- - - - -

2017 Tamagotchi P1 & P2 Appear in GameStop Inventory System

• Please log in to reply

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:09 PM ( #1 )

img=removed (posted without permission)

Ladies and gentlemen, its the moment we’ve been waiting for! Bandai America has done an excellent job drowning us in every single series of the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini, but this time, it appears we’re getting the real deal.
A GameStop employee was snooping around the inventory system and discovered some new Tamagotchi products, specifically the 2017 P1 & P2 which were just released in Japan on November 23rd 2017 to wrap-up the 20th anniversary festivities.

img=removed (posted without permission)

A Tamagotchi fan on Imgur has posted images of the GameStop inventory showing off the new P1 & P2’s which are scheduled to hit shelves on August 15th 2018! Although this seems pretty far out, its uncertain whether there will be pre-orders. There are a whole bunch of shell designs that have been leaked on a popular toy website, Toy Panic. Theres a mix of original shells you’ve seen in the late 90’s in the United States along with some new designs too.
It appears that Bandai will be branding these as “Tamagotchi Original”, which they believe will differentiate them from the 2017 Mini. The list price for the 2017 P1 & P2’s are set at $19.99, merely $5.00 more than the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini’s. If you ask us, the additional functionality is well worth $5.00. These are sure to be a hot collectors item and definitely will be a great gift for the 2018 holiday season.
We are so excited to hear about this and believe this will truly bring back the nostalgia we’ve been envying Bandai for releasing in Japan. It looks like its about to be an AWESOME summer! Take a look at the shells above, which one is your favorite?, let us know in the comments below!
Here are the official shell design names:
Top Row: 

- Light Green Glitter (P2)
- Leopard (P2)
- Original Pink/Yellow (P1)
- Original White/Black (P1)
- Original Blue/Silver (P2)
- Japanese Logo (P2)
- Original Transparent Blue (P1) - Original Pink/White (P2)

Bottom Row:

- Original Yellow Blue (P2)
- Red Glitter (P1)
- Mermaid (P1)
- Galaxy (P2)
- Black (P2)
- Unicorn (P1) 
- Tiger (P1)

Edited by TamaMum, 13 July 2018 - 01:27 AM.
Photos posted without permission

• tamaninjacat, Hapihapitchi, Knighttchi's Ballad and 4 others like this

Replies

Views

Started

30 May 2018

Verklighet

• verklighet user photo

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:05 AM ( #2 )

What language will they be released in?  :o

Penguin-keeper

• penguin-keeper user photo

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:08 AM ( #3 )

This is great news! :D

I imported a Shuku 20 Shunen Tamagotchi P2 from Japan late last year, and I'll pick up a P1 version when these inevitably hit the UK.

What language will they be released in?  :o

The Happy meter that appears in some of the pictures suggests that these will be in English.

• Verklighet likes this

InCyberspace

• incyberspace user photo

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:33 PM ( #4 )

I want every single one. Please... lease let uk stores get them too.
  • Penguin-keeper likes this

Penguin-keeper

• penguin-keeper user photo

Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:40 PM ( #5 )

Please... lease let uk stores get them too.

We already know that Bandai seemingly had these at a UK event back in February - I'd say that that's a given, thankfully. :D

Edited by Penguin-keeper, 02 June 2018 - 08:40 PM.

• tamapalace likes this

Code_Name_Geek

• code-name-geek user photo

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:36 PM ( #6 )

Oh boy, I hope this is true!! I definitely want one of those  :D

InCyberspace

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:37 AM ( #7 )

We already know that Bandai seemingly had these at a UK event back in February - I'd say that that's a given, thankfully. :D

I can't wait this is like reliving my childhood.

Verklighet

• verklighet user photo

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:33 AM ( #8 )

I’m excited that I actually get to buy one XD this makes me so happy.

My earliest version of Tamagotchi is the Friends, and those are the only grayscale ones I have aside
from the Mini... SO IM PUMPED

kuchikid

• kuchikid user photo

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:48 PM ( #9 )

CANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOOCANADATOO

• Knighttchi's Ballad, Penguin-keeper, raichuu and 1 other like this

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:41 PM ( #10 )

Looks like you're an avid Tama-Palace reader. Love it!

