P's vs Mix?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MewVenus

Reaction score
Hey there! So I've been into Tamagotchi since I was about 11 when I had my little Tamagotchi Connection v3. I loved all the features the connection offered, the games and the career system were really cool! I bought Tamagotchi Friends for my sisters and myself a few years ago, which got me looking into the color versions and I'm finally in a place where I can get one so yay! :)

I've narrowed down my search to a top 2, the P and the Mix, specifically the Sanrio version. I like all the customizations and add-ons you can get with the P, but the gene mixing feature is so cute! I will hopefully get both one day, but which one is a better start? Additionally, how expensive are the pierces for the P?

Welcome back to the hobby! :)

Personally, I'd go with the P's. It's as you mentioned: thanks to Mr. Blinky, there are lots more things you can do now with the P's (virtual deco pierces), and it can be patched to English, if that's something you're interested in. The physical pierces themselves, unfortunately, vary greatly in prices these days, depending on how "rare" they are (Sanrio and Disney ones, for example). If I remember correctly, when they first came out, they retailed for about $15-20 each. On Ebay, the least expensive ones are still about $20 but I have seen the harder-to-find ones go for 4 or 5 times that amount. Fortunately, Mr. Blinky has made it so that you can download the pierces as a "virtual deco pierce plus" (only some are available thus far) onto your P's so you don't even need to buy the pierces.

I haven't played too much with my M!x recently but from what I've seen, the gene mixing feature, while new and novel, gets tired after a while, because certain characteristics show up over and over again. Kind of defeats the purpose of getting "new" or a potential "infinite" number of mixes.

Now, I've heard you need a special device to transfer those onto your P's. What is a needed for that? Is it expensive? D:
Yes, you'd need an IRDA device to beam over the downloads via infrared. I myself have a Palm Treo. Relatively easy to use and inexpensive on Ebay. I think when I bought mine a few years ago, it came out to $10-15 with the device, cords, shipping, fees, etc. included. :)

I would also vote P's, hands down! I've played with one on and off since release, and I always find myself going back to that version when I want to run something.

The M!x is fun and cute for a little bit, but there's not really any progression (in my opinion). You kind of just keep doing the same thing over and over only to see what your next generation will look like.

With the P's, at least you can collect characters and work towards completion of the map. The virtual pierces offer so much on top of almost being "endless" since Mr. Blinky keeps releasing new characters :) Even without virtual pierces/having something to transfer with, I'd still recommend P's over M!x just because of built-in content.

Well shoot I wish I weren't so impatient. I bought the Sanrio Mix shortly after posting this '^^ But! I don't plan on it being my last Tama, not by a longshot, so I'll probably be getting myself a P's in the next couple months. I'm planning on starting a log soon so I'm sure y'all will see it there haha But yeah, thanks for the input! I honestly thought about not even getting a P when I saw how expensive the Deco Pierces were, but now that I know VDPs are a thing, I can't wait to order it! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back