Tamagotchi Mini

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 212414

Reaction score
I heard there's different versions depending on which one you get. Is this true? Do any of them have Pochitchi?

No, all minis are the same, just different shell designs. And you can't get Pochitchi. Here are the characters you CAN get though (I won't list the babyitchi xP): Mametchi (perfect care), Kuchipatchi (good care), Maskutchi (bad care), Nyorotchi (awful care). Mametchi evolves into Bill, while the rest turn into Oyajitchi. (1 day babyitchi, 7 days adult, 6-7 days oldie - approximately) Although it can die early if it's neglected enough. And the gameplay is the same on all the minis, press A to feed it and select either rice or candy, press A to clean the poop, press A to turn the lights on or off, press B to see the time, hold C then press A to turn the sound on or off. Let me know if you have any more questions! :)

There's an older version of the Mini from 2005, where Mametchi could evolve into Ginjirotchi (or, in the Japanese version, Lucky Unchi-kun), instead of into Bill. However, those weren't released globally (Japan and North America got them, whilst the UK and Europe didn't, as far as I know), and they're no longer available at retail.

As Berryitchi notes, all that's out there now is the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini, and Pochitchi hasn't appeared on any version of that. (I think that this is a pity. I'd have happily bought a second Mini if they'd offered a P2-themed version.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice summary, Berryitichi. I'll probably quote you if I see anybody else asking for an overview of the mini (although it appears those topics have tapered off lately).

I was writing my reply when Penguin-keeper posted so I'll just add to what he's written. Along with the 20th anniversary edition (described by Berryitchi), and the original 2005 version (described by Penguin-keeper), there is also the Japanese exclusive Good Luck version. The Good Luck version also includes Lucky Unchi-kun as a swap for Bill/Ginjirotchi as well as swapping Oyajitchi for Darumatchi. Darumatchi has a special "generational" evolution wherein if the tamagotchi raised after it is given perfect care, the tamagotchi will evolve into Mikotchi. I got this info from the Tamagotchi Wiki, which is a useful database for the various Tamagotchi releases.

Of course, the 20th anniversary mini is the most feasible option as the prices of the others have likely increased due to it being "no longer available at retail", as Penguin-keeper puts it. Funny how the second hand market can make one count the original retail price as a plus.

It's there in the infobox (box with the picture of the mini in it) in the second row from the bottom with the words "characters". It messes me up all the time as even though infoboxes are supposed to contain all that fiddly categorical stuff, I just gloss over it because it's so small (and I grew up on Wikia/Fandom).

Back