What drawing tablet should I get?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breadcrumbs

Reaction score
ive been getting into art again lately, and have wanted a drawing tablet for so long, issue is, i dont know what to pick! im a genius, asking strangers on the internet Any suggestions that are cheap would be appreciated. :]

I've heard good things about Huions, and they go for as cheap as 30$.

What kind of tablet are you looking for? Different skill levels require different tablets. If you're just starting out: Monoprice & Wacom tablets would be a good place to look.

I think a good investment would be an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. Yes, it's very pricy, but it's both a multimedia tablet as well as a really decent graphic one- a lot of professional artists use it. You can't just hook it up to the computer and draw there (at least not natively), but you can download software to draw on it (some good ones are even free!), and there's some apps that let you draw on the computer too if you need to.

Go with Wacom. They're the best, especially if you want to eventually be able to do work professionally.

I used a refurbished Bamboo Fun for about a decade until I lost it in my garage. orz

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a good investment would be an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. Yes, it's very pricy, but it's both a multimedia tablet as well as a really decent graphic one- a lot of professional artists use it. You can't just hook it up to the computer and draw there (at least not natively), but you can download software to draw on it (some good ones are even free!), and there's some apps that let you draw on the computer too if you need to.
I have a ipad pro atm... Yeah, never actully thought about that, but it seems way less of a investment.. Thanks everuone for suggestions though! ;)

If you have iPad pro then I do reccomend getting the Pencil, it isn't a bad buy at all. The pressure is quite good, and iPad drawing apps are usually less pricy than the desktop ones, and the free ones are quite decent too. I reccomend "Sketches" and "Medibang".

This thread encouraged me to look up my tablet, and snagged the same one on eBay for $20. :3

Also, I dislike drawing on touchscreens, personally. Drawing tablets are more similar to paper, I guess? xD

I actually feel more like I'm drawing on paper when drawing on my iPad Pro than I do on my old graphics tablet. You just really need the Pencil, just any stylus can't do, since it's thin like a real pencil and has pressure and sensitivity. But that being said, cheaper graphics tablets aren't too shabby! Loong time ago I got two Pentagram tablets that cost like 100$ that would break within MONTHS, and Pentagram used to be a reputable company....

the iPad pro is definitely the way to go if you have it already. it's a nice portable display tablet, probably the best option in that category

when I switched from an old tablet with 518 pressure sensitivity levels and an active area of 5.8 x 3.6 inches to one with 8,2k, twice the active area and 5 times the resolution... :unsure:

it was A LOT more precise and the material felt nicer, so my experience is a lot better now, but it didnt really change the final look of my artwork ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the iPad pro is definitely the way to go if you have it already. it's a nice portable display tablet, probably the best option in that category

when I switched from an old tablet with 518 pressure sensitivity levels and an active area of 5.8 x 3.6 inches to one with 8,2k, twice the active area and 5 times the resolution... :unsure:

it was A LOT more precise and the material felt nicer, so my experience is a lot better now, but it didnt really change the final look of my artwork ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ha, i have a 9.5 inch, wondering what size did you have? i most likely will buy my pencil in like 1 week. Im a beginner, so my artwork will most likely suck for the next few months, :p

ha, i have a 9.5 inch, wondering what size did you have? i most likely will buy my pencil in like 1 week. Im a beginner, so my artwork will most likely suck for the next few months, :p
6.7 -> 10.5... well, not quite twice the size like i said, but it IS bigger now.

i knwo its easy to say and hard to do, but i hope you can just enjoy drawing and not worry too much about being a beginner etc.

thats one of my oldest sketches i could dig out xd.

132af7c85d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back