Does anybody remember this book?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iza

Reaction score
Hello there!

As I've mentioned in my log, I started taking dance lessons. So I remembered a book I had when I was little, about a girl who wanted to learn ballet. I don't remember many things about it. I don't even remember if the little girl started taking classes, I just remember she visited a theater and she was amazed. It was kind of an educational book too, because it showed some things like this picture, which is the only one I managed to find from it, by searching relevant keywords:

l82e5t6.jpg

The strange thing is that I don't even remember in what language it was written, I was that young. Judging by this picture I think it was in french, which makes sense because my mother grew up in France (in the 70s) and it looks old enough. Maybe it used to be hers. But she doesn't remember it. I also remember this book had another story in it (or maybe it was another book from the same series... I know I'm not helping :p ), about this same girl learning to ride a bicycle with her dad or grandpa. There were pictures about bike safety, how to notify the other people that you're turning, etc. She also had a flat tire at some point and there was a picture of dad or grandpa helping her fix it.

So... Does anybody know this book?

I FOUND IT! Martine, petit rat de l' opera and Martine fait de la bicyclette. ^_^

*nostalgia*

Omg, I somehow I felt like it might be Martine, but I wasn't sure. Since it's a french book and I wasn't sure if Martine was polish or not (I'm polish and the books are called "Martynka"). I don't remember them that much, but I remember that I liked them. Now I'm kind of nostalgic too!

I can still see them in kiosks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Iza
Omg, I somehow I felt like it might be Martine, but I wasn't sure. Since it's a french book and I wasn't sure if Martine was polish or not (I'm polish and the books are called "Martynka"). I don't remember them that much, but I remember that I liked them. Now I'm kind of nostalgic too!

I can still see them in kiosks.
Is it that famous? :D I don't think it ever came to Greece.

I think it's pretty famous here in Poland. They are considered good entry books for kids, as it has a decent amouunt of text AND interesting pictures. I remember really loving the pictures!

Reactions: Iza
I think it's pretty famous here in Poland. They are considered good entry books for kids, as it has a decent amouunt of text AND interesting pictures. I remember really loving the pictures!
Me too ^_^ I didn't really understand the text, although my mother must have translated it to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back