Pinkbutterflies's 4U Tama Log (+pics)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkbutterflies

Reaction score
After the announcement of the US release of new Tamagotchi, my nostalgia continued to build until it finally got the best of me. I bought a 4U.

It's been a long time coming, I think. I raised V2, V4(+.5), and V5 back in the day. I read tama logs as color tamas became a thing, but didn't have the means to get one myself. I haven't played any tamas in about 8 years now, but just last year I followed a few tama-related Instagram accounts. My interest and love for them never truly waned.

I lived in Japan for just over a month this January, and I began to regret not buying one when I lived in Japan (though to be fair, 5000¥ is a lot for a poor student already paying to live in Japan lol). With my 4U purchase, though, I'm actually happy I didn't. This one will still be Japanese language and I like the pure white design of this more than the blue Mix I would've purchased there. I'm also looking forward to potential face plate customization.

I used to love reading and writing tama logs (on Tama-Zone!) and I'm looking forward to having a tama again. And so it begins...!

6tg51t.jpg

Amazon offered me 2-day free shipping (blessed Prime free trial) so hopefully it'll be here in the next couple of days.

My 4U has arrived! I work sort of odd hours, so I was hoping that maybe it would be here by the time my lunch ended in late afternoon- not the case. When I came home for the night, though, the package was sitting on the counter!

After I made dinner I got to opening it up. The box was a little damaged, oh well.

Interestingly, the date and time were both Western-style entry. I was expecting for date to be day first, and time to be on the 24-hour clock. Neither were the case.

ndmvd1.jpg

Turning on the tama for the first time was sweet- (after accidentally resetting it five times trying to get the back of the case on again) a screen comes up that says “Chotto matte ne”- one minute, please! Cute. And probably the extent of my Japanese-reading ability! Haha.

I named myself the Japanese spelling of my name, Rinjii.

dw4ets.jpg

My happy lil egg bounced and rolled all over the screen before a pretty and sparkly hatching sequence, resulting in the hatching of a baby girl! Here she is, calling my name.

2yzlzpk.jpg

I was a little bit sad there was no naming feature per tama- I was kind of looking forward to naming each in Japanese. Oh well, I’ll just do it here- I’ve named her もも- Momo. Momo means peach, and momoirobara means pink rose, so it suits her ^_^ I also realize now it goes with my username on here! Pink squad.

Even though I was pumped that since this is made for children to use as well there wouldn’t be kanji (or at least Furigana- phonetic spelling) I stumbled a bit. When Momo got sick the first time, I really panicked not knowing how to cure her. I figured it out but it took a while :mellow:

I spent my hour or so with baby Momo feeding her, playing games, and just getting a feel for the tama. We went to the Tama Depa, I accidentally sent her to the café with no money and cancelled after a nice Maidtchi greeted us, and she had fun exercising at the park. She looked so sweet taking her nap, so I snapped a pic.

znn7gh.jpg
34614ht.jpg
j5cron.jpg

Momo then evolved into this sweet tam, and she is ADORABLE.

2cdu1li.jpg

2aiescp.jpg

Is she a sugar cube? A bell? I don’t care. I love her. I actually don’t know what characters are on this unit- I know little to nothing, so it’s all new to me. Looking at her profile, it seems she is a Pannakotchi. I just googled and she’s meant to resemble panna cotta. Amazing. I’ve never seen this tama before, it’s exciting to not know what characters I’m going to get! My last tama I ran was a 4.5 for at least 30 generations, and it got boring knowing EXACTLY what adult I would get based on the skill points.

As I played with her, I felt my love for Tamagotchi coming back full force. We’re back!

