Sign in to follow this  
Sonic_Hedgehog

Did Dream Town Shut Down?

Question

When I try to log into Dream Town it says it can't connect to Tamagotchi Planet. I've completed the game multiple times but it's really nostalgic and I wanted to see it again! Can someone give me some answers? :(

9 answers to this question

It seems like Dream Town is definitely shutting down. Others have reported having issues logging in/making a new account, so it seems like only a matter of time until it closes it's doors for good. The Music Star Tamatown did the same sort of thing before it shutdown. It looks like it should be functioning, but it's not. I could be wrong (maybe the servers are going down for maintenance?), but it seems most likely that it's going down for good. :(

I managed to get the fortune teller to work for my new tamagotchi friends, but i can not make a account. If dream town shuts down, I will be disappointed. I used to play Tamla town with my friend who had a tamagotch. It was a great experience, so Ill be sad if it goes away. :( Edited by CringeQueen

Looks like The Sun has exploded in dream town, I had so much fun. Why BANDAI why?!?

I will never understand why does Bandai shut down these websites. It can't be all that expensive to host a not-that-elaborate flash game, come on... 

It’s so sad they shut it down, but I enjoyed it while it lasted :(

I know i used to have so much fun on it :angry: :(

Hello!! I know I haven't talked here in ages, but I'd like to put in an interesting note in on this conversation. Somehow, Dream Town is still functioning on my computer. It runs just fine. I'm not kidding, it actually loaded up, however, it doesn't let you make a new account. While I know my computer is very old (it's a Vista), I think it's mainly because Flash will be gone by 2020. I don't know what I should do, seeing as the only reasonable thing to do (without it becoming lost media) is to preserve it. I'm not sure how though. If anyone who knows how to preserve flash games (like the .swf files for tamatown) is reading this, then let me know because I'm assuming this will become lost media when flash is no longer in service. ((NOTE: The game is still 100% playable without an account, it's just that none of your progress will be saved.))

Edited by BearyToony

You can probably use an extension like this to download the swf files, but different areas of the game most likely have different swf files. You can try messaging Alex on tamatalk who archived some of the previous tamatowns, and there was also someone else working on archiving tamatown on github as well.

https://github.com/loociano/tamatown