My Tamagotchi Forever App!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeltaniatchi

Reaction score
The new Tamagotchi App has been out for a fair amount of time now, so I thought I would talk about it after leaving time for spoiler avoiding ~
imageproxy.php

The Mechanics

• Really good other than the fact that sometimes you put the tama to sleep and close the app, then it wakes when it isn't fully energised
  • Runs quite smoothly (I have a Huawei P10 Plus phone running the most recent v of android OS)
  • The games are fun, although the Band Practise one can be a tad laggy now and again
  • The way that you don't have to face the ungodly wrath of tamagotchi demands going through day to day life are nice
  • Gameplay is moderately altered from the actual shells, but still enjoyable as a lot of work is taken out (other than waiting forever to get enough coins...
The Characters

• I really like the chosen characters for this game, as it sees a few from different versions and has my all time favourite as the secret (I will message who this is if people still wish to wait and find out who when they get them ! )
  • I would like to see an update announced in about a month's time stating that new characters will be added
  • I would really like if these were added through a poll for which ones
    imageproxy.php

Summary

This app is amazing. As an A Level student coming up to exams, I do not have time at present to care for proper tamagotchis, so this is perfect for me.

I am able to check in every now and again during breaks to care for the little guys.
imageproxy.php

Overall, the game has made me fall deeper in love with the characters we know
imageproxy.php
imageproxy.php
imageproxy.php

What are your opinions on the new app, and who is your favourite so far? What are your experiences with any bugs/glitches?
imageproxy.php

Since it was soft released in Canada a few months before it was internationally (It was available before Christmas 2017) I've noticed a lot of polishing to the game. For awhile it wasn't compatible for my device... because reasons. My phone was pretty up there in specs so it was weird. Eventually it came to my phone. Playing it was pretty good. I haven't really seen any glitches. However to compare my pre-release game play to now, the game plays a lot smoother now. Before I've noticed a lot of frame rate dropping but it was easy to ignore. Now the game is pretty smooth. I also like the addition to a second baby character and an AR game. these two things weren't there on the pre-release.

https://freetimegametime.wordpress.com/2018/03/09/my-tamagotchi-forever-app-review/

I wrote my review of it

all in all I am not a fan from the doh like look of everything to the colour scheme (clearly made for little kids) and the noises the characters make (I have deemed them nightmare worthy) and having the help them go to the bathroom by poking them.. I didn't really enjoy the games the felt like the sort of games that are the classic app games and to be honest if it can poop beside the toilet all by itself why do I need to poke it to make it go in the toilet

the Tamagotchi LIFE apps were much better and less creepy

I second the whole pooping thing, but I think the style being kiddy is intentional since a lot of the advertisements seemed to hint at drawing a parent's attention who then introduces the app to their kids.

I second the whole pooping thing, but I think the style being kiddy is intentional since a lot of the advertisements seemed to hint at drawing a parent's attention who then introduces the app to their kids.
Without a doubt it'll be intentional. It looks to me like they're trying to re-establish the Tamagotchi brand in the West, and to do that it's vital for them to leverage a medium that today's kids are familiar with in order to introduce them to the brand via this app, before they do anything more. (As we're all aware, the currently-available Tamagotchi releases in the West - even including the recent plushes - are mainly aimed at the nostalgia market, which consists of people who won't need to be introduced to what a Tamagotchi is.)

I'd guess that the aim is probably to transfer that brand-awareness over to a physical Tamagotchi release somewhere down the line. It's a common way of leveraging mobile games in order to promote other sectors of a company's business.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had it installed for a little over a week when it came out and I really enjoyed it! The mini games were surprisingly fun and I thought the mechanics were ideal for a phone. As I posted elsewhere, though, I couldn't stop getting.the two certain characters despite changing up the diet, so I uninstalled it out of frustration. I looked up all the available characters and I was disappointed by how few were available. I'll probably reinstall as soon as there's an update or two that add new Tamas.

Also, the AR game never worked for me, despite every other AR app working just fine on my phone. :/ That was a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back