Angelgotchi emergency room

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kira_glow

Reaction score
I got a blue angel a few years back. After a while, it stopped reacting to my tapping, and it became difficult to care for it as i couldn't chase away bats trying to torment it. I tried opening it up to fix it, but i couldn't find the damaged part and upon reassembling it, i found that it no longer worked correctly. (as in, screen flickering, erratic movements and random resets)

I've decided that i want to see if i can repair it. This post is gonna be me documeting my findings! I would post pictures, but my camera is out of batteries and i don't want to wait for it to recharge.

step 1: open the batter cover. Right off the bat, one of the battery contacts has a tiny bit of green corrosion on it. It hasn't had a battery in, and i don't know if that was there when i put it away after i broke it. I got some rubbing alcohol, but i accidentally spilled some on my desk. now my workspace is clean!

step 2: open the body. There's some sticky business inside, but i know i didn't get it wet when i had it running. Is that normal? I'm wiping off the sticky stuff. it feels like dried up mechanical lubricant. the speaker's also a little grimy... there's a fingerprint on it, and i'm almsot certain it's not mine! wiped that off.

got msot of the fine corrosion off the battery contacts. I'm going to look closer at the rest of it to see if i see anyhting wrong. Also, has anyone actually found what in an angel senses the tapping? I don't see anyhting that looks like a motion sensor, except maybe the speaker, but that's the speaker.

step 3: put it back together. I wiped down the circuitry with alcohol, let it dry and now everythign is abck in place. i don't see any kind of weirdness elsewhere, so i can only hope the errors were from the corrosion i wiped off. my batteries are a little iffy, so i'm going to put in new ones.

also, side note: the little plastic wishbone shape that goes in along the screen is a pretty pearly pink color. Is this the same color as the pink angel's body? wouldn't that be neat if the pink one had a blue piece in it as well?

MOMENT OF TRUTH,,,,

IT WORKED

I'm so excited! it looks like i got it working again, its screen is staying on with no flickering and, after a little drop test on my desk with no reset, it looks perfectly fine! In fact, once i got my obake 2, i found that the tap sensor works too now! This literally could not have been more successful!

Something to note, this angel was pretty quiet when it was last working, and now it seems that wiping the grime fof the speaker has made it a little louder as well.

Thanks for reading my journey! I was expecting it to end in failure, but sometimes things just work out.

I should probably give this a shot with my Morino since he's super quite 99% of the time as well. Thanks for the great step-by-step guide!

About your tama surgery, you mentioned the little wishbone piece was pink and you wondered if the pink angel had a blue wishbone piece. I own a pink angel and I'm just about to finish my run with it, around a week or so more. Is it difficult to open up this tam? I've honestly been intrigued about the color of the wishbone inside and I'd like to know if it is blue too, I'm just worried that I will break my poor angel.

About your tama surgery, you mentioned the little wishbone piece was pink and you wondered if the pink angel had a blue wishbone piece. I own a pink angel and I'm just about to finish my run with it, around a week or so more. Is it difficult to open up this tam? I've honestly been intrigued about the color of the wishbone inside and I'd like to know if it is blue too, I'm just worried that I will break my poor angel.
it's not difficult at all! It's really jsut a matter of not losing the screws and putting things back how you found them. When putting an angel's screen back in, though, put the wishbone in first and then push the screen in against it as you put it back in! It's there to keep the screen in place, i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back