Burotchi's Doodle Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burotchi

Reaction score
tama1_by_vuro-dc7it16.png

So, I recently rediscovered my enthusiasm for Tamagotchi after...14 years? I've never owned an actual Tamagotchi device, only the game for Game Boy. I loved caring for my sweet, elderly Kuchipatchi until this wretched boy from my 7th-grade class snatched the Game Boy from my hands and fed it cake until it died. I was done with virtual pets after that, but then the 20th anniversary re-release happened. We'll start by logging the 20th anniversary mini I found at work

Any Tamas I raise will all be cataloged all in this thread in the form of mildly bad doodles. Please feel free to comment if you'd like!

I work at Barnes & Noble, so one of the many things I'm in charge of is receiving the product shipment every day. This means I get first pick when it comes to new stock! >:3c Back in November, I was unloading a huge box when I spotted a surprise at the bottom...

tama2_by_vuro-dc7iv33.png

Two 20th anniversary Tamagotchi, an orange one and a blue one. I had no idea these were being made and I KNEW THAT I MUST HAVE THEM, but money was tight at the time and they were $15 each. I also wasn't sure if my employee discount applied to them. I eventually decided to be a True Mature Adult and put them on the sales floor to get them out of my mind. They were gone by the next day.

then i discovered they were a very limited release GOD I REGRET MY DECISION SO MUCH...

Luckily, THIS MONTH WE GOT TWO MORE!!

They were yellow and purple, my least favorite colors out of Series 2, but I wasn't gonna pass on them just because of the shell. I snatched them both up immediately, one to collect and another to actually play.

tama3_by_vuro-dc7iyf6.png

now that's some hella bad lighting, jesus

This was the one I decided to go with, since I prefer sunny yellow to Fisher Price purple. Time to boot up this spicy egg!

Last edited by a moderator:
I pull out the tab, the egg lets out a screech, and

tama4_by_vuro-dc7izo9.png

🌞HE IS BIRTH🌞

His vacant expression fools his enemies into thinking he's a simpleton, but anyone who gazes long enough into those void-like pixel pupils knows he is capable of great and terrible things. From this day forth, he shall be known as

PARTY BALL

I read reviews for the 20th ani Mini online and everyone made these out to be so easy to kill and demanding? Sure, Party Ball was a tad high-maintenance the first hour, but then I only had to throw food at him maybe once every couple hours. The little dude just wants the basics. He spends his days merrily bouncing back and forth in his perfectly square prison room with minimal complaint.

tama5_by_vuro-dc7j359.png

Party Ball might be a lil more serious than I originally thought.

The following day, the plastic egg starts blaring at me while my best mate and I listen to Cloud poorly describe Sephiroth to Sora, Donald, and Goofy. I rush over to my Tama, and he is undergoing the majestic transformation I've been waiting for.

tama6_by_vuro-dc7j95c.png

It happened just like this, I saw it with my own eyes.

Dang, Party Ball must have been one happy guy in his pupa stage to blossom into Mametchi!

tama7_by_vuro-dc7jj0x.png

I used to think Mametchi was kinda overrated, but now that he's here, I see the error of my ways.

I love taking Party Ball with me to work! Everyone thinks his beeps are my wristwatch doing something, so no one questions his calls (YOU FOOLS). It's a nice way to keep my mind occupied during the more mindless parts of my job. He's very helpful!

tama8_by_vuro-dc7nne2.png

jk, this is an exaggeration. I'm the strongest at my job and never show weakness under any circumstances.

He's with me every day and everywhere! Sure, all he does is poop and eat while I selflessly meet all his demands, but I feel a real bond here! We are truly

tama9_by_vuro-dc7nnp1.png

A couple nights later, as my best mate and I are about to embark on a midnight Del Taco run, I hear the familiar chime of a transformation...

but it's nighttime and Party Ball's asleep, so I have no idea who's sleeping in the cute little futon lol

By morning, a stranger is there to greet me.

tama10_by_vuro-dc7no73.png

What the heck is this.

My adorable teddy bear-bunny hybrid morphed into a pair of spindly legs grafted to the head of a middle-aged white man vaguely reminiscent of the 42nd president of the US?

This is the secret character?

THIS IS MY REWARD FOR TAKING FLAWLESS CARE OF MY MAMETCHI??

zelda14.jpg

Despite his grotesque, unholy evolution, this grown man's head is still my Party Ball. I will not abandon him simply because of his off-putting appearance, not after all we've been through.

But he somehow feels more demanding than usual? Like, I feed him until he's full, and then he screams for additional nourishment not even 30 mins later. Although we're not the pals we used to be, I take excellent care of him like always over the next week.

Then, while my best mate and I watch Sora murder 1,000 Heartless, there's a piercing wail from the other side of the room. At first, we think it's the PS4 malfunctioning, but then I realize that's Party Ball's cry.

tama11_by_vuro-dc7np0r.png

Welp, there he goes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sliiiightly relieved oops ┐(‘~`;)┌

RIP in Peace, dear friend.

After a short, 12-hour break, it's time to start my mini anew:

tama12_by_vuro-dc7qwkw.png

✨Birth 2: Electric Boogaloo✨

He's identical to Party Ball in every way, but we know the original PB is gone forever.

Welcome, EMA

He's named such because he looks just like these white grape candies I get from the local Japanese grocery store:

tama15_by_vuro-dc7qz1z.png

Sadly, this will be the last time I raise a Tama on this mini. Although it was satisfying at first, the simplicity of the gameplay gets stale fast and the small pool of characters isn't very fun. So,

tama13_by_vuro-dc7qxz0.png

I snatched up a v4.5 from ebay! I got real lucky and found it $10-$15 cheaper than all the others I'd been seeing. I thought I'd have to settle for a Friends or a Dream Town - which I do want eventually, but those aren't as easy to take to work as the keychains.