[SIZE=10.5pt]When I was at work yesterday I had Momo with the sitter until the afternoon. As the day went on I could keep a better eye on her myself, so I brought her to the café where she ordered some nice soba noodles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

2uo0to2.jpg

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I'm definitely a night owl, so I was sad when I remembered she’s a child and goes to bed at 8 pm! I could barely play with her yesterday, but I did get some training in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She was with the sitter for a few hours earlier today because I take a class on Saturday mornings, but I've been hanging out with her since. It's been cloudy on my tama the past few days, which makes me a little bit sad, Momo and I both have yet to see the beautiful blue skies. A dinner-platter looking tama came to talk to her outside of her house, and she wistfully started sending off notes. I wonder who to![/SIZE]

2vv6x01.jpg
152ibdz.jpg

I also started filling in the info on my profile. It was fun to go through and see everything they asked. I was surprised that one of the questions is who do you like, haha- getting personal. I have a boyfriend, but his name doesn't translate well to Japanese so I put the name of my favorite singer instead. I listed my life goal (or future wish) as happiness and my favorite food as eggs (fitting).

A bit of a fun note- after my class today I went to a Korean food festival. I bought kimbap and a matcha drink that looked like the coffee I got every morning from convenience stores in Japan. Here's my lovely tama with my lovely haul-

205tv7t.jpg

I think Momo will evolve tomorrow morning, as I started her up after her now-bedtime on the night she hatched. Her care hasn't been 100%, but I'm doing alright for how busy I've been. So far I don't love the games. None of them are anywhere close to how addicting I found Heading and Slots on the V2, hopefully there will be more as she ages.

It's funny, I know I indicated in my first post that I was glad I didn't get a Mix in Japan, but now I kind of want one. The concept of actually mixing the tamas for their kids is so different! I always kind of wished that Tamas would take more obviously after their parents in some way. When I was younger and had a diary I would actually draw Punnett squares in it (lol), I've always been interested by genetics. I can't drop another $40 just yet.. I need to make sure I'm actually going to run Tamagotchi in the long haul again before I spend more. But man is it tempting.

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

It was so fun reading through your journey of getting a new tamagotchi, I personally kinda can relate to your story cause the last time i played with my tamagotchi was also around 8-9 years ago. I still have so many good memories of my v4. And omg as you said too, as soon as I heard that they are releasing the retro ones my nostalgia kicked in and I had to buy a tamagotchi again. Currently Im waiting for the shipment to come and I cant wait to play with my new ID L :) !!! Hopefully its not gonna break and then disappear through the years like my v4 :(

By the way I look forward for you to discover your new Tama and make good memories 🎉

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey jiotisss01, thanks for the comment! You have to let me know how you like your ID L ^_^

Today I woke up to see that Momo evolved to a Meloditchi! I actually quite like the feature that shows you the character name. None of the US Connections do that, and it allowed me to simply google her character instead of an entire chart, which would spoil other characters for me.

IMG_3981.jpg

She is the cutest. I also really like that she seems to have the same eyes she had as a kid?? It’s probably a coincidence but very cool nonetheless.

Earlier she met a Mimitchi in the park (so cute!) and I bought her a plant. I thought maybe she’d be able to plant it outside, but it seems to have the same functionality as the V2 where they just interact with it and watch it grow. She also dislikes her plain rice now, so I’ve been bringing her to the café for meals. I got her some Udon noodles (which were my favorite in Japan) and they’re her favorite too! YAY.

s28ldd.jpg
2cdbkf4.jpg

Pictures of Momo (or me) reacting to eating udon

j9vse8.jpg

We also finally had some clear skies today! This morning was bright. The afternoon was overcast and grey again, but for sunset we saw some orange clouds and now a clear night sky. I’m tempted to look up if I can get her to interact with her yard in more ways.

Momo is still awake beside me right now- if her bedtime is 10 pm, I like that a lot. If she wakes up later than 7 am I will like that even more lol. Also, the games are growing on me, the dance instructor is so cute.

So she just fell asleep as I was writing this, her bedtime is indeed 10 pm. One bonus picture:

3005j6x.jpg

She takes off her hat to sleep. My heart! :chohimetchi:

Sounds like you have a lot of fun with your new Meloditchi :) , also the animations look realy cuteeee (especially the one in the restorant). As soon as i will get mine i will send a picture too !

