shower thoughts

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaidman

Reaction score
think about this: we smell everything we eat, but we don't eat everything we smell.

that is unless you have compulsive desire to eat everything that has a scent, or have no sense of smell, this is true.

you've actually never seen yourself with your own eyes, only with dirty mirrors and pictures.

you are constantly staring at your own nose, but your brain chooses to ignore it. yeah, now it's bothering you, isn't it.

when you shut your eyes real hard, like push hard, it makes a sound only you can hear. ive noticed this because of ,long nights in the dark unable to sleep.

other people use your name more than you do. which is sad, because it's yours.

the worst thing in the world is being conscious of your own blinking or breathing (sorry) and I think it would even be torture to be reminded of it every five minutes. I'd go crazy.

we don't ever really consciously think about what we are saying. that little voice in your mind is usually turned off, and it is really fun to think thoughts to yourself that no one else can hear. heh heh Melissa your bangs are too long!

Some of these are rather intriguing. But...

other people use your name more than you do. which is sad, because it's yours.
Actually, it is surprising how so many conversations start up without a greeting (thus no name is used) and one can talk to somebody without using their name. After all, if you look at someone and start talking or give a command, the implication is "I'm talking to you". Next to that, all my internet friends call me by a pseudonym - one even progressing from an obvious pseudonym to false (acknowledged) name - and my own family refer to me by a nickname, if they use my name at all. Although, yeah, I don't use my own name when I think but then I seldom think about myself as a whole instead of parts, like "my hands feel cold".

we don't ever really consciously think about what we are saying.
I tend to think of this more as we have "non-verbal understanding" when we talk. Basically, when a person talks they already know what they want to say so clearly that there is no need to verbalize it in their minds, as if it is simply a shape. In that sense, they have "thought" about what they are saying because the shape has appeared in their minds.

Not a shower thought, but it's been recently discovered that we have no free will in the common sense of the term.

Rather, our subconscious minds make decisions and then our conscious minds rationalize them afterward.

Perhaps that explains some of the crazy suggestions I've gotten, although I have instinctively spasmed at some of them with a definite "absolutely not!" so I don't think my subconscious could ever follow through on that decision without my conscious mind. I also wonder if you, Kuchikid, might have come to that conclusion by noticing the seemingly unthinking actions people make, like walking over somewhere or picking up something. For those actions I feel a person's mind has the "non-verbal understanding" that those things are okay to do, a state of mind which would quickly evaporate if they thought "let's go rob a bank" because that is clearly unacceptable.

Not a shower thought, but it's been recently discovered that we have no free will in the common sense of the term.

Rather, our subconscious minds make decisions and then our conscious minds rationalize them afterward.
This could explain why people don't always do what's more "rational" or "better for them". We are strange beings. Can you link the scientific article?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Iza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back