Ridiculous v3 glitch

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirorirotchi

Reaction score
So, as a bit of backstory, when my black translucent v3 arrived in the mail, it used a 2016 battery instead of a 2032. I accidentally bought a few, not realizing that these batteries, while the same voltage, are half the thickness of a 2032, and can easily shift out of place. I stuck a wad of paper under my tama's battery cover, but before my little incident, I had a piece i cut off an eraser in its place.

Anyway, onto the glitch. I noticed today on my way to work that Gleam had a blank screen. I tried hitting my tama a few times to shake the battery back into place, but it didn't work, so I just paused Lucky and put them both in my backpack. After work, when I got home, I opened Gleam up and put the wad of paper in to keep the battery in place better. It looked like nothing was wrong when i downloaded, but when i got to the points screen...

J2YzxEOm.jpg

I saw this.

I went to the shop to see if i could spend my unknowable amounts of wealth, and It didn't appear that i could buy anything. However, I also noticed something strange. There was a yogurt, which is only supposed to appear on your birthday, in the first section of the shop, and my birthday isn't for another two weeks.

nnUMonZm.jpg

So after that incident, I decided to try and add to my unknowable and unspendable fortune. After a handful of chump change from two points at flag, I looked again and i now had 9999 points. Again, i go to the shop and try to buy something, Still to no avail. So instead I go to the donation page - where i still have 9999 points - and donate all of it. As it turns out, I can't spend it, but I CAN donate it to the king!

After i completely empty my wallet of the cursed coin, I go play a few rounds of bump. I then return to the store to try and buy the yogurt... however, I still can't buy anything from the shop. That's where I'm at now. Gleam is asleep now, and i think tomorrow or the next day, the matchmaker is supposed to come. I really don't want to reset this v3 before gen 2 AGAIN, so i'm going to see if having a baby and the whole change in mechanics there will fix the bug, because at this point, I can't buy anything from the shop even though i definitely have enough real, earned points for it. If i still have an issue, though, I'll have to reset her, which i'm hoping won't have to happen!

has anyone seen anything like this before, or had any other weird things come from having your battery misaligned?

Last edited by a moderator:
This kind of a glitch hasn't happened to me, but I know there's a legendary "eating a ball glitch", where instead of food there are only balls the tamagotchi can eat, and various other things happen. That's both scary and cool!

The only glitch I remember having is that after a magic chest changed my teen character into a baby, instead of going back it remained a baby for a while. It was weird.

Update: after waking up, i checked to see what was going on with my glitched tama. when i checked my points, i was down to zero, when i'd had a few hundred the night before. Now, I think i know why I wasn't able to buy anything yesterday... I got the ball glitch! My entire inventory is full of balls, as well as the random items in the shop. Gleam can eat everything in her inventory, but I can't delete anything in items without it freezing after a few go away. Does anyone know how to deal with the ball glitch besides resetting, if possible?

OH NO NOT THE BALL GLITCH

I had this one on my V4 (both V3 and V4 can be affected).

Unfortunately, there's no way to get rid of it aside from a complete reset. Sorry Pirorirotchi :(

update: I think that tamagotchi was cursed. I reset today, and when we got home from a day in town i realized that it had fallen out of my pocket somewhere while i was scootering around 8^8 Luckily, there were tons of people out today so it definitely has a new home by now... hopefully they'll have better luck keeping it than i did ;^;7

update: I think that tamagotchi was cursed. I reset today, and when we got home from a day in town i realized that it had fallen out of my pocket somewhere while i was scootering around 8^8 Luckily, there were tons of people out today so it definitely has a new home by now... hopefully they'll have better luck keeping it than i did ;^;7
Rest in pepperonis, sweet tama ;w;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back