Now that we've entered the adult stage, there's obviously less to report on as Momo isn't growing anymore. I don't think I'll take her to the Matchmaker until Thursday, I'm really enjoying still figuring things out with her for now.

16iecu9.jpg

Her training (?) meter is hanging around this level as of today. It's actually a bit higher now than when I took this picture. I'm still trying to figure out her favorite sweet- I got lucky with the udon, haha.
b5fu6s.jpg
svrp1x.jpg

Last night I decided to remodel the house. I liked the look of the Retro room based on the small snip they show you, but when I actually applied it I didn't love it. I then opted for the Pastel room, which I ended up liking a lot more. It doesn't feel as home-y as the basic room, but it's very pretty. I changed the icons to the Gem theme as well and I'm loving the new look. I actually almost feel guilty cropping just down to the screen now, it's even prettier with my white tama, but I'm awful at getting good lighting to show it off!

15yt5s9.jpg

This morning I woke up to her doing a happy-hearts dance and saw that now in her Favorites list was "Mainichi Osewa" - everyday care. I guess it's a training reward you get for successfully caring for an adult for two days, or when they turn five.
One more pic of Momo, here she is saying "Let's play!" ("Retsu Purei!")

14dnaqf.jpg

Something I do love about the 4U is your tama interacting with you, coming up for a chat and asking you how you're feeling every morning.
I did a little googling yesterday and found that in order to fix up the yard, you need to touch your tama to an NFC-enabled device a few times. Unfortunately I have an iPhone, completely incompatible with my tam. My laptop can work as a tablet but downloading an NFC program also proved unable to work with the 4U. If anyone has any suggestions that do not involve me making a purchase, I'm all ears! Lol.

Clicked on this log to check it out and was happy to see you actually posted in it recently!! :) Momo is adorable, I love Meloditchi. I plan on buying a newer Tamagotchi model soon myself.

Hope to see more of your Tama adventures. That kimbap looks delicious too.

Thanks for the comment somebody2love! :D Meloditchi really is adorable, I wish I could keep her forever. That kimbap was delicious, and now I want more, haha.

Last night I got Momo's meter to be full! I finally got the right translation, it's an "Affection" meter. That puts a lot of pressure on me now to keep it high lol.

vpyo3r.jpg

1hqp1g.jpg
2nqeaz4.jpg

Just some pics of her being cute. I never got over her sleeping animation with her little hat on the ground. :wub:

My lunch break today was very eventful. First, I took Momo to the park where she spoke with an Oyajitchi, and her appearance changed. I'm still not really sure what happened.

xpaqgn.jpg

The Oyajitchi got me thinking that 7 is a good age for a tama to get married, and it also seemed perfect as it's been a week since I first started her up. I accidentally let the Matchmaker time out on her first visit - this sweet blue tam was the only one to make a repeat appearance. He was adorable and they were very cute together, so I let the wedding bells ring.

13yfr5h.jpg
6qhegm.jpg

What I DIDN'T realize is that with the 4U, your tama gets married and ditches you with the new egg immediately! It makes more sense that way- it never made sense that your first hatched from an egg and the rest were born live. However, I thought I'd still have the rest of the day with Momo :( You never even see them with the egg, which is kind of sad.

2mezssj.jpg
357fvjc.jpg

Live and learn- Momo had a son. I was torn on whether or not to name him カイ - Kai. I took great care of him for most of his babyhood- but by the very end of it I had to return to work, and he was fully hungry with two poops by the time I got back to him. I fixed him up but felt really guilty about it, haha. By then he had grown:

5a42t3.jpg

He's a Fuyofuyotchi and just precious! While I was still trying to decide on Kai as his name, I googled its Japanese readings- one of them is "ocean". Since he's now a jellyfish, I think it was fated. Also, he looks a lot like his father- blue color and tuft of hair and all ^_^

One thing I think I dislike about this Tamagotchi is that there doesn't seem to be any tracking of generations. There's no Gen ___ area in the menu, and I haven't (at least yet) seen any kind of family section. It makes me a bit sad, almost like there's no connection to my former tamas, just another random egg popped on screen and hatched for a full start-over. Of course, my money and items carried over, so I'm basically positive he is Momo's son, it would just be nice to have some kind of indication.

