QPet?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iza

Reaction score
28750800_129281094462589_6577567565705379840_n.jpg

Does anyone have experience with these? I watched a video on YouTube and it looks interesting.

For some reason these don't seem be too known about on TamaTalk, but they were all the rage on the Facebook groups some time ago. It's basically a fake +Color, but it doesn't have the exact same features. I'll have my own one soon.

You can buy them on Wish or chinese websites, I think aliexpress too. It's made by the same company that makes the Nana Moon virtual pets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually love the QPet Plus Color. My sister bought me one as a gift, thinking it was a legit Tama. I didn't tell her it was a fake, of course. I was surprised she was actually supporting my Tamagotchi obsession after knocking it for 20 years :D It's the only non-Tamagotchi virtual pet I own, and even then it's still a Tamagotchi of sorts, I guess :p

It's really quite impressively detailed, for a fake - there are many activities that you can do with your little impostor Tama :D The features are not the exact same as the Plus Color but they were clearly trying. The character sprites never fail to make me laugh. They're all clearly the characters from the actual Plus Color, but they're all just a little bit....off, in that "u tried" sort of way that only bootleg stuff can achieve.

As I recall, the manual comes in Chinese only, but you have the option to run the QPet in either Chinese or English. There's some awkward English translations but it mostly makes sense!

On the downside, while I haven't had any problems with mine, I've heard that they're not the most durable, so I don't take it too many places with me. The games are also not very fun - one of them is a slow and awful version of the Plus Color apple-catching game, and another is a MATHS GAME. Whoever decided to mix maths with Tamas is evil <_< The sound is also incredibly bad with these - tinny and muffled, but thankfully you can turn it off.

There's some awkward English translations but it mostly makes sense!
And there's that really inappropriate translation for when you lose at a game. :p (I don't own one of these, but I did watch a YouTube video so that I could see what it was all about.)

I really do hope that there aren't people who have been convinced that these are legitimate and are buying these for their kids... The notion very much reminds me of a brief furore in the UK press some years ago, when someone bought fake Game Boy Advance games for their kids from a dodgy vendor at a market-stall that was local to them, and then got angry and went to a newspaper when the pirated games featured "cracktros" that contained expletives. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually created an account to ask a question.

I've very recently gotten one of these, the white one. You said you can turn the sound off, but I haven't figured out how. How do you turn the sound off? I've figured out how to set the clock so I can 'pause', at least.

Also, it looks like they've changed the programming since that video and when I purchased one, because when I fail a game it just says "poor". A whole lot more family friendly, even if the pawn shop guy still smokes. :lol:

I believe you can turn the sound off by pressing the B button for a while. Haven't tried that but I heard it works.

And it's interesting that they updated the programming in some of them! I wonder what else they could change...

I really do hope that there aren't people who have been convinced that these are legitimate and are buying these for their kids...
Definitely. :-( That's the only reason these are made. The market for "haha, a fake, I'm getting it" is way too small.

Oh wait, it's you? You were defending them in the other thread. :-/

The notion very much reminds me of a brief furore in the UK press some years ago, when someone bought fake Game Boy Advance games for their kids from a dodgy vendor at a market-stall that was local to them, and then got angry and went to a newspaper when the pirated games featured "cracktros" that contained expletives. :rolleyes:
Ah, cracktro's. Those were pretty nice actually as it made it way more clear you got a fake. Unfortunately the piracy industry wisened up.

Definitely. :-( That's the only reason these are made. The market for "haha, a fake, I'm getting it" is way too small.
Exactly. The packaging seeks to deceive by using real Tamagotchi characters and images, and the product itself seeks to deceive by carrying a marking that's a slight alteration of an official one - I believe that the real product is marked "TMGC", whereas these have something like "TMCG" - and by featuring real Tamagotchi characters, along with some other characters that the manufacturer clearly does not own.

Oh wait, it's you? You were defending them in the other thread. :-/
No I wasn't, and it's not good conduct to claim something that isn't true.

In the other thread to which you are referring (which is here for the sake of others who won't understand what you're referring to), I explained the difference between a counterfeit item and a generic item, because people were incorrectly calling generic items that were in no way deceptive "fakes", "counterfeits", "scams", and so on, because, as I said there, education about the differences between, and how to identify such things, is unfortunately poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back