Sign in to follow this  
T3hs0up

My Tamagotchi Forever

Question

Anyone heard of the new My Tamagotchi Forever app? I downloaded the APK for it if anyone is interested. It's pretty awesome, and SO CUTE!!

14 answers to this question

*Topic moved to 'Tamagotchi Apps / TamaTown' forum*

I'm psyched for it to come to America. It looks like it's partially aimed at people who grew up with Tamagotchi.

It's cool.I don't have an actual Tamagotchi,so this app actually makes me feel great! :)  ;)  :D

It's not available outside of Canada at all for now.

This just recently released in the US! I've been playing it and I really enjoy it. The extreme amounts of advertisements and micro-transactions are annoying, but I'm happy to support bandai creating something tamagotchi related.

I just got it today, it's so cute! Although it's kinda weird how you have to tap the character to help them go to the bathroom...

My little tama just evolved into a nikatchi - the teeth are too weird. I know it's supposed to be a teen, but it's like a toddler wearing fake teeth >_<

Now that I have a chance to play it, I have to say it's pretty meh to me. There's cute and there's obnoxious, and sadly, to me, it's more on the obnoxious side.

I've been playing since the official release some days ago and I can say that, having played the Canadian "beta", the game has evolved a bit. We now have the AR thing, clothes for babies and teens and some fixes here and there. However, it still has a lot to evolve since its not as fun as the actual toy imho. Being an App, they have the option to keep expanding it via updates that add locations, new tamas (PRETTY IMPORTANT!) and new things to do, so I hope Bamco and Paladin put a bit more of their effort on the game.

[quote name="Jhud" post="3354682" timestamp="1521392926"]Now that I have a chance to play it, I have to say it's pretty meh to me. There's cute and there's obnoxious, and sadly, to me, it's more on the obnoxious side.[/quote]

I just started playing and I definitely see what you mean. I just muted the app as a quick fix, hehe.

Has anybody got any hypotheses about what food combinations lead to certain characters? Apparently that's what impacts growth in this app. 

When I've put my Tamas on a fruits-only diet, twice I've ended up with Chamametchi...

I downloaded it when it first came out, and I thought it was a charming little app! The mini-games were fun enough and I decided it was worth the $2 to get rid of ads.

...but then I kept getting the same characters over and over. I read that different food yields different results, but I got Nikatchi and Kuchipatchi every time, despite dramatically changing up the diet. Plus, something about the app just isn't as fun as having a Tama on a separate device. So, I've uninstalled it for now, but I'll probably redownload once there's a greater variety of characters/mini games.

Has anybody got any hypotheses about what food combinations lead to certain characters? Apparently that's what impacts growth in this app. 

When I've put my Tamas on a fruits-only diet, twice I've ended up with Chamametchi...

I noticed that it marks some food as healthy, so I'm guessing healthy v non-healthy. So far, I've just fed my guys whatever they're asking for and I haven't gotten many duplicates. Hopefully they keep adding more characters, as the current pool is nice but still kinda small.