Santaclautch is Comin' to Town!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychotama

Reaction score
Hi everyone! In the spirit of the holiday season, I decided to write a log dedicated to the Santaclautch. I know that this tama is rather uncommon and a lot of people are curious about it. I think it will be good to have an organized space for me to write. I plan to update my main log soon because I have a lot to write there as well.

I got my Santa last February and ran it for a couple of weeks. I haven't gotten it out since then. I wanted to run it the two weeks leading up to Christmas day, so I started it up yesterday, December 11th.

25pn4mo.jpg

A bit of information about the tama.....

The Santaclautch isn't quite like any other tamagotchi. The goal of the tama is to help Santaclautchi find everything he needs to get ready for his Christmas ride. There are certain items that he needs and you have to find them playing the game and checking the advent calendar daily. There are a lot of items that can be discovered, but only 4 of them are the "essential" items. Instead of the typical evolution of tamagotchis, Santaclautchi changes form depending on which items you give him. This is usually an outfit change. So far, all of the forms I have gotten have been hilarious. This is a very comical tama.

An interesting feature is feeding. You don't have to feed Santaclautchi directly, you just stock his pantry with meals and snacks. He will eat them whenever he feels hungry. You have to make sure that the pantry stays stocked though.

The discipline bar is replaced with a meter to show how far away Santaclautchi is to bringing Christmas to Tamagotchi Planet. The more essential items you find, the quicker the meter fills up.

Sometimes Santaclautchi gets upset and runs away. I'm not really sure why he's such a baby, but he is. When this happens, you have to call Super Kuchipatchi to come save the day. There is an icon for this function. Super Kuchipatchi is literally a Kuchipatchi with a cape. He flies across the screen and drags a reluctant and indignant Santaclautchi back with him, depositing him onto the ground. This is so funny. I seriously laugh out loud every time it happens.

The game: The game is a typical tamagotchi guessing game. There are three chimneys and you have to decide down which chimney to send Santaclautchi. He can either find a sleeping tamagotchi, an item, or get covered in soot. The first two count as wins. This is the main method to finding the essential items. The more you play the game, the higher your chances of finding the items....and you'll need to play a lot because finding them is not easy!

dgnywo.jpg
2h4kf9s.jpg
242ftxw.jpg

The advent calendar: When you start up the Santaclautch, you have to put in the date. So, mine says 12/12 today. Apparently if you don't find all of the items before two weeks are up, you ruin Christmas for Tamagotchi Planet....no pressure right? Every day you can open the calendar to receive an item. It may or may not be an essential item.

There is also an icon that allows you to see into the world of a citizen of Tamagotchi Planet. It shows them getting ready for Christmas. I think this is a really cute feature. Yesterday, it was a Babytchi looking up at a wreath. Today it is a Tamatchi decorating a tree! I'm not sure if this is supposed to show a tama growing up, or if it's just a completely different home. Either way, I love it.

33n88if.jpg

I think this pretty much covers the mechanics of the tama. Now I will log my personal adventure with it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is day 2 with my Santaclautch. So far, I have yet to find any of the essential items. I haven't found any items at all in the chimneys, so my only two have been from the advent calendar. My first item from the calendar was a ball of yarn. When I gave this item to Santaclautchi, he turned into Snowboarding Santaclautchi! The item I received today looked like a roll of wrapping paper. This turned him into Sailor Santaclautchi. The actual outfit that was made for him looked like a dress to me, but he kind of looks like a sailor I suppose.

Snowboarding Santaclautchi
wtynhv.jpg
Sailor Santaclautchi
sxn0vn.jpg

Santaclautchi has run away a couple of times. I enlisted the help of Super Kuchipatchi and he always brings him back. I think if you wait too long though, he may run away for good forcing you to restart. Hopefully this won't happen ;)

I really love this tamagotchi. I think it is really creative and has a lot of really cute nuances. One more thing...the sound is so loud!! On mine anyway....it is the most shrill and obnoxiously tama I have ever heard. This kind of adds to the appeal though :lol: The sounds definitely make me think of Christmas.

*Shout out to Tinypic...so much better than Photobucket ever was.

I'm so excited to read this! If I ever read a Santaclautch log in the past, it was so long ago I've completely forgotten everything. Best of luck! And I'll be checking out your main log, too. ^_^

*Day 4 with Santaclautchi*

Missed a couple of days of logging, but it's alright. There's not too much to report with this tama.

