M!x vs the 4u?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchirocks

Reaction score
I want to purchase a new tama this summer. Thus, it boils down to the tamagotchi 4u and the m!x, since I like them both and found two specific ones at an affordable price point. However, the m!x is $16 more than the 4u. I also don't have an nfc phone nor plan on getting one, and I'm tight on budget.

Thus, I would like to know some major differences in the gameplay itself. What will I be losing? Is it worth spending $16 more on the m!x, or better to save that $16 and go with the 4u? Plus if it helps, I will not be an avid player in the future since my life is pretty busy haha :D

Sincerely,

A tama fan whose just really bad at making decisions

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to get a 4U, Get a 4U+. No doubt they are better than the normal 4Us.

In this case, a M!X would be relevant in this type of question.

The $16 price diffence reslly does not make much of a difference, because in my opinion I feel it is necessary!

I can never give a conclusive answer on whether to choose a 4U+ or a M!X because I really honestly don't like either of those versions. But if you can't get a compatible phone (and it can't be just ANY NFC phone either), then definitely don't get the 4U, it just relies on download content too much. There's very little built in characters, and items, while the M!X at least has the whole mixing thing, and a decent amount of items.

As for gameplay, they're both completely different, I'm not sure if they share many gameplay aspects, if any, even... 4U of course doesn't have character mixing, but it has a training and school system, which M!X doesn't. 4U doesn't have the teen stage which M!X does. On 4U you can dress the characters up in both clothes and accessories, while on the M!X there are only accessories. 4U has a matchmaker while on the M!X you have to bond with the characters in the town and then propose to them.

If you want to get a 4U, Get a 4U+. No doubt they are better than the normal 4Us.

In this case, a M!X would be relevant in this type of question.

The $16 price diffence reslly does not make much of a difference, because in my opinion I feel it is necessary!
I can never give a conclusive answer on whether to choose a 4U+ or a M!X because I really honestly don't like either of those versions. But if you can't get a compatible phone (and it can't be just ANY NFC phone either), then definitely don't get the 4U, it just relies on download content too much. There's very little built in characters, and items, while the M!X at least has the whole mixing thing, and a decent amount of items.

As for gameplay, they're both completely different, I'm not sure if they share many gameplay aspects, if any, even... 4U of course doesn't have character mixing, but it has a training and school system, which M!X doesn't. 4U doesn't have the teen stage which M!X does. On 4U you can dress the characters up in both clothes and accessories, while on the M!X there are only accessories. 4U has a matchmaker while on the M!X you have to bond with the characters in the town and then propose to them.
Thanks for your answers! In your opinion, which one is more fun to play with?

Lastly: in terms of taking care of it, which one is easier to handle; 4u or m!x? This is because I want a tama that is not too complicated haha :)

Hard to say... What 4U has going for it is the whole school and training system, that was pretty neat, I guess. While M!X has the whole mixing system. However M!X is a bit more "basic".

They're both easy to handle. 4U was made with adults in mind so it's not all that needy (pretty sure you can leave it all day and it won't die), M!X isn't that easy to die either, plus it has the daycare function.

The m!x is very low maintenance, you can leave it in the daycare/parent's house (until 5:00 pm) every day. The downside to this is that it gets a bit boring/repetitive, since care doesn't affect the evolutions, but you'll always get different looking characters.

There aren't as many games on the m!x, and you need to connect to another m!x to unlock one of them (Gozaru village), it's also not very customisable, unlike the 4U/P/IDs.

But if you are going to get one, get an anniversary m!x which already has all locations unlocked.

The m!x is very low maintenance, you can leave it in the daycare/parent's house (until 5:00 pm) every day. The downside to this is that it gets a bit boring/repetitive, since care doesn't affect the evolutions, but you'll always get different looking characters.

There aren't as many games on the m!x, and you need to connect to another m!x to unlock one of them (Gozaru village), it's also not very customisable, unlike the 4U/P/IDs.

But if you are going to get one, get an anniversary m!x which already has all locations unlocked.
Hard to say... What 4U has going for it is the whole school and training system, that was pretty neat, I guess. While M!X has the whole mixing system. However M!X is a bit more "basic".

They're both easy to handle. 4U was made with adults in mind so it's not all that needy (pretty sure you can leave it all day and it won't die), M!X isn't that easy to die either, plus it has the daycare function.
Thank you so much for your help guys! Do you know how long japan you want takes to ship their goods? I'm in canada ^.^

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back