TamaTown being revived!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkalila

Reaction score
tumblr_inline_p5sqk85f2D1toxdax_500.png

https://tamagotch.org/tamatown/

Software engineer and dedicated tamagotchi fan Luc Rubio is working to reconstruct all versions of TamaTown and make them available on the website linked above. I found this from Tama-Palace on Tumblr, here's a link to their comprehensive post on this: https://tamapalace.tumblr.com/post/172004493601/

Rubio is detailing his progress on this project on his GitHub page: https://github.com/loociano/tamatown

This is really exciting news! I made a status update a few months back asking, "I recently discovered that even though Club Penguin has been removed by Disney, many people are hosting rewritten versions of it on private servers. Is there any reason that somebody hasn't done this with any of the versions of TamaTown, especially the TamaGo one? I miss those so much!" I'm so happy that this is actually being done. What are your thoughts? :D

I'm super impressed. And I'm glad he is working on the Japanese versions of the websites as well! Though I don't see the Hanerutchi town, and I think there was an Odenkun town too? Nonetheless, I'm especially interested in the Music City. It was probably the most involved one. since it was literally like Club Penguin in a way. And I especially wonder if he can make the item codes work? The biggest problem about discontinuation of Tama Town was the fact that we couldn't get souvenirs on most versions and that you can't get special characters on the MS without the site.

I'm super impressed. And I'm glad he is working on the Japanese versions of the websites as well! Though I don't see the Hanerutchi town, and I think there was an Odenkun town too? Nonetheless, I'm especially interested in the Music City. It was probably the most involved one. since it was literally like Club Penguin in a way. And I especially wonder if he can make the item codes work? The biggest problem about discontinuation of Tama Town was the fact that we couldn't get souvenirs on most versions and that you can't get special characters on the MS without the site.
Wow, I never accessed either of those two myself, you could consider contacting him about it sometime! I'm also very interested to see if he could make item codes work, that would be extremely helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very exciting! Hope the project goes well! :D
I do as well. The most concerning thing to me is the sheer amount of necessary missing files that are listed on the github page. I wonder if there is any way to find these files, or if anyone possibly has them.

SLAMS FISTS ON TABLE MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED

I'm so excited to see if this works! i remember i was totally crushed when my friend showed me the shut-down tamatown site back in 2013... I hope i'll be able to play with my v3s online again!

I hope this ends up working! I'm most excited to see the Music Star Tamatown come back, but one can only assume that it would be the most difficult to recreate (I wouldn't know though because I'm not tech savvy at all :p ). I wish I could help, but I don't know where to find files and I don't have any myself. :( I wish Luc Rubio the best of luck! ^_^

I hope this ends up working! I'm most excited to see the Music Star Tamatown come back, but one can only assume that it would be the most difficult to recreate (I wouldn't know though because I'm not tech savvy at all :p ). I wish I could help, but I don't know where to find files and I don't have any myself. :( I wish Luc Rubio the best of luck! ^_^
Same here, the Music Star / TamaGo one was so unique, I loved seeing other people online and walking around!

Oh my gosh! I'm trying not to freak out right now, this is amazing oh god I haven't played Tamatown since I was four to five years old - this is real!! Our dreams and prayers have been answered! I'll actually be able to play Music City for the first time - V4 Tamatown was my hangout.

I hope to see this project go far in the future!

I do hope that if even some parts cannot be recovered, then perhaps at least it would be possible to recreate them from scratch. That would be a very dedicated project I'm sure, but we have such skilled members of the tama community I think that would be a possibility!

Man, as someone who just recently got into Connections for the first time, it'd be super cool if I was actually able to use that part of the functionality instead of feeling like there's chunks of the tama that are just kinda locked off. :D

I miss TamaTown so much! Used to spend hours earning money in the games room and visiting my Tamagotchi's parents and grandparents!

I so hope they're able to bring it back, good on whoever is trying to revive it ^_^

Man, as someone who just recently got into Connections for the first time, it'd be super cool if I was actually able to use that part of the functionality instead of feeling like there's chunks of the tama that are just kinda locked off. :D
Yeah, I always feel like I'm not getting the complete experience that I used to when I'm playing with my connections. :(

I miss TamaTown so much! Used to spend hours earning money in the games room and visiting my Tamagotchi's parents and grandparents!

I so hope they're able to bring it back, good on whoever is trying to revive it ^_^
Same here, I used to spend hours on it as well! I hope they're successful too, his name is Luc Rubio, you can find info on the project on the github page linked above! :)

To be fair the v3, Jinsei, and v5 tamatowns were nothing special, but definitely nostalgic. I remember loving to make money in the ring toss game, and being able to collect souvenirs and buy stuff without waiting for the shop to restock in the actual device was useful, but I don't necessarily think that anybody who didn't get to experience these websites had missed out on anything.

But boy, Music City was something though! Making music and grinding your CD's into gold, that was fun. Decorating your house was quite fun as well. I remember using hardcore haxx (tamper data) to cheat into getting a gold CD faster- hey, don't blame me, if it took me like 2 hours of constant game playing to CHEAT it, just imagine how long it would take to get it through legitimate means! I'm sure it would be satisfying but ehh. I just wanted to get the secret characters quickly, because you could exchange your gold CD for a secret character that you can't get anymore.

I also remember liking e-tamago way, waaaaay better than our TamaTown. The town had soo much more personality, and being able to buy stuff there was quite useful considering how Entama has a street wendor that comes twice a day with just one item you might not want, and there was lots of exlusive items as well (at least you can still get them via enwarehouse).

Update. As of right now, if you try to access the link to the website, it will no longer take you there, and will redirect you to the github project page instead. I've seen rumors that Luc has stopped working on this project because he was afraid of getting involved in a potential lawsuit from Bandai. :(

Oh no :(

Can we at least have a secret underground Tamatown? I'm running my V4 now and missing the website so much.

I emailed Bandai and told them I miss the websites and the tamagotchi connections seem to have lost some FUNctionally without the online aspect.

It looks like he got a notice from Bandai and took it down. That's just speculation on my part but they are really cutting out third party stuff with the mix etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back