back in the 90’s and perhaps even in the early 2000’s with the Connection devices will want to relive the good old days. This definitely seems like a good approach as many millennials have been flocking to nostalgic products that have been re-released.

tumblr_inline_oxn3nyKsTN1toxdax_540.jpg

The 2017 Tamagotchi Mini will be available this November in the United States, pre-orders will be available starting October 10th at various North American retailers for $14.99. As retailers post their pre-orders we will definitely keep you updated!

So what do you think about Bandai America releasing the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini in the United States for the 20th anniversary? Will you be ordering it? We want to hear from you!

Edited by TamaMum, 25 October 2017 - 10:34 AM.
Personal Links removed - site rules

• Nazotchi25, YURIA★CHARMAINE, MarshyMellow and 3 others like this

Replies

Views

Started

10 Oct 2017

Last Post

07 Dec 2017

Baby Fat Phan

• baby-fat-phan user photo

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:23 PM ( #2 )

This sounds lovely ouo

I might get it, but I'm currently saving for something else...

• tamapalace likes this

PokemonBecky

• pokemonbecky user photo

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:14 PM ( #3 )

If I come across it in a store, I'll definitely get it. 

• tamapalace likes this

Knighttchi's Ballad

• knighttchis-ballad user photo

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:42 PM ( #4 )

Oh man, sweet! I'll definitely be buying one in-store, actually I might get two or three just because it is such a rare opportunity to buy a Tamagotchi in-store! The programming might not be on par with other Tamagotchis, but it will be worth it, especially since I won't have to pay shipping costs :lol: Thank you, thank you Tamaplace!

• tamapalace likes this

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:34 PM ( #5 )

Tos R Us Sells Out of 2017 Mini Pre-Orders!
tumblr_inline_oxosn6gV1z1toxdax_500.png
The 2017 Tamagotchi Mini was listed on the Toys “R” Us website hours ago, and already all 6 designs are now sold out! It appears that there is a strong demand for this re-released device, and we couldn’t be happier!
First off- how amazing is it to see Tamagotchi gracing the pages of the Toys “R” Us website again? We love it.
The devices are listed as “Bandai Tamagotchi Digital Pet Toy”, all 6 designs are up on their website and were available for pre-order. Already sold out, we will have to monitor these pre-orders just about everyday; don’t worry, we’ll keep you updated.
tumblr_inline_oxosnjBEfW1toxdax_500.png
Pre-orders of the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini are limited to two per customer, and are priced at $14.99 These devices are estimated to start shipping on November 15th.
Be sure to head over to the Toys “R” Us website soon and hope more pre-orders become available!

Edited by TamaMum, 25 October 2017 - 10:36 AM.

• Baby Fat Phan likes this

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:35 PM ( #6 )

tumblr_inline_oxoubwwNqK1toxdax_500.png
When Bandai America announced the release of the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini they made no mention of this release being outside of the United States, but this doesn’t look like the case. Although no official press release from Bandai UK, the 2017 Mini is launching across the pond!
tumblr_inline_oxoucfZjkA1toxdax_500.png
The Entertainer and Smyths Toy Store, two popular toy shops in the United Kingdom have the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini up on their website for purchase. Yes, thats right, purchase not pre-order. You can add the Mini to your basket for £10.00 or £9.99 and receive it within 3-5 business days!
tumblr_inline_oxoucaXOnS1toxdax_500.png
If you live in the UK then we suggest checking out The Entertainer & Smyths Toy Storewebsites and starting your order today!

Edited by TamaMum, 25 October 2017 - 10:36 AM.

Knighttchi's Ballad

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:42 AM ( #7 )

I've also checked that Toys "R" Us Canada is selling the rereleased Tamagotchi minis at $19.99 Canadian with a limit of 5 per customer. The preorders haven't sold out yet ;^) (P.s. Feel free to reuse the image if you want, Tamapalace.)

UXzuHHul.png

TamaFoxx

• tamafoxx user photo

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:29 AM ( #8 )

Sadly it isn't a color one :(  but they're adorable! I couldn't resist, I made an order for two of them :D  (by The Entertainer, because suddenly the light blue one was in stock again). The eMail says, it'll be delivered by the 24th October, so let's see ^_^  I'm curious and excited!