Anyway, about Ema.

tama14_by_vuro-dc7qynl.png

I don't want to get Bill again, so that means I can't spoil this Tama like I did Party Ball. So, I'm restricting his snack intake. Candy twice a day is OK, but once an hour? THAT MUCH SUGAR'S GONNA RUIN YA, LITTLE DUDE (or at least turn you into some old guy's head). He whines for candy constantly, but my mind is made up.

Since Ema's probably not going to be doing anything terribly exciting in the immediate future, I think it's time to boot up the v4.5!

tama17_by_vuro-dc7tgy6.png

I can't believe how tiny the mini is in comparison! Imagine that, the mini is mini...

There was some real weirdness when I started. First, I got an egg that wouldn't hatch, then I got the dead Tamagotchi from the owner before me (its name was Corbn), which refused to go away despite many resets. Then, after leaving it alone for ten minutes, a new egg suddenly appeared! I was hoping to change the username/birthday, but it's not that important. I can be "Missy" I guess. -_-

tama18_by_vuro-dc7xury.png

Birth 3: A New Hope★ And this new blob of delight is a girl! Her name will be Punch, because Tadakatsu Honda: Greatest Warrior was just a few letters too long for the 5-character limit.

Doesn't she look like a peeled coconut?

UTB89VQvXHnJXKJkSahGq6xhzFXaJ.jpg

It's so refreshing to have all these features that were absent in the mini, especially the games. I'm impressed with Punch's ability to soar through clouds, despite her lack of limbs.

tama19_by_vuro-dc7xuu5.png

I'll admit, I got used to my mini needing minimal attention and never getting sick. So, uh, the first morning after her hatch was a little shocking.

tama20_by_vuro-dc7xuwz.png

I tend to sleep in until 11am-12pm on days I don't have work, so she was just about dead when I failed to respond to her pleas for care for who knows how long. I should have set the clock an hour earlier. >:/

Punch is done being a baby and has changed into...

tama21_by_vuro-dc83e1k.png

Soon after the evolution, the mail came for the first time!

tama22_by_vuro-dc83e3z.png

I have no idea who'd be sending her letters, but it's always fun to get mail.

tama23_by_vuro-dc83e4s.png

UUUUUUHHH

EXCUSE ME?

WHY ARE BURGLARS ALLOWED TO BE SHIPPED BY THE TAMA POSTAL SERVICE?

There's no way an entire man is going to fit into a traditional envelope without some inside help, so the postman is hereby banned from this house.

tama24_by_vuro-dc83e7c.png

OH NO YA DON'T, YOU STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM US

wait, looks like he's got something normal.

tama25_by_vuro-dc83e92.png

YEAH, THE POSTMAN'S DEAD IF HE SETS FOOT ANYWHERE NEAR OUR BEAUTIFUL HOME EVER AGAIN.

Ooh love this log! Can't wait to read more but I miss the OG Party Ball. :(

Would you mind sharing what software you use for doodling or how you upload your doodles?

Thanks for a good read!

Ooh love this log! Can't wait to read more but I miss the OG Party Ball. :(

Would you mind sharing what software you use for doodling or how you upload your doodles?

Thanks for a good read!
Thank you so much for reading! :wub: I use Paint Tool SAI (with a pencil-ish brush specifically) and I upload these through deviantart!

Here's some paint doodles of your lil guys! Hope you don't mind them. ^_^

URQtBDg.png
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! They're so cute! Thank you so much, this is getting saved to my comp immediately. :wub:

(and if I ever see you do a log, you can expect some fanart from me! >:3c )

OK, I'm running behind because work's been killin' me lately, so I'm gonna rush a lil bit to catch up!

tama30_by_vuro-dc8rb13.png

Punch has reached adulthood, becoming a very vocal Shitekitchi!

Ah, time to admit my shame: I'm trying to do this without a guide, and uh........I didn't understand that I had to actually interact with the Tamagatchi while she goes job-hunting, so she just...never got a job! Oops! :lol:

I DID understand that I had to find her a nice companion, though! So, when the matchmaker came along with an adorable Ura Togetchi, I got the business done.

tama31_by_vuro-dc8rb6x.png

And through Mysterious Tamagotchi Magic, a child materialized!

tama32_by_vuro-dc8rb7a.png

It was nice watching the mother and tiny child hang out together all day. I was already starting to miss Punch, knowing she was due to leave that night, but I was even more excited to see what her child would become!

Towards the end of the day, I got hit by some sudden fatigue, so I decided to lay down for a few minutes. I usually take my Tama with me, but this time, I mistakenly left it on the desk.

Maybe you can already guess where this is going. :')

Two minutes after hitting the couch, Punch called, but I was too tired to get up right that moment. I figured they'd be OK for five short minutes, but not long after I had this thought....

tama33_by_vuro-dc8rb7l.png

THIS WAS THE ONE TIME I DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY ATTEND TO PUNCH'S NEEDS, WHY

So, I was SUPER pi**ed, but at least it gave me the opportunity to try resetting a few more times until it finally let me wipe the old file completely and put in my own username, Vuro. :') Next time, we'll give this another go.

I really love this style of log. It's very entertaining, and this is the first thread I've had email notifications set for.

A++. Great job. <3

(Makes me wanna search for my drawing tablet.)

I absolutely adore this idea! I really enjoy your style for being simple yet really entertaining - great job! :D

Latest posts

Back