Kai had a pretty uneventful rest of his childhood. I managed to get him fully trained! With Momo, I only managed two trainings (missed out on getting her to bathe on her own) because I was still figuring the tam out. Because the child tamas will eat the free plain rice I managed to save up about 2000 more Gotchi points during his childhood. I've got a lot more to go to get that bicycle.

23h6ant.jpg
hrbg5i.jpg

This little character grew on me so much the longer I had him for. Those little pink cheeks are undeniably cute.

This morning he hung out with the sitter while I was busy, but after noon I had him running errands with me. I've had his sound on all day so I wouldn't miss his evolution this time around, and I didn't:

2ajus03.jpg
washzt.jpg

A Kuromametchi! In his childhood he looked a lot like his dad; now he's all his mom ^_^ I'm also very happy I ended up deciding on the name Kai now, it suits him well.

This is a bit of a quick post because I'm getting ready to go out to celebrate Halloween. I'm very excited, I'm repeating my costume from last year because it was Star Wars and I managed to befriend everyone who was also dressed from Star Wars, haha. I'm definitely going to leave Kai at home, probably unpaused- his hunger may drop by two or so by the time he gets to bed, but I should easily be able to fix him up in the morning.

Hi Knighttchi's Ballad, thank you for the comment! I'm glad you're enjoying the log :D Yeah, Halloween is this coming Tuesday, but a lot of people celebrate the weekend leading up to it too, at least in my experience.

245f3gp.jpg

Here's the little dude asnooze. These bedtime animations are just so cute.

I got home late last night, and just as I predicted Kai lost two hunger icons in the time I left before he slept. Unfortunately I also slept in very late today and when I finally woke up, Kai was down to all but one on the meter gone AND he was sick. I felt guilty about that one, but he's doing fine now. He's also a picky eater- there have been multiple food items at the cafe that he is upset to be presented with. Luckily I already found his favorite food- pizza!

qznehx.jpg

A nice surprise this morning: (after healing him from his unfortunate illness) the house is decorated for Halloween! It looks so good with the purple icons and pastel room, a really nice juxtaposition. This picture doesn't do the colors justice. I love it and hope this design sticks around in the house for a while. :nazotchi:

aagexl.jpg

Just a quick update with pics I took through the day. Kai came up to chat with me multiple times today, he is adorable and really a great character to have for Halloween time.

2hzplk0.jpg

I also found his favorite item is the soccer ball! It's funny, sometimes when he would chat with me he would mention "bo-ru" and I thought he was saying he wanted to go bowling. He was talking about the ball item. There was a great and lengthy animation about him playing soccer against a bunch of other tams and scoring a goal. I'm still loving the Halloween decorations and all the surprises this tama has in store!

I have no real updates other than I've been a pretty awful tama mom to Kai. He's been with the sitter while I'm working and I've had a lot going on in my personal life and events for holidays/weddings so I've been feeding him and playing games when I can, but basically not much else. I keep giving him his ball in an attempt to keep him happier, and to enjoy the fantastic animation that follows.

1rzqtf.jpg

This morning his care (affection?) meter hit 0, so I've made it my goal to fill it before I move to the next gen. Mostly because I feel guilty for not giving him better care up to now, but also somewhat because I can't start with a new baby at this point in time, I'm too busy! :p I guess that's one definite drawback to running a tama as an (almost) adult.

Today after I got home from work, Kai was.. not sick, I don't think, there was no skull. But he seemed almost like he was depressed. He refused to do anything until I healed him twice. I knew that this meant my tama could tell I was neglecting it as much as I knew I was. He was also at under 1000 Gotchi points. I decided to hunker down and play a lot of games with him, buy some items, and try to make up for basically ignoring him the past few days.

