Tamagotchi Plushes Appearing On Shelves

tamagotchi plushes

• Please log in to reply

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:30 PM ( #1 )

tumblr_inline_p5ie93R0i81toxdax_500.jpg

Tamagotchi fans across the United States have discovered that some retailers that are carrying Tamagotchi products have started carrying new Tamagotchi plushes.

These Tamagotchi plushes feature Mametchi, Mimitchi, Kuchipatchi, and Ginjirotchi. These plushes feature the vintage version of each character, and even squeak as you squeeze them. There currently is very limited information on these plushes in terms of pricing and availability, but we did see some Hot Topic stores in the United States as well as several independent retailers carrying these.

As more information rolls in, we will be sure to keep you updated. Don’t these plushes look ever so adorable? We are just loving the vintage appearance of our favorite characters!

• cmarie, Knighttchi's Ballad, AnniChu and 1 other like this

Replies

Views

Started

13 Mar 2018

Last Post

21 May 2018

cmarie

• cmarie user photo

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:34 PM ( #2 )

I can't wait to find them!!!!  They are so cute!

Penguin-keeper

• penguin-keeper user photo

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:04 PM ( #3 )

I've previously said in other threads that I hope that what Bandai is doing at the moment is an attempt to revive the Tamagotchi brand in the West, and this makes me suspect it even more. This is great news!

I hope that we see these in the UK soon. I've got a vintage Tarakotchi here who'd probably be happy to have some company! :lol:

Edited by Penguin-keeper, 20 March 2018 - 08:05 PM.

• Hoky likes this

Unakachi

• unakachi user photo

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:36 AM ( #4 )

I did manage to grab a Mametchi plushie from Gamestop for around 13$ USD. Hopefully the US can get Tamagotchi M!X sometime soon

tamaninjacat

• tamaninjacat user photo

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:05 PM ( #5 )

I want all of these! The Mimitchi and Mametchi ones are especially cute (their faces in particular  :mimitchi: :3  :mametchi: ._.).

Penguin-keeper

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:33 PM ( #6 )

These are now available on Amazon.com for $13.03 each. Amazon.com (and not third-party sellers) carrying them means that they ship to a number of other countries outside of the US, too.

I've just ordered Mimitchi. :D

Here are the links to each of the four plushes;

Mametchi

Kuchipatchi

Ginjirotchi

Mimitchi

They're all quite low on stock right now, so good luck to anyone who goes for one!

Edited by Penguin-keeper, 21 March 2018 - 03:35 PM.

TheYatagarasu

• theyatagarasu user photo

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:15 PM ( #7 )

Just ordered Mametchi even though there was a shipping fee and the exchange rate in my country is horrid.  My inner five-year-old is SCREAMING WITH JOY right now.  I've loved Mametchi since I was a little girl, especially the chubby dot-eyed Mametchi of yore, and now I'll have a Mametchi to hug. 

Anyone who wants a Mimitchi - hurry!  There's only one left! 

• Penguin-keeper likes this

assbread

• assbread user photo

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:16 PM ( #8 )

I want them all. I've been stalking out every store near me for the past week. ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ✧

• furrme27 likes this

TheYatagarasu

• theyatagarasu user photo

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:02 AM ( #9 )

Plush-Mametchi arrived in the mail yesterday and I can say I'm totally thrilled.  He's a lot better quality that I expected - a more vibrant yellow than even in the above picture, true to his 1990s art, well-sewn with nice even facial features (no wonky eyes or mouth thank goodness) and SOFT.  He's made of that lovely Minky fabric, not the awful fairground-prize, shiny stuff you see everywhere.  

If you have a fondness for any of the vintage Tamagotchi characters you won't be disappointed picking up one of these.

Penguin-keeper

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:56 PM ( #10 )

Plush-Mametchi arrived in the mail yesterday and I can say I'm totally thrilled.  He's a lot better quality that I expected - a more vibrant yellow than even in the above picture, true to his 1990s art, well-sewn with nice even facial features (no wonky eyes or mouth thank goodness) and SOFT.  He's made of that lovely Minky fabric, not the awful fairground-prize, shiny stuff you see everywhere.  

If you have a fondness for any of the vintage Tamagotchi characters you won't be disappointed picking up one of these.

They look nice in the pictures, and it's good to know that this carries through to the final plushes.

My Mimitchi is still winging his way over to the me. I'll post a picture once he arrives. :D

• TheYatagarasu and assbread like this

KidRetro64

• kidretro64 user photo

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:01 PM ( #11 )

Nice, I have seen these at GameStop before!

Penguin-keeper

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:32 PM ( #12 )

Because I would've been double-posting if I'd tried to post here yesterday, I've shared some thoughts and photographs on these plushes in a separate thread here.

4drBhQu.jpg

Still, here's Mimitchi with Tarakotchi (a beanie from the old days). ;)

I'm hopeful that these new plushes will mean good things for the future of the Tamagotchi brand in the West.

• Coryn Asur and Knighttchi's Ballad like this

Jemsey

• jemsey user photo

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:31 PM ( #13 )

DID YOU GUISE KNOW THEY HAVE SQUEaKIES IN THEM?!

Penguin-keeper

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:38 AM ( #14 )

DID YOU GUISE KNOW THEY HAVE SQUEaKIES IN THEM?!

Oh wow, I didn't know that! I just tried it with my Mimitchi, and you're right, they do! :lol:

• Coryn Asur likes this

Coryn Asur

• coryn-asur user photo

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:23 PM ( #15 )

This is the kind of content I live for! I'm not sure if there will be any Tama plushies in the local GameStop here but one can always go and check.  :lol: And if there aren't any, searching online is always an option. I just need that Mimitchi, she's adorable! Though I'm tempted to get Mametchi too, so they could be the bunny hat buddies.

Penguin-keeper

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:13 PM ( #16 )

This is the kind of content I live for! I'm not sure if there will be any Tama plushies in the local GameStop here but one can always go and check.  :lol: And if there aren't any, searching online is always an option. I just need that Mimitchi, she's adorable! Though I'm tempted to get Mametchi too, so they could be the bunny hat buddies.

If it helps, Amazon.com has restocked them! The links can be found earlier in this thread.

• Coryn Asur likes this

Jemsey

• jemsey user photo

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:07 PM ( #17 )

I got my Mimitchi on Amazon! Also, I found the squeaker by accident, and I love it. It makes me think that Tamas naturally speak in squeaks and beeps like the toy noises.  *ignores anime.*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamagotchi, plushes