Questions about fake tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, probably. It will just stay on 99 and will probably maybe die? Gonna get one tomorrow so may be able to help a bit more :D

I'd love to know what you guys find out!

I only ever tried maxing out the weight, which had no effect. :lol:

Chances are, a definite lifespan needs to be programmed in to a Vpet in order to take effect, therefore it is highly likely that in a somewhat sloppy device that may be have been completely overlooked. Thus, like KidRetro64 stated, reaching age 99 will probably have no effect. Now as for the age counter after that, it might act like the ones on a genuine Tamagotchi and simply stay on 99 - a fact my 400-something year old Hanerutchi Sotilde would gladly attest to, if she could type - or perhaps even continue counting. It might stop at 255 - "the maximum value representable by an eight-digit binary number" (courtesy Wikipedia) - or perhaps roll over to zero and begin counting again (it may be considered a higher value in the code, however). But all of this is just speculation and that is all we can do till someone documents the feat. When your oddpet eventually reaches 99, I too, like Penguin-keeper, would like to know what happened.

Chances are, a definite lifespan needs to be programmed in to a Vpet in order to take effect, therefore it is highly likely that in a somewhat sloppy device that may be have been completely overlooked. Thus, like KidRetro64 stated, reaching age 99 will probably have no effect.
It's worth pointing out that these virtual pets are very sloppy. :lol: I agree that KidRetro64 is going to be right on the money here!

The age counter doesn't advance by the day, because these 168-in-1 pets only remember what time it is for a relatively brief while after you set it. The age is instead advanced by using the "Work" function, and I think also by checking the mail that will come in after a few uses of that feature (sometimes it will explode and give you money, and other times it will explode and make your pet poop itself - which is a perfectly understandable reaction to a randomly exploding letter).

You can advance the age at will, basically.

I have read the instructions over and over again, and there is something about a friends view screen. Any ideas on what it is?

Maybe a reference to the connection feature that was never fully implemented. I hear these cheap fakes often have the characteristic red cover where the infrared port would be but often lack the actual parts. I don't have one myself but I think Penguin-Keeper's write up mentioned they had the icon but it didn't work like an official Tamagotchi's.

I have read the instructions over and over again, and there is something about a friends view screen. Any ideas on what it is?
Maybe a reference to the connection feature that was never fully implemented. I hear these cheap fakes often have the characteristic red cover where the infrared port would be but often lack the actual parts. I don't have one myself but I think Penguin-Keeper's write up mentioned they had the icon but it didn't work like an official Tamagotchi's.
Honestly, the instructions for these things sometimes don't bear any relation to the virtual pet itself! I have two 168-in-1s, both in different generic shells, and the instructions for one of them were about a different virtual pet entirely (which I have yet to actually find).

Chances are that it's not an unfinished feature, but that the instructions were just stolen from something else. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with KidRetro64. It'll probably get to 99 and stop counting, staying at 99. I doubt it'll die. If I'm truly honest, these V-Pets aren't all that bad. The worst thing about them is how millions of them appear on eBay when searching for tamas. :'D I could only guess it'll stay at 99. I don't think those pets can die, but idk.

Chances are that it's not an unfinished feature, but that the instructions were just stolen from something else. :lol:

OH Well that sucks. I am getting another one from different people,so if what u said is true, it's probably going to have different instructions

Idk, I think the 'Connection' fakes have different instructions, but that might be it.

These pets can't die. Right now it is the 10th day without food and nothing has happened, it is still alive. But I think that it's going to fall apart soon, because the beeping is sounding really weird❓🤔

So assuming you drilled a hole at the back and jerry rigged a way to power it from the wall. Your pet would be on life support....forever?
If there was some way to do that, as far as I can tell, yes. :lol:

I've been wondering if the "goal", which probably doesn't even exist, is to repeatedly buy the items which can transform your pet into something else (more on that here), until you've worked your way through all 168 options, but I suspect that even that would just be a big waste of time, in the end. I'm certainly not inclined to try to do this. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back