Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Bandai America Releasing the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini This Fall

• Please log in to reply

Knighttchi's Ballad

• knighttchis-ballad user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:02 PM ( #69 )

Toys “R” Us Canada is one of the few stores in Canada carrying the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini, and they’re sold out! [...] Currently there are only two designs available on their website.

I wanted to point out that I saw those two shells listed on Toysrus a few days ago but they were completely out of stock and unable to be ordered, hence I never mentioned it. I searched up "tamagotchi" on the website today but the search brought up nothing and the listings have obviously been removed.

As for where we Canadians have found the mini, it looks like only Toysrus and EB Games carry them; however, I just checked Walmart and they have them listed!! I'll leave the flashy graphics up to you, Tamapalace ;^) Aside from Toysrus and Walmart, it looks like Canada doesn't have any other toy stores so the only other option for Tamagotchi Minis is electronics stores.

asmexus

• asmexus user photo

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:37 PM ( #70 )

Haven't had any luck finding one of these little guys yet :(

I doubt my amazon "pre order" will ever ship anytime soon.

kuchipatchi love

• kuchipatchi-love user photo

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:06 AM ( #71 )

If anyone's in Germany like I am, you can find them in Müller, the drugstore. I found mine by chance when I was at a mall in a different city. They were pretty hidden, no display or anything. They were also pretty dang pricey, at about 22 euros. But, not being able to resist, I got mine, the pink and blue clock design. I just got a Mametchi today :)  :newmametchi: :newmametchi:

Knighttchi's Ballad

• knighttchis-ballad user photo

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:52 AM ( #72 )

Haven't had any luck finding one of these little guys yet :(

I doubt my amazon "pre order" will ever ship anytime soon.

I wonder if you might be on back-order but the company hasn't told you. Or, if you bought other things from the company and those things are on back-order, and the company would rather send everything out together. I've read a few stories like that. In any event, if you haven't already, it would be worthwhile to ask the company about your pre-order.

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:18 PM ( #73 )

Walmart Canada Lists 2017 Tamagotchi Mini

tumblr_inline_p05rpkYC0J1toxdax_500.jpg

Walmart has just listed all 6 shell designs of the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini! We already informed you that Toys “R” Us in Canada is carrying the 2017 Mini, and we’re so excited to see that Walmart is too!

tumblr_inline_p05rqiFomd1toxdax_500.png

All of the Mini’s are currently sold out on their website, they are listed for $19.97. Be sure to sign up for alerts when your favorite Tamagotchi gets back in stock. Or perhaps head over to your nearest Walmart and scoop one up before they sell out!

asmexus

• asmexus user photo

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:52 PM ( #74 )

Cancelling the Amazon order after waiting so long without a response, and decided to try Best Buy. Hopefully I'm able to finally get the mini before Christmas!

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:59 PM ( #75 )

Toys “R” Us Australia Lists 2017 Tamagotchi Mini tumblr_inline_p0rgnmpgCF1toxdax_500.pngtumblr_inline_p0rgmxrUJ51toxdax_500.png

The Mini is going down under! Toys “R” Us Australia has officially just listed the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini on their website. They are listed as the Chibi, similar to Bandai Japan. They will be carrying them both in their stores and on their website for $24.99 AUD. They are all currently sold out but you can definitely try your luck in store.

You can choose which of the 6 shell designs to order, or you can spice things up by placing your order on the assorted listing. This listing will ensure you a 2017 Tamagotchi Mini but one of a random choosing.

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:59 PM ( #76 )

Bandai UK Confirms Series 2 2017 Mini on Instagram

tumblr_inline_p0s3eqdBiF1toxdax_500.png

We already know The Entertainer has posted pre-orders of the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini series 2, which essentially are just new shell designs of your favorite Mini. Bandai UK has just confirmed that these “new” Mini’s are in fact coming out very soon and you should starting pre-ordering today!

Sounds like the 2017 Mini has been successful, so we can’t wait to see future versions, or perhaps a relaunch of the original in the US? PLEASE!

