Screen Issue, Lines of Missing Pixles

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spoogysprouts

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed before, I searched and couldn't find much.

I purchased a 1997 Tamagotchi from eBay, advertised as working. I put new batteries in it, but the screen has several lines of dead pixels, and can only be viewed at an angle. All the screws are tight. Any suggestions on how I can get this working, or should I just return it?

k35cb4.jpg

9i61s9.jpg

It may be a problem with the screen... But before you return it, make a last effort to fix it by unscrewing everything and putting it back together, I've fixed mine like that once, but it doesn't always work.

Motherboard/screen might be just loose, yeah, putting it apart and putting it back together can just fix it, or if you're scared, don't go further than just opening it only to tighten the screws on the motherboard and then on the back cover. Sometimes it helps.

Thanks for your replies! I took it completely apart, made sure everything was clean and dust free, and put it back together. It's better, with only a few lines missing now. I'm debating if I want to try one more tear down and attempt cleaning the lcd contacts a bit better.

Is there an actual tamagotchi repair place? I'd imagine they'd make a fortune!

Not that I know of there being an "official" one, but I'm sure there are some savvy members that would be willing to fix your tamagotchi for a small fee or a trade. It's good to ask around, but of course find a person you can trust first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back