Is my PC dying?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~SkrillexGotchi~

Reaction score
If anyone is a computer wiz, I need your help. Here is what happened.

It blue screened with a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and what failed was Atikmdag.sys (a file for our ATI Radeon video card). Once the restart percentage reached 60%, it glitched out. I manually shut it down, then rebooted it. It attempted Automatic Repair, but then blue screened with no error at all (except the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"). It restarted and it booted normally afterwards. I got really scared and panicked for a minute.

Is this a sign that my computer is dying?

I am running Windows 10 on a Hewlett-Packard series monitor and tower, if you guys want to know.

It sounds like your ATI Radeon driver(s) are likely corrupted or damaged. A Google search on the issue and file seems to support this as well.

It's possible it's fixed itself, but I advise reinstalling and/or updating the drivers.

Alternatively, you could back up your wanted files onto something like Google Drive, and then go to Start > Settings (Cog Wheel) > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset This PC and do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. If it's a software/driver issue, this may fix it. If it's a hardware issue, you've got a... more expensive problem on your hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like your ATI Radeon driver(s) are likely corrupted or damaged. A Google search on the issue and file seems to support this as well.

It's possible it's fixed itself, but I advise reinstalling and/or updating the drivers.

Alternatively, you could back up your wanted files onto something like Google Drive, and then go to Start > Settings (Cog Wheel) > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset This PC and do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. If it's a software/driver issue, this may fix it. If it's a hardware issue, you've got a... more expensive problem on your hands.
I have tried updating it, there are no updates for it whatsoever.

I may do the reinstall later once I get the memory diagnostic test done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back