2prsq6h.jpg

I mostly thought this item was interesting because becomes what looks like the Gyroids from Animal Crossing, which are based on Japanese urns. What is this tama trying to say? :mellow:

You may recall me earlier saying that Kai was at 0 on his care meter when I woke up this morning. I'm really happy to say there's been a 360 shift since this morning- or quite literally, a 180! After playing some games and buying that urn item, I accidentally found that Kai's favorite snack is Popcorn- his fourth favorite thing. I finished the clover! I was never able to figure it all out for Momo, but here we are ^_^ His meter is now half full, at 6 years old.

2j45we1.jpg
35d3rz7.jpg

I'm glad his day turned around. :D

This morning I took Kai to the park, where he met Lovelitchi. He experienced an odd evolution similar to his mother's-

sdms5y.jpg

This time I actually knew what happened, but boy is he goofy. These second evolutions, so far, are really pretty strange and nothing I'd aspire for my tama to be, haha. He's Otakuromametchi, a play on Otaku, or geek. It's a real change from the cool cat Kuromametchi usually is, and it makes me feel bad for him lol. It's actually pretty good I guess that this happened, because I was considering the matchmaker and now I refuse to take him when he looks so desperate for a date ;) This look will disappear in two days of not meeting Lovelitchi at the park again.

I had a dream last night that I went to a thrift store and found a V3. I've been really wanting one since I started running tamas again. I actually do have a V3- I bought it in like 2010 for $11, new in package (those were the days). It's still in its packaging, with a sentimental design, and at this point I don't think I'll unbox it. So I'm casually looking into buying a used V3 in some places, maybe something will come of that :tarakotchi:

Now that I know I can basically keep an adult character on this tama for as long as I want, I am sad I didn't keep Momo for longer, but I guess that's one of the drawbacks of trying not to research anything and figure it out on my own.

352565h.jpg

I found that it's Lovelin that Kai is enamored with, Lovelitchi's alter ego. I know this because now when he comes to the screen to talk to me he talks about Lovelin, lol. I can relate, it is really easy to fall in love with beautiful and talented idols! Nonetheless, the character makes me a little uncomfortable and I can't wait for him to return to normal. His C-button animation is now him playing soccer with Lovelin (or imagining Lovelin is there- but I'm gonna pretend she actually is because it's less depressing haha).

I just took Kai outside and a little alien-looking man came along and played jump rope with him. The animation was very cute, and something happened that I haven't witnessed on this tama yet-

2h7ntw7.jpg

An English word! He's saying, "Oh no!" haha. I guess maybe he's meant to be an English-speaking character? If I got the event again I could probably figure it out, but I was too busy pulling out my phone to get a picture of this to read it all.

I just removed Kai's batteries because I'm getting ready to go to a wedding and won't be able to take care of him for the rest of the day. I'll set him back up tomorrow. This means I'm gonna have my fave character Otakuromametchi for a full extra day probably :blink: But it's the price I'll have to pay for some peace of mind at the wedding tonight.

Kai is great! Haha omg that crying pose for Otakuro is adorable. Yeah, I like the new Tamas a lot since you can keep your adult character for a long time.

Have fun at the wedding! :)

I just purchased a 4U so i am doing as much research as i can! This log is so adorable! I am in love with the different animations! especially how your tama chats with you! how sweet! i am def happy i purchased a 4U! also, i love kai~ Kuromametchi is my favorite tama! i find him so cute! :wub: ​I love this log! Have a marvelous time at the wedding!

Reading through this entire log & omg Momo is so cute! I love the color Tamas, I really need to get one of my own. Also YESSS kimbap is so good. Loving the pastel/jewel theme w/ your Tama too!

That's so sad that the adult doesn't stay around w/ the egg/baby. :( Kai looks adorable though! Kinda surprised there's no way to track generations/family though, kinda disappointing.

Also you should totally get a V3... just saying. (I'm totally not running one right now :p )

Latest posts

Back