Photo
- - - - -

Fake Tamagotchis Are All over the Internet

• Please log in to reply

Penguin-keeper

• penguin-keeper user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:36 AM ( #86 )

But if people buy the fakes thinking they're actual bandai's and see how bad they are, isn't that stopping bandai from doing as well as they could? Put it this way: people try the fakes and just 'eh', but if people tried the actual p1's or something maybe - I don't even know how to word this. You get what I'm trying (and failing) to say, right?

I get it, yep. This is where consumer education about fake goods comes into play, really.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:07 PM ( #87 )

You're right, but also I think that the most "common" range of people who are into trying out a tamagotchi for the heck of it are probably just fine with what a fake has to offer. Most people who claim they miss tamagotchis say that they only kept "killing them", and honestly, if you really want to know about something badly enough, you would do proper research about it.

Plus... People have bought the actual minis, thinking they are what they remember from their childhood and were disappointed. So that's not good on Bandai's end either that they weren't more properly advertised.

Not to mention that if only there WAS an actual tamagotchi on the shelves people would buy it instead of looking for fakes, which were just way easier to buy not too long ago, since there were no actual toys in stores.

• Penguin-keeper, Berryitchi and Tamago_luckycat02 like this

Tamago_luckycat02

• tamago-luckycat02 user photo

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:58 PM ( #88 )

I have a new tama-well not really- more of a FAKE Tama. I would post pictures but whenever I try my device keeps crashing sooo...

I’ll try and give the best description I can.

I got this Giga/digi pet from Poundland. When I got it, I thought it looked pretty cute because of the cats and llamas on the packaging. That brings me to my first problem.

The characters on the package are NOT featured in the actual game. This was very disappointing for me as that was practically the only reason I bought this.

When I opened the Tama the first thing I noticed was that a LOT of symbols/icons used were stolen from the connection. Another strange thing was that there were five buttons with STATUS, SELECT, RESET, DECIDE and CANCEL underneath them, but what I don’t understand is that there are only 2 things you can do with all 5 of the buttons. Decide let’s you select and all the other buttons let you scroll- APART FROM the reset button (which MIGHT I ADD is very easy to press accidentally. I learnt that the hard way.)

The tamagotchi itself is a Jia-Yuan type, which is quite obviously manifactured and made in China.

Overall this is a cheap plastic piece of junk. No wonder it was only sold for £1.

kuchikid

• kuchikid user photo

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:59 PM ( #89 )

Wait... wasn't this closed earlier today? I'm confused.

KidRetro64

• kidretro64 user photo

Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:28 AM ( #90 )

Wait... wasn't this closed earlier today? I'm confused.

No? What are you talking about? I am pretty sure it closes around mid September time.

kuchikid

• kuchikid user photo

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:00 AM ( #91 )

No? What are you talking about? I am pretty sure it closes around mid September time.

A mod closed this thread yesterday morning and now it's un-closed.

• KidRetro64 likes this

KidRetro64

• kidretro64 user photo

Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:19 AM ( #92 )

Well.. at least my post gets to live for a bit longer! But srsly.. it was closed and then re-opend? Maybe they thought that my topic was good enough to live a bit longer (100% NOT BRAGGING)

Edited by KidRetro64, 26 August 2018 - 11:21 AM.