Shipping to Canada?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchirocks

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience purchasing tamas from the following websites:

1. Japan you want

2. Hobbylink Japan

3. CD Japan

If so, how long did your order take to ship to Canada in the cheapest shipping option?

Last edited by a moderator:
I (and probably other people here) have only ever bought tamas off of eBay or in the stores. Since they all have “Japan” in there names, (this is just a guess) I think they might be directly shipped from japan to you!

I (and probably other people here) have only ever bought tamas off of eBay or in the stores. Since they all have “Japan” in there names, (this is just a guess) I think they might be directly shipped from japan to you!
Yes, that's kind of obvious... Most people here have bought on these websites. And when you buy on ebay you're likely to also buy something from Japan there. That's not what the person is asking for, I'm sure they know the tamas will be shipped from Japan, they're asking how much the shipping will take to Canada.

I can't help you, because I'm not from Canada, but from Poland- not sure which country is closer or further from the proximity of Japan... But out of all of those (I've ordered from all of them, if I recall correctly), I think the cheapest, safest and fastest was JapanYouWant. CD Japan and Hobbylink Japan's cheapest shipping option has no tracking if I remember correctly and they won't refund you if it gets lost. In either of them shipping took me about a month to arrive. JYW's cheapest shipping option does have tracking and it usually takes me two weeks or so to arrive, though most of that time is it sitting in customs in my country, sometimes they arrive in under a week.

Yes, that's kind of obvious... Most people here have bought on these websites. And when you buy on ebay you're likely to also buy something from Japan there. That's not what the person is asking for, I'm sure they know the tamas will be shipped from Japan, they're asking how much the shipping will take to Canada.

I can't help you, because I'm not from Canada, but from Poland- not sure which country is closer or further from the proximity of Japan... But out of all of those (I've ordered from all of them, if I recall correctly), I think the cheapest, safest and fastest was JapanYouWant. CD Japan and Hobbylink Japan's cheapest shipping option has no tracking if I remember correctly and they won't refund you if it gets lost. In either of them shipping took me about a month to arrive. JYW's cheapest shipping option does have tracking and it usually takes me two weeks or so to arrive, though most of that time is it sitting in customs in my country, sometimes they arrive in under a week.
Thanks for your help! I just checked and Poland is approx. 8000 km from Japan, whereas where I'm located it is 10,000 km, so that helps me get an estimate. It is good to know the Japan You Want has tracking! I am planning to get a 4u from there, or a melody m!x from ebay since I'm still deciding on which one.

May I ask how long shipping generally takes for you from eBay?

I'm from Canada and most things I've bought on Ebay, regardless of the country, take about 2-3 weeks to arrive. Ebay always has a average arrival period for every listing that I'm guessing is formulated for each country. I think the only time it was inaccurate was when a tama I bought from Japan took a week or so longer than the expected arrival period. There are precautions put in place on Ebay if an item hasn't arrived past a certain point and in the case with that late arrival, my father had to use them but it ended happily and everything was settled with the seller.

I'm from Canada and most things I've bought on Ebay, regardless of the country, take about 2-3 weeks to arrive. Ebay always has a average arrival period for every listing that I'm guessing is formulated for each country. I think the only time it was inaccurate was when a tama I bought from Japan took a week or so longer than the expected arrival period. There are precautions put in place on Ebay if an item hasn't arrived past a certain point and in the case with that late arrival, my father had to use them but it ended happily and everything was settled with the seller.
Thanks for your help! The tama I am interested in particular is noted that it takes 16-55 business days and the seller ships it after 10 days.....so I'm pretty angsty since I want it to arrive before summer ends xD

I just got an Entama from Japan on eBay and it took about a week and a half (even though they said it would take two weeks or longer). This may have been an exception.
Thanks for your help! The tama I'm interested in particular is estimated to arrive between 16-55 days so the long window frame got me riled up haha :)

I just got an Entama from Japan on eBay and it took about a week and a half (even though they said it would take two weeks or longer). This may have been an exception.
Thanks for your help! The tama I'm interested in particular is estimated to arrive between 16-55 days so the long window frame got me riled up haha :)

Well I live in Scotland (UK) so I try to find tamas closest to me. The longest time a tama has taken to arrive is about a week and a half, can’t exactly remember where I got it from but I’m pretty sure I got it from out of Europe! So it does not take nearly as long as some other websites, but be careful because some people have never sent the tamas and have robbed there money!

I live in Canada. It seems to take forever to ship here! I recently bought from JapanYouWant, and it shipped on the 30th or the 31st. According to the tracking info, it's already here in BC, and I guess I'm getting it tomorrow. Keep in mind though, I paid for express shipping, which was significantly more expensive. JapanYouWant has claimed that they have had issues with shipping to Canada in the past and recommended the shipping upgrade to ensure Canadian buyers will get their packages without interference or delays. This is just my experience, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I live in Scotland (UK) so I try to find tamas closest to me. The longest time a tama has taken to arrive is about a week and a half, can’t exactly remember where I got it from but I’m pretty sure I got it from out of Europe! So it does not take nearly as long as some other websites, but be careful because some people have never sent the tamas and have robbed there money!
Ebay or even just paypal can literally refund you if it happens.

be careful because some people have never sent the tamas and have robbed there money!
This would be more likely on obscure websites that never had anything to sell to begin with, A.K.A scams. Therefore, the fact that the auction is for a Tamagotchi has very little to do with the scam. Ebay is fairly reputable as is Amazon. Practically any website that uses PayPal is safe because PayPal acts as a middleman between you and the seller: you pay PayPal and when the item arrives PayPal pays the seller. Thus if there are any problems with the item arriving, PayPal still has your money and can refund you. JapanYouWant uses PayPal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back