Thanks for the information about that new release!

pinkbutterflies

• pinkbutterflies user photo

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:05 PM ( #9 )

I'm so excited for this, I'm definitely getting one. My nostalgia for tamas is running high esp. after this announcement, and I can't wait to add it to my keychain and have something to secretly occupy me at work lol.

thetitaniumdrago

• thetitaniumdrago user photo

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:39 AM ( #10 )

I actually just got my tamagotchi the other day, it was really cool to once again be able to go into a store and purchase a tamagotchi again!

I done a little unboxing of it aswell on my youtube

• Knighttchi's Ballad likes this

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:15 PM ( #11 )

*Personal link removed - site rules*

tumblr_inline_oxqpdwZdFV1toxdax_500.png

The 2017 Tamagotchi Mini will be gracing the shelves of several retailers this fall (don’t worry we’ll have that list soon), but Amazon is getting some Tamagotchi love too!

A few sellers on Amazon have listed the new 2017 Tamagotchi Mini for pre-order for $15.52-19.99. These orders are scheduled to ship on November 5th. What is also surprising is that the new Mini is a #1 Best Seller in Pre-Kindergarten Toys on Amazon! Be sure to check out the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini on Amazon today!

If you haven’t gotten your pre-orders in this is a great time to do so, and don’t worry many more pre-orders will be available throughout several retailers! Stay tuned!

Edited by TamaMum, 25 October 2017 - 10:41 AM.
Personal link removed - site rules

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:15 PM ( #12 )

*Personal link removed - site rules*

tumblr_inline_oxtwm1b1O81toxdax_500.png

Ever since the official press release from Bandai America about the launch of the 2017 Mini we have gotten may inquires about availability. Where is the 2017 Mini available? Which stores, and most importantly which countries? Well have no feature, we have some information straight from Bandai about this.

Where will the 2017 Mini be available? The 2017 Tamagotchi Mini will be available in America in over 20 retail stores. Such stores include Target, Walmart, Toys “R” Us, and various other retailers. We will keep you updated as we receive a full list but these major retailers WILL be carrying the 2017 Mini starting on November 5th 2017.

Which countries will the 2017 Mini be available in? Good question. You’ll find this beauty in retail stores across several countries such as the United States, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Benelux and Australia.

Now retail store availability by country is not yet available but we can confirm that The Entertainer and Smyths Toy Store are carrying the 2017 Mini in their stores already! American Tamagotchi fans will have to wait until November 5th - no fair!

We can also confirm that Toys “R” Us in Canada will be carrying the 2017 Mini as well, among many other retailers.

This is the biggest Tamagotchi launch in quite a long time, perhaps since the TamaTown Tama-Go back in 2010. We are so excited to see the 2017 Mini in major retail stores across the United States and the widespread availability in many countries. Notably these are all the countries that also received the Tamagotchi Friends line. We want to hear what you think about the availability of the 2017 Mini in the comments below!

Edited by TamaMum, 25 October 2017 - 10:42 AM.
Personal links removed - site rules

• Knighttchi's Ballad likes this

Knighttchi's Ballad

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:01 PM ( #13 )

Whoa! I didn't think we'd be getting a global release. I guess this means Bandai is really keen on Tamagotchis now and I so hope that they'll get enough a response to make new Tamagotchi versions - or even perhaps bringing over colour tamas to other countries. Only time will really tell if we get another virtual pet boom ;)

• TamaFoxx likes this

Nazotchi25

• nazotchi25 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:57 PM ( #14 )

I'm quite tempted to buy one for the sake of collecting when they start appearing in stores here. I guess I'll see if I do in time

Tamacass

• tamacass user photo

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:26 PM ( #15 )

Oh man, I remember seeing this the other day for pre-order in Zing Pop! It said that it'd be here in November, which is pretty much accurate. I also remember hearing that you can pre-order it at EB Games, so I'm excited to see what happens! :)

MarshyMellow

• marshymellow user photo

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:11 PM ( #16 )

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see Tamagotchis being released in the states again! ^_^

Hopefully I'll have enough money to buy one!

ZeriMoHoshi

• zerimohoshi user photo

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:11 PM ( #17 )

I've been looking EVERYWHERE locally for these lil guys! Unfortunately I haven't had any luck, wondering if Northern Ireland is included in the UK release or not  :( Maybe we have to wait to November 5th like North America?