My Tamagotchi friends dream town won’t turn on. Help!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ive had my tamagotchi for a couple years now I got it from hot topic and played with it. I forgot about it and found it a couple days ago and it wont turn on. I clicked the reset button on the back but it doesnt turn on. I havent messed with anything yet but I am desperate to know whats wrong with it. If you could help me that would be great, thank you in advance

I second KidRetro's remark that it might need a minute to run. It is common for all electronics that they don't start automatically but rather need a little time to "warm up". I have heard of a similar case with another Dream Town that needed to do this.

Next to that, are you sure you have put the batteries in correctly? It's hazy in my mind but I think one battery is up and one is down, which is indicated by an outline of a battery inside the compartment and also on the outside near where the batteries go in. Additionally, are you sure your batteries still have power in them? If you have never taken the batteries out, they will surely be dead as a Tamagotchi stays on all the time and mines usually doesn't last more than a month with new batteries (but I never really counted).

Ok so as I can an see from the outside there isnt any rust in the battery slots so I dont think its rusted and I replaced the batteries yesterday, so when you let it warm up do you push the reset on the back for however long it takes to start up or press the button then wait a while. I did the second one right after I put new batteries in.

Also I thought I might have put them in wrong but I didnt so its not that

Last edited by a moderator:
To warm it up, just put in the batteries and leave it for awhile. I think pushing the reset button is equivalent to holding a switch in the off position, thus it is probably unhelpful.

The only way I can turn it on is if I were to click the reset button there isnt any other way I would be able to turn it on I dont know why mine does this but I cant turn it on any other way. Any other ways you can think of?

I cant turn it on without the reset button it doesnt do anything else for some reason. Also its been sitting for Id say around 20 hours probably

Try pushing the reset button after putting in fresh batteries. Check if the contacts for the batteries are clean and rust-free.

Push it, just make sure to select download instead of reset when it gives you the option.

The reset button wont work ;-; I really dont want to buy a new one because they sell for like 36 dollars now ughhhh. Anyways is there any tamagotchi version that anyone recommends?

Did you try a new set of batteries? What are you looking for in a tamagotchi?

If you're looking for an upgrade from the tama friends, you could try an IDL. It's in japanese, but it has a colour screen, more interactivity and is one of the cheapest color options. You can get more games and accessories if you have an IRDA compatible phone as well.

For connection models, I'd recommend a v4/v4.5 or a v6 (music star).

Yes I was looking for an upgrade but I was kind of wanting to try one of the connection versions thank you Eggiweg

Also which website should I go to find one? Amazon? Ebay?

japanyouwant.com (preferred, it has mostly japanese versions including colors but sometimes on rare occassions they have english versions too) or ebay.

Anonymous.seagull said:
I cant turn it on without the reset button it doesnt do anything else for some reason. Also its been sitting for Id say around 20 hours probably
I thought you said you never got it to turn on. What does it do when you hold down the reset button? Usually the instructions advise to reset just because it might have programming abnormalities when it starts up (my first one did).

Since you've left it for more than hour with the batteries in I'm starting to wonder if moisture got into the device, such as when it was stored. If that's that case it won't turn on because water has a way of ruining electronics. There are countless stories on here of people dropping their tamas in water and most end disastrously. But I still wonder if maybe the batteries are in the wrong direction. Have you tried putting them in the opposite way indicated and seeing if it works?

It could be a hardware issue with the battery contacts, maybe liquid got in (make sure it's not battery acid), or the polarity (+ and -) might be reversed, make sure to insert them as shown on an instruction sheet or inside the battery compartment. Mine took at least 60 seconds to 1 minute to turn on when I replaced the batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back