I really shouldn't have been worried about not finding items....the third day, I suddenly found 6 items in the chimney right in a row! I have consistently been finding items ever since. I have found around 20 total! There are only a few varieties of items to find, but each one has multiple outcomes. I currently have like 6 wrapping papers, 5 of what looks like a paint brush or a flashlight...not really sure what it's supposed to be, and 3 balls of yarn. I'm kind of just hoarding items at this point because I don't like to use them all at once. I like to enjoy the different forms of Santaclautchi.

So far, I have gotten:

Skateboarding Santaclautchi
116l25k.jpg
Magician Santaclautchi
wunn7m.jpg
In addition to these, I have found 2 essential items! A hat, and a Santa suit.

Hat Santaclautchi
2ce1af6.jpg
Classic Santaclautchi
2h5lo9t.jpg

So, I have found 2 out of 4 essential items! I'm not really sure what happens when you manage to find all 4, but I'm excited to find out.

Some other news: The little Tamatchi that was enjoying Christmas has grown up into Mimitchi! (or this is just a different home, not sure)

2mqpwd5.jpg
Today, however, I checked and something terrible had happened. Debirutchi came and knocked over the Christmas tree!! This was very rude of him. I hope someone rights this wrong....

He looks very pleased with himself :p
2a0m0ao.jpg

Nothing much else to report. Santaclautchi has been overcome with the Christmas season blues a few times and run away. Super Kuchipatchi has always been there to cheer him up...however reluctant he may be to return ;)

I'm going to try out some of the items I've been hoarding soon, but I'm going to hang on to Classic Santaclautchi a little longer. He's very festive :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of excitement in Christmas land! Santaclautchi has jumped down countless chimneys and visited dozens of tamagotchi. He's also been covered in tons of soot ;) All of his hard work has paid off. I have found all four essential items! Santaclautchi's sleigh and his reindeer helper, Rednosetchi.

ma80nn.jpg
I was worried that we wouldn't find all of the items in time, but Christmas is saved! (I think).

In the last installment, Debirutchi had very rudely knocked over the Christmas tree and was gloating. The following day, Kuriten came by to help out! He was sprinkling some Angel magic on the tree.

723wx1.jpg

The day after that, all was well! A Ginjirotchi was happily enjoying the tree :)

35lrt04.jpg

Since I had found all of the items, I decided to try and see what other Santa variations I could get with my hoard of remaining items. Sadly, I discovered that once you have found an essential item, that item can only be made into the essential one, not a variation. Maybe this is confusing, I'll try to explain. Each item you find has the potential for 3 different outcomes when you use it. One is the essential item and the other two are different variations. Here are the four main items:

ru1nxs.jpg
2en0ww3.jpg
2lkv28w.jpg
a2wykh.jpg

So, now each of these items will only yield the essential variations: hat, santa suit, sleigh, and Rednosetchi. There are plenty of other variations that are possible, but once you find the essential one, you can't get any of the others. This was kind of a bummer because there were a lot of the other ones that I didn't get. Like Penguin Suit Santa! I really wanted that one :( Oh well, always next year. I need to stop being so good at finding the right items I guess ;)

So I thought that since I had found all the items, there was nothing else to do on the Santaclautch. Well, I was wrong! I was mindlessly playing the chimney game one day when I happened to discover an item I hadn't seen before! It looks like this:

jqkdic.jpg

I was very excited. Looks spooky right? Like an evil potion. Santaclautchi swallowed the potion and........Evil Santa emerged! This is by far my favorite variation so far. I've had him for a couple of days and I just don't want to change him. He's so cool! I think the name for him is technically "Prank Santaclautchi." He certainly looks capable of pulling off a few pranks....

lxfs9.jpg
auxlwo.jpg

There appears to be one more item that I have to find in the chimneys....there is a ? in one of the slots. By the way, these two items can only be found after finding all of the essential items. I'm not sure what the last item is but I hope to find it soon!

I love this idea for a blog! I've never known what the Santaclautch is like so it's really interesting to finally get an idea, I didn't know they were so different to normal tamas. The green shell is my favorite design for them, I love it. ^_^

Latest posts

Back