Chrysalis-Lyn's Ocean Journal

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrysalis-Lyn

Reaction score
Chrys here.

This journal is for my very first ocean tamagotchi - the neediest creature in the deep-blue!

I like the see-through, mechanistic quality of this shell. The colors make me think of ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.

tamagotchi_ocean_package_by_rainbow_effusion-dca9hbk.jpg

I pulled the tab, set the timer, and here's my squishy egg:

ocean_egg_by_rainbow_effusion-dca9hed.jpg

(Fun Fact: Tamagotchi ocean is composed of soda pop & juice, not water. Hence the cute little bubbles on-screen. It is also supposedly 3,720,000 kilometers deep. That's abyssal!)

After 5 minutes, planktontchi appeared! Darling fellow. I think I will name him Ketchup.

baby_ocean_by_rainbow_effusion-dca9hg8.jpg

After an hour, Ketchup transformed into a Kuragetchi. Jellyfish are one of my absolute favorite animals. If you're not sold on them, then look up Fried Egg Jellyfish, Cauliflower Jellyfish, and Blood Belly Comb Jellyfish. They are so elaborate & mythical!

jellyfish_ocean_by_rainbow_effusion-dca9hi2.jpg

Ketchup isn't as wild-looking as those creatures, but he sure is cute. He has kept me company today while I've been drawing, reading, and listening to music. I'm already quite fond of him. Maybe this evening I will take him for a stroll. It's nice to have an oceanic friend! I'll try to post regular updates of his progress.

Sincerely,

Chrys

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all! I'm back with another installment of my ocean journal.

Yesterday evening I fashioned a screen protector out of lamination paper, and then I found a necklace to match the shell. I put Ketchup on it and took him for a stroll. It was warm & breezy. We encountered some deer, a cardinal, and a bluejay.

tumblr_p7z28lVy7C1xrwugqo1_400.jpg

Right as I returned home, he gave a little beep.

sweet_dreams_by_rainbow_effusion-dca9u04.jpg

Apparently the walk exhausted him!

Day 2

This morning, I woke to his plaintive calls. I overfed him, and he gave me the cutest stink face.

stink_face_by_rainbow_effusion-dca9u22.jpg

Today, I have kept him on my desk while drawing & writing.

desk_setup_by_rainbow_effusion-dca9u5o.jpg

Here's a little sketch of his evolution chart. He's scheduled to evolve sometime tomorrow morning.

evolution_chart_by_rainbow_effusion-dca9u38.jpg

I'll be sure to update then with his new evolution!

Sincerely,

Chrys

I love your art of the evolution of your tama, and the necklace you've put it on! It complements the shell so well ^_^ Loving your log so far!

I love your log, Ketchup is a cutie, and I'm curious to see if it will be so hard to keep him alive, as the rumors say. ^_^

Hello dear tama-talkers! I'm back with a belated journal entry. Buckle down, because we're about to get a tad philosophical.

I knew the ocean would be ephemeral, but the other day Ketchup left without warning. When an umino tamagotchi is sick, it doesn't beep. I was too invested in a drawing and didn't glance at the screen in time to save him. Here's the (regrettably short) completion of his evolution path.

first_run_chart_by_rainbow_effusion-dcaflsl.jpg

I added a page for him on my tamagotchi sketchbook spread. To the right, his jellyfish-soul is ascending into the cosmos:

sketch_by_rainbow_effusion-dcafk4b.jpg

(fun fact: jellyfish souls look like sparkly clouds.)

Day 3

...Enough of that, let's talk about rebirth & the transmigration of the soul!

good_morning_by_rainbow_effusion-dcafkj7.jpg

A new egg, a new start. I'm twice as determined. I'd like to think that Ketchup's pixel-essence is contained within this shell, so let's treat this as a reincarnation: Ketchup's fateful second-coming!

Planktontchi evolved into kuragetchi after an hour. I took him for a long walk downtown, to campus & back. We went to a bookstore and read some poetry. He was quite well behaved! I even found a dandelion to match his buttons. What a fetching fellow!

dandelion_child_by_rainbow_effusion-dcafmpy.jpg

Day 4

On a rare occasion this morning, I ended up waking up before Ketchup. The "lights" feature in the tamagotchi ocean functions based off of natural sunlight hours, rather than artificial lights. This means it can be dark before he goes to sleep, or light before he wakes up. I caught him snoozing like a little angel.

little_angel_by_rainbow_effusion-dcafk0i.jpg

The morning has barely begun, and I already know it's going to be a long one. If I can get Ketchup's reincarnation through today, then he will have made it farther than before. I just need a lot of coffee & luck. Even if he doesn't make it, I'm going to keep trying.

pinkbutterflies & Iza - thank you so much for the kind, encouraging words! I'll be sure to update my art with each new evolution. So far, I haven't found it terribly difficult to keep the ocean's heart meters filled. The real difficulty is unexpected predator attacks & sickness, which can happen if you look away for even a second.

I'll be sure to update again if something exciting happens.

Sincerely,

Chrys

News flash from tamagotchi ocean!

Yesterday, I made Ketchup a throne out of a tiny easel.

ocean_throne_by_rainbow_effusion-dcajf9l.jpg

It helps me keep an eye on him. I was quite happy at 7, when he finally went to bed.

Day 5

Ketchup got terribly sick this morning. I had to use medicine 5 consecutive times! Just when I thought my jelly might be...

toast_by_rainbow_effusion-dcajf5p.jpg

It became this!

fish____by_rainbow_effusion-dcajfvh.jpg

Yes - a fish! Otototchi to be exact. It's raining heavily outside today. While I draw & write, he's been swimming across the screen.

peekaboo_by_rainbow_effusion-dcajfbm.jpg

So cute. I'll probably draw him.

Sincerely,

Chrys

Last edited by a moderator:
Your art is great! It really adds something to your log. :D

Sounds like these guys are just as hard to take care of as everyone makes them out to be. O_O

Back with another ocean update!

It's been an eventful week.

light_by_rainbow_effusion-dcawb0l.jpg

I brought Ketchup with me to a museum & a mall. He's certainly the most cultured tamagotchi I've ever had.

On Saturday, while running errands, I heard a beep:

bigger_fish_by_rainbow_effusion-dcaw9vj.jpg

And viola! Ketchup's adult evolution - Taiyakitchi!

Taiyakitchi came with me to a dinner party & a gala. As an introvert, my tamas make great company.

Alas, Ketchup passed on yesterday morning. I'm glad he made it to adulthood.

I restarted, and now I'm experimenting with different care strategies.

Here's my sketch of Otototchi, alongside my new Kuragetchi:

otototchi__kuragetchi_by_rainbow_effusion-dcaw9tj.jpg

I'm working on a sketch of taiyakitchi, to honor my well-traveled fish friend. I will post it once finished.

Thank you for you kindness, Hoky! I'm so glad that my drawings add something extra to this journal!

That's all for now.

Sincerely,

Chrysalis

Hello all!

Just a small update this time, with a sketch of taiyakitchi, my first adult evolution.

taiyakitchi_by_rainbow_effusion-dcb45oc.jpg

What an irresistible expression.

I'm still trying new strategies & methods with this tough tama. If I have any breakthroughs, then I'll be sure to share.

Sincerely,

Chrys

Latest posts

Back