• Penguin-keeper and Eggiweg like this

InCyberspace

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:42 PM ( #11 )

Looks like you're an avid Tama-Palace reader. Love it!

Thank God.

raichuu

• raichuu user photo

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:00 PM ( #12 )

PLEASECANADA—

• Knighttchi's Ballad likes this

Birbplant

• birbplant user photo

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:05 AM ( #13 )

I wonder if Bandai was testing the waters with releasing the Mini in English and then decided they liked the reception? They sold well but a lot of customer reviews of the 20th anniversary in my country were really peeved with the reduced features. I hope they haven't exhausted their good faith with western customers with that move. Sometimes I wonder what Bandai is thinking. Anyway, I hope this means all English speaking countries are getting the 20th P2 then, but I won't hold my breath if the lazy job with the recent minis is any indication. I don't expect them to include English exclusive characters for example. Negative of me, I know. I probably sound salty but really if they're releasing more Tamas outside of Japan then this is good news!

Edited by Birbplant, 26 June 2018 - 03:00 AM.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:59 AM ( #14 )

Well, the Mini was sold in Japan way before the Shuku 20 Shunen tamagotchi was too. They're just doing the same thing they did in Japan, guess it took longer because the P1 actually has text to translate and new shells to design, unlike the Minis.

They'll probably be released in every country that had a P1, I'd guess. Or maybe just every country that has a Gamestop? 

• Penguin-keeper and Birbplant like this

Birbplant

• birbplant user photo

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:15 PM ( #15 )

Well, the Mini was sold in Japan way before the Shuku 20 Shunen tamagotchi was too. They're just doing the same thing they did in Japan, guess it took longer because the P1 actually has text to translate and new shells to design, unlike the Minis.

They'll probably be released in every country that had a P1, I'd guess. Or maybe just every country that has a Gamestop? 

I didn't know that! That changes everything. I'm hyped now, I hope we get these!

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:05 PM ( #16 )

both of these images are from my facebook group, first image belonging to Destiny Ocean Carroll    and the second belonging to me 

tumblr_inline_p9kkuq0aqS1toxdax_540.png

Ladies and gentlemen, its the moment we’ve been waiting for! Bandai America has done an excellent job drowning us in every single series of the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini, but this time, it appears we’re getting the real deal.

A GameStop employee was snooping around the inventory system and discovered some new Tamagotchi products, specifically the 2017 P1 & P2 which were just released in Japan on November 23rd 2017 to wrap-up the 20th anniversary festivities.

tumblr_inline_p9kkv0ZnSH1toxdax_540.png

A Tamagotchi fan on Imgur has posted images of the GameStop inventory showing off the new P1 & P2’s which are scheduled to hit shelves on August 15th 2018! Although this seems pretty far out, its uncertain whether there will be pre-orders. There are a whole bunch of shell designs that have been leaked on a popular toy website, Toy Panic. Theres a mix of original shells you’ve seen in the late 90’s in the United States along with some new designs too.

It appears that Bandai will be branding these as “Tamagotchi Original”, which they believe will differentiate them from the 2017 Mini. The list price for the 2017 P1 & P2’s are set at $19.99, merely $5.00 more than the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini’s. If you ask us, the additional functionality is well worth $5.00. These are sure to be a hot collectors item and definitely will be a great gift for the 2018 holiday season.

We are so excited to hear about this and believe this will truly bring back the nostalgia we’ve been envying Bandai for releasing in Japan. It looks like its about to be an AWESOME summer! Take a look at the shells above, which one is your favorite?, let us know in the comments below!

Here are the official shell design names:

Top Row: 

Bottom Row:

- Light Green Glitter (P2)

- Leopard (P2)

- Original Pink/Yellow (P1)

- Original White/Black (P1)

- Original Blue/Silver (P2)

- Japanese Logo (P2)

- Original Transparent Blue (P1) - Original Pink/White (P2)

- Original Yellow Blue (P2)

- Red Glitter (P1)

- Mermaid (P1)

- Galaxy (P2)

- Black (P2)

- Unicorn (P1) 

- Tiger (P1)

TamaSugarBiscuit

• tamasugarbiscuit user photo

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:59 PM ( #17 )