V3 - Bad forms with good care?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CcBot

Reaction score
So I've got two V3 Connections that I (re)started up a couple months ago. The last few generations I've gotten pretty average forms, to the point where I've had some duplicates. So this time when they both bred their new offspring, I wanted to take the absolute best care of them I could, so I could start getting better forms.

For the record, I'm not new to the Tamagotchi game; I know what needs to be done to take care of these guys. I just hadn't been super vigilant about it up until now. So for their baby and child forms, they stayed with me around the clock - everything they needed was given within a couple minutes, and yes, I kept their weights down too. These two were completely spoiled by Tamagotchi standards. But this morning when they evolved into teens, I got Piroriroritchi and Hashitamatchi. Both bad care forms (the worst, in fact), despite absolutely no care mistakes. What gives??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm did you let their hearts drop, maybe? And did you discipline them?

Hmm did you let their hearts drop, maybe? And did you discipline them?
Their heart meters only fell to 2 once, and that was while I was getting dinner. The rest of the time they were at 3 or full. They were never empty except that for first time as babies. And I made sure to discipline whenever they needed it - Yuna (Piroriroritchi) has five bars now, Rikku (Hashitamatchi) has four.

It's weird, right?

When it comes to connections, there are two forms of care. Physical and emotional care.

https://sa311.tumblr.com/post/170767461037/teen-to-adult-growth

Sadly there is no dedicated guide for the v3 regarding this, but we know that it does use this sort of a system.
Huh. I was vaguely aware of the physical/emotional split between care levels, but I've never read a detailed guide on it before. So thanks, that's interesting.

I'm not sure it applies here though, since I'm pretty sure I took care of both types of care flawlessly... Filling both meters, cleaning messes, turning lights off, scolding when calling needlessly, praising when crying... I even played both games (Get and Bump) fairly frequently. What could I possibly have done to make them think they were that neglected? I'd think it was a glitch except they both did it.

v3 is kind of infamous for being quite hard to obtain good care characters on, from what I know. Did you manage to fill the discipline meter to full?

v3 is kind of infamous for being quite hard to obtain good care characters on, from what I know. Did you manage to fill the discipline meter to full?
Not yet, since they only just became teens. I mean it's possible they'll have good care forms as adults, but the 'very bad' teen forms are kind of throwing me off right now.

Thank you all for your input and questions, by the way - I swear I'm not trying to be obstinate, I really just want to figure this out!

The only possible thing I can think of - and this literally just occurred to me - is that I did change each of their clocks once. I said their hunger meters dropped to 2 while I was getting dinner; well, by the time I was done it was just past 8 pm and they were sleeping. i didn't want them to have partially-empty meters at 8 am the next morning (since I certainly wasn't getting up that early just to take care of them), so I set their clocks to an hour earlier so I could feed them. Then of course I set them to the right time and they went back to sleep, so I turned off the lights and figured no harm done but...could that have caused something? Did I totally screw up their internal systems by doing that and make them think they'd been neglected, like pausing (sometimes) does?

Ugh, if that's it I'm going to be really annoyed at myself. V3s are so finicky.

Yeah, sadly v3's are like that. Every time I remember getting a perfect care character I always got it by pure accident, mostly as a kid.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the old Connections also had parental growth as a factor (making it harder to get perfects if the parents weren't good)... Changing the time has never mattered for me, and I do it daily when I go to work or class.

Anyhow, I always have the opposite problem. I can never get bad or even average characters on my V1-3.

I never had any issue of this sort with my V2, I always get what I give. If I give good care I get good care characters and the opposite.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the old Connections also had parental growth as a factor (making it harder to get perfects if the parents weren't good)... Changing the time has never mattered for me, and I do it daily when I go to work or class.
Yeah see, I thought about that, but Yuna's mother was a Dorotchi, and Rikku's was a Tarakotchi - both 'average' forms iirc. Hell, Yuna's 1st generation ancestor was a Violetchi (which, incidentally, was the very first tama I ever raised as a kid on this very v3, so I was happy to see it again), so it's not like they've had bad genes all the way down the line.

But here's the thing: Even if the parents weren't perfect or I did a couple things wrong, I shouldn't have gotten the very worst teenage forms that exist, right? That just doesn't make sense. There's a much wider range of forms to choose from than just 'perfect care' and 'very bad care'. So really, the question isn't "what did I do wrong"; you'll just have to take my word for it that I know what I'm doing and that I wasn't ignoring them all day. The question is "what minute detail in the v3's programming am I unaware of that can cause this to happen?" That's what I'm hoping someone can help me out with, so I don't inadvertently keep doing it in the future.

Because hell, if the clock-changing isn't the issue, then I've really got nothing.

Wait... What were their weights? That has a massive impact. An overweight tama can almost never become a good character...

Wait... What were their weights? That has a massive impact. An overweight tama can almost never become a good character...
Good thought lol but I mentioned that earlier, albeit briefly. If you want exact numbers, then I'd say around 14-16 pounds? I always try to keep my tamas close to the minimum weight, especially as toddlers & teens.

Update! They both just reached their adult forms; Rikku became a Hidatchi and Yuna a Billotchi. Both above-average care forms (and ones I haven't gotten before), so I'm happy. Still not sure what happened in their teen stages, but I guess it doesn't matter much.

Thanks for the help, all!

I know this has mostly been covered, but I was running a V3 and a V2 for the last few months, and the adult thing DEFINITELY impacted mine. I got perfect care on both the first times I ran them, but then when I let it slip it haunted my tamas for generations...

I didn't know about the emotional/physical care thing. That might be a factor in why my most recent V2 run resulted in a Toratchi - I just made it play the jump game since most of the other V2 games are kinda... bad. XD

I'm going to prolly go with Jhud and just assume it's being finnicky, too. It's tough; I'm not huge on the skill system of v4 and up because it's too predictable, but the RNG-esque nature of earlier connections almost swings too far the other way sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back