Bandai Announces new Android & iOS Tamagotchi Forever App

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamapalace

Reaction score
tumblr_inline_ozvrm1I5ZR1toxdax_540.gif

Bandai Namco Entertainment just announced a new app, My Tamagotchi Forever is an Android and iOS app. The app is developed by Paladin Studios, and will be available in 2018 for free! At this time there is a soft launch in Canada, so you’ll be able to download it now!

The app appears to feature your favorite Tamagotchi characters in TamaTown! There also appears to be the familiar nurturing basic care functions as well as some cool new high tech augmented reality features that we just cant wait to get our hands on!

Here’s the official press release:

Since Tamagotchi’s first installment a lot of elements have evolved to take advantage of new technology. My Tamagotchi Forever will feature some of the classic as well as brand new game modes. The first introduction is Tamatown, a joyful town where all your Tamagotchi characters will live. This colourful place is where you can customise and collect new elements to have even more fun with your teeny tiny characters.
Along with the addition of Tamatown, there will be a lot more to experience in My Tamagotchi Forever:
+ Raise your Tamagotchi characters making sure you feed, wash, clean up and turn the lights out for a good night sleep keeping them happy and healthy.
+ Have fun with your Tamagotchi characters playing mini games and explore Tamatown together. Make friends with other Tamagotchi characters along the way.
+ Evolve your Tamagotchi characters from one type to another depending on how you care for them. You never know who they might become next!
+ Collect memorable moments shared with your Tamagotchi characters and the friendly town citizens.
+ Share your favorite moments with your friends.
+ Tickle your Tamagotchi characters. They love it!
+ Earn coins by playing mini games and levelling up!
+Unlock delicious food, cute costumes and colourful items to decorate Tamatown.
+ Compare your progression and Tamagotchi raising skills with your friends!

tumblr_inline_ozvrsdqjRg1toxdax_540.png
THIS SOUNDS AWESOME! TamaTown is back! Be sure to check out the My Tamagotchi Forever website to learn more & enter in the contest to become your very own Tamagotchi character! 2018 can’t come soon enough, unless you’re in Canada! Canadians - head over to the App Store & Google Play store NOW!

Yay! TamaTown's back! :)

Oh, and you know that Tamagotchi OC I made, Enogutchi?

I'm gonna submit her if I get picked for the draw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to give it a test but it appears to be unavailable for my device. I thought a Pixel would be powerful enough to run it :p

It only requires Android 4.2 and higher. I'm running Android 8.0.

Maybe its simply still being rolled out

Oh the Hype!!! :D ! I was just telling my husband the other day how they should of just made an official app for tamagotchis! exciting!!!

I just hope it isn't a micro-transaction nightmare. I much rather pay a larger amount upfront than infinite smaller micro-transactions.

Wouldn't call it a TamaTown since to my knowledge it doesn't really connect with any Tamagotchi version (I believe?), I sure hope they're not considering this the "color english tamagotchi" they teased us with a while back... Because no matter how good the app is, it won't replace an actual physical tamagotchi. I hope they're not getting lazy.

I'm not a fan of it from what I've seen, it doesn't feel tamagotchi enough and while I do love things that are for kids (duh!), this one feels a bit too babyish for me.

I have to agree it is crazy babyish and the sprites are more nightmare-ish than cute in my opinion. And the noises just add to it. I really dislike they noises they make it really only adds to the nightmares. And if it can poop all by itself all over the floor (in different rooms) when it is sleeping then why do I need to help it poop? And the whole idea of helping this thing poop is just creepy.

I am not a fan it's not cute and does not make me feel like I'm taking care of a tamagotchi at all (they can poop on their own) and it sends out a lot of notifications I got two in the span of 5 seconds telling me someone wants to give me money (as if bribery would make me play). There are better virtual pet apps that are free and aren't filled with micro transactions (the cthulu one is a personal favourite).

And this is not a colour tamagotchi replacement by any means. Not even close. The first tamagotchi virtual pet app and the angel app were a whole lot closer than this is.

and that is my opinion on the app

Was going to give it a test but it appears to be unavailable for my device. I thought a Pixel would be powerful enough to run it :p

It only requires Android 4.2 and higher. I'm running Android 8.0.

Maybe its simply still being rolled out
Btw, right now you can download the apk of other websites, and yes no virus. It runs perfect, so if anyone want to try it, just pm me and i will send you the link.

Btw, right now you can download the apk of other websites, and yes no virus. It runs perfect, so if anyone want to try it, just pm me and i will send you the link.
I actually tried the APK. It seems to load indefinitely. :lol:

Actually made me laugh a little

I like the App I have it on my Docomo phone and probably will get it on my Iphone for the official iOS version. The ads are INTENSIVE and beginning to frustrate me, but you do not need to pay to keep it alive.

The app is adorable judging by what I've seen, although probably not exactly my thing since I'm not the best at keeping track of mobile things (hint: my plants in Viridi, at least they don't need watering that often). I'm not so sure if my phone has enough memory left to download the app either, but at least I can always watch others play it. ^_^

Wish it'd hurry up and release in the US.

It's good to hear that it's not as time-intensive as an actual tama. I have the Classic Tamagotchi app, and it's cool, but a straight 1 for 1 tama representation on a phone just isn't as appealing to me.

It's not on the Play Store in the US? I'm in Canada, and it's already on the play store.

Because it's being beta tested in Canada. Just like Animal Crossing Pocket Camp was in Australia.

This app looks intensely cute, but I'm withholding my judgment until it becomes available worldwide, and I can try it myself. Some other app-related things I would be interested to see are: 1) another game in the Tamagotchi Corner Shop series, and 2) a western color-screen Tamagotchi with a companion app somewhat like the 4U.

Does anybody have an ETA on this? I know it says 2018, but my body is ready!!

My Tamagotchi Forever App Launching March 15!

tumblr_inline_p4u94c7U051toxdax_500.jpg

If you don’t live in Canada then you’ve probably been drooling over the My Tamagotchi Forever app ever since we broke the news back in November. The app had a soft launch solely in Canada, and we’ve got some great news; we’ve got a global launch date!

The iOS and Android app is set to go live on March 15th! You will see the My Tamagotchi Forever app in the Apple App Store on iOS and the Google Play Store on Android. The app is free but does offer in-app purchases.

So the countdown begins! How excited are you about the new app? Or have you been using it over the past few months with our workaround?

Psst.. how much longer until we see that new rumored Apple Watch app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back