How do you name your tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirorirotchi

Reaction score
I typically take random inspiration from whatever's around me if I don't already have a name in mind. For example, my Mimiyoritchi is named Lucky because she's the first hatch in the tamagotchi i got that is the same shell as my very first one was. My mini, on the other hand, is named Seven because he's the light blue with pink numbers shell and the biggest number on the shell is 7.

The tamas I'm currently running are named Zelda, Peach, and Celly (short for Celica), so video game names seem to be a reoccurring theme for me. It's better then how I used to name my tamas, which just consisted of fairly common names... :p It's astounding how many tamas I named "John" when I was younger.

I love giving my Tamas very ostentatious names that were popular a century or two ago. Names that are bigger than the Tamagotchi, if you will. Recent ones include Evangeline, Julius, and Balthazar. I don't care if I had to shorten them in the naming screen!

But when I'm feeling silly, I'll name my Tama based on my first impression of how they look or act. I was struggling for a name for my Tama on my iDL but then she evolved into Shigurehimetchi, and was immediately dubbed "Princess Watermelon", the only way I could describe how she looked.

I name my tamas after videogames characters, anime, vocaloid, and sometimes I pick a name from those japanese name lists from internet xD (well, for my akais)

Right now my tamas are named Sabrina (from pokemon, Saffron City's gym leader) and Sakura (a baby dragon from Spyro 3) ^-^

Games and anime for me as well. I just let my M!xes name themselves (since they make portmanteaus of their parents' names).

My V2 is named after characters from Final Fantasy VI, my V3 is named after characters from Chrono Trigger, and my V4.5... I couldn't think of anything, so since it was a girl I named it San after Princess Mononoke since that's my favorite movie of all time. XD

Video games are a gold mine, I also love naming tamas after harry potter characters, other characters from books that I love, sometimes i give them weird names cuse I don't have a theme or an idea in mind. Right now I used the Villain in a game (Gamigami) that is a cross over between two games and most don't know it but I loved the characters in it... And my V3 right now I am using names from my favourite podcast and after 5 generations I am going to switch it up and go with a different fandom no idea what there are so many......to choose from

I'm not very creative, so it's often the first name that comes to mind - my partner usually just suggests a name that I like and I just use that hahaha. I would like to start some kind of naming system though :p

I don't have a naming system, I just name them after things in my life, like foods, people I meet, characters in books, weather conditions etc.

Well, my red fake tamagotchi hasn't been properly named yet. :p But some names I'm considering are: Japan/Tokyo (cuz' that's where tamas came from), Berry, or Sakura. Actually, imma name her Berry. My tamagotchi now has a name. XD :wub: My tamagotchi names are creative and are based on things Iike. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back