- - - - -
COMMENTS OK

Penguin-keeper's Zoo

comments ok tamagotchi log zoo

• Please log in to reply

Penguin-keeper

• penguin-keeper user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:55 AM ( #52 )

Super Gyaoppi: To my surprise, when the penguin woke up this morning he had changed forms again...

hBz6cBs.jpg

... And he'd gone back to the chest-beating fat penguin form from before!

I understand from having watched this video about the Super Gyaoppi's history feature that these guys go through a lot of forms in one run, so I can't wait to see what he changes into next!

• Hoky and Porg like this

Hoky

• hoky user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:18 AM ( #53 )

I'm glad you always provide links to stuff. Makes it super easy to learn more without extra effort. XD

The penguin is rad!

• Penguin-keeper likes this

Penguin-keeper

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:02 AM ( #54 )

Today has once again been super-uneventful for the Shuku 20 Shunen Tamagotchi P2 and the Super Gyaoppi, so I just figured that I'd share a random thought.

I'm going to wager that most folks don't know how to pronounce "Gyaoppi", and since the Super Gyaoppi is one of the most frequently-mentioned virtual pets in this log, I just wanted to talk about that for a moment. I've heard some amusing pronunciations of Gyaoppi out there (with the very awkward "Guy-ah-opp-pee" seemingly being the most common), so I just figured that I'd share some insight into it.

The original Gyaoppi was a dinosaur virtual pet. The first part of the name is, as far as I know, an onomatopoeia for a dinosaur's roar or call. It's pronounced like "gyow" - just like "yow" but with a hard "G" added at the start.

So the correct pronunciation of Gyaoppi is basically the two-syllable "Gyow-pee".

I'm glad you always provide links to stuff. Makes it super easy to learn more without extra effort. XD

The penguin is rad!

Hey, no problem - for me, sharing the links is part of the fun of what I'm logging! :D

After all, I know that my focus is on stuff that's more obscure than what most other folks are covering, and I think that it's fun to give a bit more spotlight to virtual pets other than Bandai's iconic originators of the category. Moreover, I hope that some of my observations in this log might help to provide information that others might be looking for about these virtual pets!

Edited by Penguin-keeper, 14 February 2018 - 10:05 AM.

• Hoky likes this

Penguin-keeper

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:34 PM ( #55 )

Super Gyaoppi: Late last night, some time after I had posted yesterday's log-entry, the penguin changed again. I didn't take a photo, however, as he simply changed back into the wild-eyed spinning form!

I was slightly disappointed, but I presume that this is because I keep a close eye on the little guy's care, which might have ruled out a change to a different form.

Penguin-keeper

Posted Yesterday, 10:36 AM ( #56 )

The Shuku 20 Shunen Tamagotchi P2 and Super Gyaoppi are such easy-going virtual pets that I've really got nothing to report on at the moment!

I will say, though, that it's worth pointing out that the Happy meter on the Super Gyaoppi decreases more quickly than the Hungry meter, and it takes more successfully-completed games in order to fill it than it takes food to fill the Hungry meter, too - and you can't use snacks to quickly fill the Happy meter if you're in a hurry, either. It's not a big problem, since the Happy meter still lasts for a long time even if you can only fill it a little bit, but it is worth pointing out just in case anybody else is considering picking one up.

It's still one of my favourite virtual pets of all time, even so, and I really like the fact that it differentiates itself from Bandai's iconic virtual pets in pretty sensible ways.

• Hoky likes this

Penguin-keeper

Posted Today, 12:10 PM ( #57 )

My Penpy arrived today! :D

Penpy is a Gyaoppi-based dedicated penguin virtual pet, though it's not the same as the penguin that appears on the Super Gyaoppi 9 in 1, as it has completely different games (one of which can't be played until he's a little bit older) and graphics, as well as treating the "drink" feeding option differently (you can't give him a drink at first, he'll only eat).

My only gripe with it is that the buttons are a bit difficult to push. I've opened it up, and I can see that this is unfortunately due to somewhat poor design, rather than any problems.

Still, it's a Gyaoppi-based penguin pet, so there's really not a lot that can go wrong here - and I was able to get it in a nice colour, too! (I think that the green one is the best-looking of the colours that Penpy was released in.)

Penpy: Upon starting up this virtual pet...

1AraRAy.jpg
... I was greeted by an egg that was covered in "P".

0tjWe0l.jpg
While I waited for the penguin chick to hatch, I took a look at the clock. It's the typical clock that you get on Gyaoppi-based virtual pets - it has a cute little face depicting the animal, which bounces around in time with the seconds-counter.

6lfvVpG.jpg
Soon enough, the little penguin hatched, and immediately started looking adorable.

Right now, he's just a little penguin-face, who's bouncing around in a manner similar to Babytchi. He's really cute, and I can't wait to see what he grows into.

He also doesn't seem to be very needy, at least so far. With any luck, this means that Penpy will be out of the typical good Gyaoppi mould (that is, not like Chuppi), and will be quite easy-going and fun to take care of, with lots of interesting transformations along the way.

Edited by Penguin-keeper, Today, 12:11 PM.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted Today, 12:23 PM ( #58 )

I love the little penguin face! Reminds me of Pinga, Pingu's sister, from Pingu! :D

• Penguin-keeper likes this

Penguin-keeper

Posted Today, 12:57 PM ( #59 )

I love the little penguin face! Reminds me of Pinga, Pingu's sister, from Pingu! :D

Wow, I didn't even notice that - well-spotted! :lol:

He's a very quiet little chap, it must be said, both in terms of not being very demanding, and in terms of the beeps not being especially loud!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: COMMENTS OK, comments ok, tamagotchi log, zoo