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:08 PM ( #77 )

2017 Tamagotchi Mini Wave 2 Released in UK

tumblr_inline_p22gv2M3Yd1toxdax_500.png

You may recall us spilling the news that popular toy store The Entertainer was accepting preorders for the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini Wave 2. You may also then recall Bandai UK confirming the second wave. Well we have some even better news, they’re now available! Both The Entertainer and Smyths Toy Store are now stocking their shelves and website with the wave 2 designs for £10.

There are 6 new wave 2 designs, which of course are identical to the wave 2 shells of the 1996 Tamagotchi P1 in Japan. What’s interesting is that both The Entertainer and Smyths Toy Store no longer carry the wave 1 designs. When the 2017 Mini was released Bandai did make it clear that these were in limited quantities, and it sure sounds like they were.

It is also important to note that unlike the United States Tamagotchi Friends website, Bandai UK has not yet updated the UK Tamagotchi Friends website to include the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini. Neither wave 1 or wave 2 shells are showcased.

We would suggest getting your hands on one of these soon because we’re not sure how long they’ll be around. We also hope that we will see wave 2 designs soon in the United States, but for now they’re only available across the pond.

P.S.: What with the UK getting first dibs on the Mini’s?!

Edited by tamapalace, 05 January 2018 - 08:08 PM.

Iza

• iza user photo

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:58 AM ( #78 )

Greece still gets nothing.  :P

(but there's always Ebay  <_< )

Hoky

• hoky user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:44 AM ( #79 )

Greece still gets nothing.  :P

(but there's always Ebay  <_< )

Haha, they seems sold out basically everywhere in the US where we do have them in a couple different stores, so I think a lot of people are going the Ebay route anyhow.

nursinggirl747

• nursinggirl747 user photo

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:55 PM ( #80 )

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/back-by-popular-demand-mini-tamagotchi-arrives-in-hot-new-colors-this-year-300587577.html  Thought this was some good news keep a lookout.

Hoky

• hoky user photo

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:28 AM ( #81 )

I just wish they'd release the anniversary P1/2's in addition to the minis. Wondering why they're not doing that with how the minis are selling like hotcakes everywhere.

• Penguin-keeper likes this

Penguin-keeper

• penguin-keeper user photo

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:50 AM ( #82 )

I just wish they'd release the anniversary P1/2's in addition to the minis. Wondering why they're not doing that with how the minis are selling like hotcakes everywhere.

Having not received my Anniversary P2 yet, this is just a guess, but I wonder if it has to do with having to make a whole new batch with the English-language ROM and different shells in order to this? At least for the P1s (I never owned a P2 back in the day, so I don't know if this also applies there), the menus used text and not pictures.

This wasn't an issue for the 20th Anniversary Mini, since it contains no text, so they didn't have to deal with any localisation issues - they just released it as-is, but in different packaging. As far as I know, it's also the only release where they didn't censor/replace Obaketchi, too, as a result.

Hoky

• hoky user photo

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:29 AM ( #83 )

Having not received my Anniversary P2 yet, this is just a guess, but I wonder if it has to do with having to make a whole new batch with the English-language ROM and different shells in order to this? At least for the P1s (I never owned a P2 back in the day, so I don't know if this also applies there), the menus used text and not pictures.

This wasn't an issue for the 20th Anniversary Mini, since it contains no text, so they didn't have to deal with any localisation issues - they just released it as-is, but in different packaging. As far as I know, it's also the only release where they didn't censor/replace Obaketchi, too, as a result.

I figured it was probably the translation as well, but really the only things that needs translating are "Discipline, Happy, Hungry, yr and lb" and you could probably leave lb at kg at this point in time, so I imagine it can't be that challenging. And yeah, with the 20 years of growing interest in Japanese culture that America now has under its belt, Obaketchi's probably not something that needs to be edited anymore. (Now than I think about it, Tamagotchi was one of the first things that really ushered in the age of interest in JP culture in America...)

• Penguin-keeper likes this

nursinggirl747

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:46 AM ( #84 )

http://us.tamagotchifriends.com/2018/01/24/back-by-popular-demand/ This is the same news straight from Bandai.

• Hoky likes this

nursinggirl747

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:12 AM ( #85 )

If anyone finds the wave 2 tamagotchis for pre-order  please post it here. I Really want one of the flocked tamagotchies.